Stick to the topic forumers. My condolences to your device dear OP. Gotta be more careful next time. Accidents are at most unavoidable. Could *try* getting it exchanged under warranty (depends personally on who you're dealing with) or sell off for parts, and get a new phone. An expensive lesson but a lesson well learnt.
    11-26-14 06:10 AM
    pocket - back pocket, not the same thing. when i say pocket i refer to the front ones... iphone6 bends anywhere anytime
    I've had an iPhone 6 since September 19. I sometimes put in my jeans front pocket. In my bag. In my jean jacket pocket. In my coat pocket.

Not a bend.

So the "iPhone 6 bends anywhere anytime" is fantastical hyperbole. As is, evidently, the "Passport won't bend anywhere anytime" statement.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    11-26-14 06:26 AM
    Strange tried to view the photos on post #19 and only see the icon saying there is a pic? There 3 of them? This is viewing from my passport? Why can't I see the pics? If I view this on my android phone I'm sure the photos would show. Anyone know how to fix.

Sorry OP about your accident.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 06:42 AM
    I see the pics on my tablet fine.
    11-26-14 06:48 AM
    Strange tried to view the photos on post #19 and only see the icon saying there is a pic? There 3 of them? This is viewing from my passport? Why can't I see the pics? If I view this on my android phone I'm sure the photos would show. Anyone know how to fix.

Sorry OP about your accident.

Posted via CB10
    It's ok, I see the pics now. Think I have set no uploading of pic unless on wifi. Got home and on wifi and see the unfortunate photos. So sorry to see them...painful.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 06:53 AM
    In the past, nobody had to worry about our pagers, mobile phones, Palm smartphones, or Blackberries bending but we are now in an era where a premium is placed on thinner and lighter devices packed with more capabilities. I don't think that any of our previous experiences with mobile devices, whatever the brand, is going to apply, here.

If, during the design, the device never bends then the design team is going to look for ways to make the next one thinner or wider or both. The iPhone 6 is about 7 mm thick. If placed in jeans pockets where the material doesn't really stretch then you're going to get a lot of stress on that phone you made taller or wider or both.

If a history of making durable phones still meant anything, Motorola would be selling a smartphone that looked like the Star Tac.
    AndyYNWA, southlander and andy957 like this.
    11-26-14 07:16 AM
    Was it in exactly the same position in the pocket of the same jeans when you sat down on exactly the same thing in exactly the same manner with exactly the same force?

Lots of people have sat on their iPhone 6+'s without them bending yet everyone here jumps on the phone. Someone bends a passport and he must be a monster as it hasn't happened to anyone else they know.

this blackberry can do no wrong and anybody else can do no right thing is getting more and more pathetic every day.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm not saying BlackBerry can do no wrong. But if you want to be all scientific about it, I'd be willing to bet that under controlled test conditions, it takes at least three times as much force to bend a Passport as an iPhone.
    -Puck- likes this.
    11-26-14 08:47 AM
    Who cares? He bent his phone and was asking for help to fix it. He didn't blame the phone or the manufacturer. Maybe he's 60lbs soaking wet, maybe he's 500. It plays absolutely no bearing on what he was asking.
    JWWDUKE, andy957 and Smply_Rckless like this.
    11-26-14 03:07 PM
    I'm not saying BlackBerry can do no wrong. But if you want to be all scientific about it, I'd be willing to bet that under controlled test conditions, it takes at least three times as much force to bend a Passport as an iPhone.
    And what, pray tell, is "scientific" about that?
    11-26-14 03:31 PM
    I would put it between 2 pieces of cloth, then two pieces of hard wood and carefully use a vice to bend it back.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 03:37 PM
    pocket - back pocket, not the same thing. when i say pocket i refer to the front ones... iphone6 bends anywhere anytime
    Haha. And I'm sure you did a bunch of controlled experiments to reach that conclusion?

Do you even own an iPhone 6?

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    11-27-14 12:52 AM
    Haha. And I'm sure you did a bunch of controlled experiments to reach that conclusion?

Do you even own an iPhone 6?

