Oh please don't be so thick....CLEARLY the OP is EVIDENTLY a paid Apple shill who bought the Passport in order to bend it in order to deflect bad publicity away from Apple and since he's a short he's manipulating the stock market right when BBRY was on ascendancy.

Do I NEED to explain EVERY LITTLE THING to you?!?!?!?!?
    I hope you are being sarcastic.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    11-27-14 04:22 PM
    My BS meter is saying OP story is bunk. I sat on my passport many times like others have without bending. Tim Allen from tool time was on a talk show and was sitting on his passport and showed off a perfect passport and he said he had a fat ***. The phone looks bent by some other means. Passport made out of metal not weak aluminum

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 04:48 PM
    This is a ridiculous thread and I hate to say it but your story that this phone bent in your back pocket doesn't match up. Looking at your pic it's bent sharply as if a device was used to do this. Sorry not buying it. Just not believable.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly and OP is new to CB. You see the same BlackBerry can't do anything right crowd out in full force which isn't a surprise.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 04:51 PM
    I hope you are being sarcastic.

Had you going huh???
    11-27-14 05:32 PM
    Agreed, I've sat on mine probably 50+ times with no issues

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 05:36 PM
    My BS meter is saying OP story is bunk. I sat on my passport many times like others have without bending. Tim Allen from tool time was on a talk show and was sitting on his passport and showed off a perfect passport and he said he had a fat ***. The phone looks bent by some other means. Passport made out of metal not weak aluminum

Posted via CB10

Of course. As I stated earlier the OP is a paid Apple shill out to manipulate the stock and planting stories on CB to make Blackberry look bad. He's probably in cahoots with BGR.
    11-27-14 05:36 PM
    In December of 2009, I joined CrackBerry when the issues I was having with my Storm 2 were getting on my last nerve. No one accused me of making it up. They simply tried to help me.

Man, I miss that CrackBerry.
    11-27-14 05:42 PM
    In December of 2009, I joined CrackBerry when the issues I was having with my Storm 2 were getting on my last nerve. No one accused me of making it up. They simply tried to help me.

It was the Storm. People had mass sympathy back then.

Posted via CB10
    -Puck- likes this.
    11-27-14 05:47 PM
    OK, it seems unlikely, however if we give the OP the benefit of the doubt, lets look at what happened. Firstly, from anecdotal evidence, many, MANY people seem to sit on their phones with no damage (eg. Tim A). The iPhone can only be bent if you apply a large force, you can see videos of people bending them. The iP is built from aluminium, the PP is steel. The force required to bend the PP, unless there is a critical design flaw, would be significantly higher than the iP. As an engineer, I'm sure I could bend it, but not without a lot of effort. I would also say that the *only* way to bend it would be to support each end and apply massive force to the middle. By this I mean it isn't supported or cushioned in any way (cushion on a seat etc).

So, if the person sat on a solid wood, or metal chair which had a seat and back which the phone could hit (think of a triangle - seat bottom, seat back and phone), then placed all their weight on the middle, it might, just might bend. You would definatley feel it before it bent - so you would have to keep sitting after feeling the phone in an awkward spot.

I guess what I'm saying, is that I'm sure it is possible to bend the PP, however the force required, and the situation would make it highly unlikely, bordering on deliberate. But the number one question is who is stupid enough to put their phone in the BACK pocket? You *are* going to sit on it, and its uncomfortable
    11-27-14 06:00 PM

Those were the good times. I got help with my iPhone 3GS here, believe it or not. I asked all kinds of questions. It was awesome.
    11-27-14 06:00 PM
    Ask BlackBerry to replace it. I'm sure they don't need this out in the media.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 06:13 PM
    Sorry but my BS detector just went off the chart.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 06:17 PM
    So let's get this straight.
    The OP asks for help with a phone that he bent. He doesn't complain, just asks for help.
    People don't believe him and ask for pictures.
    The OP, obviously now worries about his street cred, runs out to the nearest store that sells the passport, which as everyone knows is about 600 miles away because of the conspiracy to make bb go under buy not making phone easily available. He then drops down several hundred dollars in fear of being outed, bends the phone being ever so careful not to damage it in any other way just so he can post the picture and save face.
    Crackberry's group of forensic engineers now see this picture and using highly scientific force telemetry are able to make a determination based on those results and the fact that their brother's wife's hairdresser's dog groomer's second cousin twice removed also sat on the passport and didn't have an issue that indeed, this is a fraudulently bent phone.

