Sat on my passport a few times, but nothing happened still works and no damage

Posted via Passport
    11-29-14 12:52 AM
    Wow. That's some unfortunate sitting that happened there. Try and send it back. I had great luck with sending my PlayBook back to BlackBerry back. Although BlackBerry directly handled those warranties. I had damaged my PB dropping it but later it had some display issue but they fixed everything no questions.

Edit: I wonder what BlackBerry would do if you tweeted them a picture though... Ahh its worth a shot to get it officially repaired.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 01:15 AM
    How much does the op weigh?

Posted via BBM Premium
    11-29-14 07:04 AM
    Did you read the entire thread?
    keepit dry likes this.
    11-29-14 09:04 AM
    Why don't everyone just contribute something useful to the op's thread, or don't talk at all. Is that all these threads are for is to start arguments? Aren't we supposed to be all on the same team here?

Good god, grow up people.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 05:14 PM
    Why don't everyone just contribute something useful to the op's thread, or don't talk at all. Is that all these threads are for is to start arguments? Aren't we supposed to be all on the same team here?

Good god, grow up people.

Posted via CB10
    Or.. read the OP. Make your OWN personal Opinion and either make your comment or continue reading.
    This post was too easy to conclude. Bent passport. Pictures added later. User told to send it back and not try to fix it himself. After that everything is everyone else's Personal opinion or comments.
    That could work too eh?

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    11-30-14 06:58 PM
    Or people could JUST talk about the BENT PASSPORT. Try this.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 07:07 PM
    Moderators! I think you've had enough money making clicks from this thread. The OP seems to have his answer and is working to rectify this situation. CLOSE IT!
    Carjackd and AndyYNWA like this.
    11-30-14 07:12 PM
    Moderators! I think you've had enough money making clicks from this thread. The OP seems to have his answer and is working to rectify this situation. CLOSE IT!

One of the most logical posts in this thread. 10 pages of goo!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    11-30-14 07:15 PM
    Some of you guys are real pieces of work. You would rather make fun of him then dare admit that the Passport might be bendable. Unbelievable.
    11-30-14 07:23 PM
    Some of you guys are real pieces of work. You would rather make fun of him then dare admit that the Passport might be bendable. Unbelievable.
    I think it's only common sense that it's bendable...anyone who thinks otherwise is foolish. And on the topic of foolishness... Not trying to insult the OP...painful lesson learned..don't put your phone in your back pocket.

Any further common sense to discuss?

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    11-30-14 07:35 PM
    Or.. read the OP. Make your OWN personal Opinion and either make your comment or continue reading.
    This post was too easy to conclude. Bent passport. Pictures added later. User told to send it back and not try to fix it himself. After that everything is everyone else's Personal opinion or comments.
    That could work too eh?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah and you are drawing an assumption about someone you've never met or seen rather than feeling bad for him that his Passport bent. And on that point, its pretty sad that people in here like yourself would rather make an assumption about the OP's physical stature than admit that the Passport could actually be bent by a smaller sized person.
    11-30-14 07:46 PM
    Hey, I have an idea. Let's not argue. Let's talk about the good out weighing the bad, as far as the Passport is concerned, and stick to that topic.

All the rest of the nonsense makes people's ears bleed and their lives miserable.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    11-30-14 08:02 PM
    Yeah and you are drawing an assumption about someone you've never met or seen rather than feeling bad for him that his Passport bent. And on that point, its pretty sad that people in here like yourself would rather make an assumption about the OP's physical stature than admit that the Passport could actually be bent by a smaller sized person.
    Oh my friend. I never once said phones can't be bent. Even the mighty Passport in my pocket can be bent. And probably more likely as I am fat.
    But please don't take away my right to point out the stupidity of putting an 800 $ device in your back pocket. And how the fat thing came up? I was mocking the clueless comment before it. Sorry you took it literally.

Sat on my Passport in back pocket-tumblr_mbg2z081ff1qery84.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    11-30-14 08:20 PM
    Oh my friend. I never once said phones can't be bent. Even the mighty Passport in my pocket can be bent. And probably more likely as I am fat.
    But please don't take away my right to point out the stupidity of putting an 800 $ device in your back pocket. And how the fat thing came up? I was mocking the clueless comment before it. Sorry you took it literally.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_mbg2z081ff1qery84.jpg 
Views:	737 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	317886

Posted via CB10
    Why wouldn't he put it in his back pocket. JC himself said it can't bend so why not.