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/10...ly-been-fixed/

Apple must have acknowledged the issue if they silently fixed it, don't you think? And yes we do have a work issued iphone6 in the household

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    11-27-14 01:08 AM

Apple must have acknowledged the issue if they silently fixed it, don't you think? And yes we do have a work issued iphone6 in the household

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    Yeah was a small update put out by carriers. I got it. I now use my iPhone 6 to prop up vehicles while working underneath them.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 01:31 AM
    iPhone 6 Bending Problems May Have Quietly Been Fixed

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    It's iPhone 6+ that has had most of the issues, not iPhone 6... Two different phones.
    11-27-14 01:54 AM

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    Can you point to where that article says that the iPhone "bends anywhere anytime"? And also to where the controlled experiments are that they did to reach that conclusion.

AndyYNWA and m1a1mg like this.
    11-27-14 02:24 AM

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    Well how DARE them presumably fix the issue. What IS the world coming to...,

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    11-27-14 04:21 AM
    Well how DARE them presumably fix the issue. What IS the world coming to...,

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    What issue?

Check Out TechCraze
    11-27-14 05:11 AM
    This is a ridiculous thread and I hate to say it but your story that this phone bent in your back pocket doesn't match up. Looking at your pic it's bent sharply as if a device was used to do this. Sorry not buying it. Just not believable.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 06:08 AM
    Great CSI work Horacio
    11-27-14 06:38 AM
    This is a ridiculous thread and I hate to say it but your story that this phone bent in your back pocket doesn't match up. Looking at your pic it's bent sharply as if a device was used to do this. Sorry not buying it. Just not believable.

Posted via CB10
    You were expecting a more gradual buttock shaped bend? Give me a break. A smartphone is not a homogenous mass. It has weaker points that will bend acutely at a certain place.

More importantly, why on earth would anyone choose to believe that someone would intentionally bend their Passport and lie about it rather than think that it could bend accidentally. That's some pretty strong rationalization there. Talk about die hard fanboyism.
    11-27-14 07:46 AM
    Great idea...putting a $700.00 Passport in your pocket and sitting on it. gotta try that with mine, lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 07:57 AM
    You were expecting a more gradual buttock shaped bend? Give me a break. A smartphone is not a homogenous mass. It has weaker points that will bend acutely at a certain place.

More importantly, why on earth would anyone choose to believe that someone would intentionally bend their Passport and lie about it rather than think that it could bend accidentally. That's some pretty strong rationalization there. Talk about die hard fanboyism.
    Oh please don't be so thick....CLEARLY the OP is EVIDENTLY a paid Apple shill who bought the Passport in order to bend it in order to deflect bad publicity away from Apple and since he's a short he's manipulating the stock market right when BBRY was on ascendancy.

Do I NEED to explain EVERY LITTLE THING to you?!?!?!?!?
    11-27-14 08:12 AM
    Oh please don't be so thick....CLEARLY the OP is EVIDENTLY a paid Apple shill who bought the Passport in order to bend it in order to deflect bad publicity away from Apple and since he's a short he's manipulating the stock market right when BBRY was on ascendancy.

Do I NEED to explain EVERY LITTLE THING to you?!?!?!?!?
    This is completely irrelevant but that post gave me the best laugh I've had in months. Whoo.... Haha!

I'm sorry, don't kill me.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    11-27-14 08:41 AM

Spot on!

The fanboys on this thread are making our community look simply ridiculous...

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 09:46 AM
    And what, pray tell, is "scientific" about that?
    If you want to be scientific about it, I'll happily design and execute a test that will measure the force required to bend each device. (Of course, you'll have to pay for the lab time.) That's the scientific part.

The "bet you it takes three times as much force to bend a Passport" part is just an educated guess based on the pliancy of aluminum vs. that of steel (roughly 3x as pliant) Material Hardness Tables, Ted Pella, Inc. , plus the extra leverage provided by the iPhone's long form factor. It's a pretty safe bet.

So what do you say? Do you want to be "all scientific about it?" I could get us some lab time for a thousand bucks or so.

Oh, and I meant to say that I hope the OP has found a solution. That's a mighty tough loss!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    11-27-14 10:17 AM
295 ... 45678 ...