That is definitely far more reasonable than "sh-t happens" as described by the OP.
    11-27-14 07:17 PM
    So let's get this straight.
    The OP asks for help with a phone that he bent. He doesn't complain, just asks for help.
    People don't believe him and ask for pictures.
    The OP, obviously now worries about his street cred, runs out to the nearest store that sells the passport, which as everyone knows is about 600 miles away because of the conspiracy to make bb go under buy not making phone easily available. He then drops down several hundred dollars in fear of being outed, bends the phone being ever so careful not to damage it in any other way just so he can post the picture and save face.
    Crackberry's group of forensic engineers now see this picture and using highly scientific force telemetry are able to make a determination based on those results and the fact that their brother's wife's hairdresser's dog groomer's second cousin twice removed also sat on the passport and didn't have an issue that indeed, this is a fraudulently bent phone.

That is definitely far more reasonable than "sh-t happens" as described by the OP.
    Absolutely... very well put!

Posted via CB10
    m1a1mg likes this.
    11-27-14 07:26 PM
    Sorry but my BS detector just went off the chart.

Posted via CB10
    Meaning?

11-27-14 08:27 PM
    Meaning?

He must have fallen in it while walking and posting, not paying attention where he steps

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 08:54 PM
    This only shows that maybe the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+ aren't that fragile after all....

All big phones can bend!
    Iphones a bending in front pockets. There is a huge "@ss" difference! Physics!!!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    11-27-14 09:18 PM
    He must have fallen in it while walking and posting, not paying attention where he steps

Posted via CB10
    Ya ok... So he's making up the story about sitting on it just to discredit BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 10:16 PM
    I think by now most people realize that blackberry could steal your baby and kick your puppy and most people here would blame you for leaving the door unlocked. Trying to discredit blackberry on Crackberry is a pretty futile effort. There are better places to look for sympathy with a blackberry problem than here. It's just simply evident now that most problems with a blackberry are met with immediate cynicism by most leaving it up to the OP to jump through hoops just to be believed.
    11-27-14 10:40 PM
    I think by now most people realize that blackberry could steal your baby and kick your puppy and most people here would blame you for leaving the door unlocked. Trying to discredit blackberry on Crackberry is a pretty futile effort. There are better places to look for sympathy with a blackberry problem than here. It's just simply evident now that most problems with a blackberry are met with immediate cynicism by most leaving it up to the OP to jump through hoops just to be believed.
    I agree wholeheartedly.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 10:51 PM
    That's why the trolls come here. Some people love confrontation. Nevertheless, I'm certainly not claiming that the OP is making this story up...sh*t happens. Nothing is bullet proof. I'm sure he sat down on tje phone and bent it, but I don't blame BlackBerry and they build quality because someone was absent minded enough that they couldn't remember their phone was in their back pocket.

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    11-27-14 10:52 PM
    That's why the trolls come here. Some people love confrontation. Nevertheless, I'm certainly not claiming that the OP is making this sorry up...sh*t happens. Nothing is bullet proof. I'm sure he sat down on the phone and bent it, but I don't blame BlackBerry and they build quality because someone was absent minded enough that they couldn't remember their phone was in their back pocket.

The OP wasn't blaming blackberry or anyone else. He was simply looking for help, but everyone got so defensive accusing him basically of trying to take down the company.
    11-27-14 10:54 PM
    The OP wasn't blaming blackberry or anyone else. He was simply looking for help, but everyone got so defensive accusing him basically of trying to take down the company.
    I read the entire thread and some people offered help and suggestion and some "accused him basically of trying to take down the company". I personally don't lump everyone into one group as "everyone".

11-27-14 10:58 PM
    Or you could try not to take things so literally and address the actual point rather than the semantics of it.
    11-27-14 11:00 PM
    Or you could try not to take things so literally and address the actual point rather than the semantics of it.
    Sure, like putting a device in your back pocket is not exactly the brightest thing to do.

11-27-14 11:05 PM
295 ... 56789 ...