I didn't see you mocking any post above yours. I saw you trying to be funny and I guess to some people a comment like yours would be, I just don't think making comments that add no value or help the OP in any way are necessary. But to each their own and oh my god I'm so scared with that picture you posted lol.
    11-30-14 08:25 PM
    Why wouldn't he put it in his back pocket. JC himself said it can't bend so why not.

I didn't see you mocking any post above yours. I saw you trying to be funny and I guess to some people a comment like yours would be, I just don't think making comments that add no value or help the OP in any way are necessary. But to each their own and oh my god I'm so scared with that picture you posted lol.
    I don't recall Chen saying "it can't bend" i believe he said "I challenge you to try and bend it." BTW...it was someone else who said....

Sat on my Passport in back pocket-sit-.jpg

11-30-14 08:35 PM
    Did you read the entire thread?
    Every single post.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 02:24 AM
    even if the guy is not super fat: 70-80KG of weight would mean that the upper body is about 45KG of mass, between both buttocks this is around 20KG of force per bottock. of course this is going to bend a 100 gram thin steel frame.

It's not super smart to put a large, square phone in your back pocket and sit on it. I would even say this is rather stupid.
    12-01-14 03:52 AM
    even if the guy is not super fat: 70-80KG of weight would mean that the upper body is about 45KG of mass, between both buttocks this is around 20KG of force per bottock. of course this is going to bend a 100 gram thin steel frame.

It's not super smart to put a large, square phone in your back pocket and sit on it. I would even say this is rather stupid.
    I never considered the between the **** cheeks theory. Why wasn't this clarified from the beginning? Would have saved a lot of people from crying over fat sarcasm.
    Sat on my Passport in back pocket-cell-phone-butt-crack.jpg
    Mystery solved. OP be more careful and hope you buy another Passport and take more precaution this time. They aren't toys.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 11:06 AM
    I never considered the between the **** cheeks theory. Why wasn't this clarified from the beginning? Would have saved a lot of people from crying over fat sarcasm.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cell-phone-butt-crack.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	317954
    Mystery solved. OP be more careful and hope you buy another Passport and take more precaution this time. They aren't toys.

Posted via CB10
    Someone else has discovered my secret. Fuuuuu

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 11:19 AM
    I am 185lbs so about 80-90kg? I sit on mine every day in my jean pockets. Sucks Op had this issue.

12-01-14 11:30 AM
    So I did the same thing about four weeks ago, except when I sat down, I heard a loud pop.

I was convinced that when I pulled it out of my pocket the screen would be shattered, but to my surprise it looked perfectly fine.

It wasn't until yesterday when I noticed that there was a slight slant, not visible unless you were actually looking for it, and the corner of the glass was lifted slightly which explains the loud pop noise (the glue separating from the glass).

Now I'm left with the decision of sending it away so they can glue the screen back down or try a home remedy and try and glue it myself.

Has anyone had any experience in gluing down a screen? Is there a certain glue I should try?

I really don't want to send it away... that is not ideal.
    12-01-14 11:33 AM
    Has anyone had any experience in gluing down a screen? Is there a certain glue I should try?
    That's impossible. This never happens to Passports. At least it wouldn't have happened if this thread were closed.

Seriously, I would question whether glue would work given that the glass is straight and the housing is bent. Even if you could glue the glass down without causing distortion or a highly visible glue edge, there would be constant tension on the glass and you're much more likely to end up with cracked glass at some point.

PS - You might as well go ahead and post a photo of the device and document your weight. It seems like it's mandatory.
    keepit dry and eyesopen1111 like this.
    12-01-14 11:49 AM
    Obviously abuse. Nothing is going to put up with being abused. First one in how long? How many?

Posted from a Z30. Get one!
    12-01-14 12:31 PM
    That's impossible. This never happens to Passports. At least it wouldn't have happened if this thread were closed.

Seriously, I would question whether glue would work given that the glass is straight and the housing is bent. Even if you could glue the glass down without causing distortion or a highly visible glue edge, there would be constant tension on the glass and you're much more likely to end up with cracked glass at some point.

PS - You might as well go ahead and post a photo of the device and document your weight. It seems like it's mandatory.
    I don't know if you're trying to be helpful or snide...

but either way the bend is very minor; minor enough that there's probably no tension on the glass. I was also successful in bending the shape back into nearly straight status, but the screen is still loose on the one corner. Super glue crossed my mind once or twice.

PS - my weight is 198 lbs and photos will be coming soon, so stay tuned
    Carjackd likes this.
    12-01-14 12:33 PM
295 ... 7891011 ...