So they do bend as well...
    Apparently so. Just not as easily as the iPhone which has far less structural integrity.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 05:28 PM
    As a last resort if they won't warranty it you could probably take it apart and bend the frame back. Its a single stainless frame that doubles as an antenna around the whole phone, with the actual inner chassis screwed to the outer frame and rest of the components mounted to that. Since the phone still works it looks like nothing inside is damaged.

Still don't know how you managed to bend this thing, it feels like a brick lol.

IP6+ feels like a chinese happy meal toy in comparison.
    jdesignz likes this.
    11-25-14 05:28 PM
    Wow.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    Sorry. Should never center one person out. I'm not a bully.
    I meant.. a great deal of Americans are unnecessarily fat.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 06:49 PM
    the thing is that it does not bend just lies spread by stupid bb fanboys

way too many bb fanboys buy and bend iphones then in their free time
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    11-25-14 07:02 PM
    Ouch.. My heart would cry for you but I broke 3 phones this year and I have no tears left.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    -Puck- likes this.
    11-25-14 07:42 PM
    I'm a 270 pound construction worker, I sit on my Passport all day, every day, not a blemish. FTR, what makes the Passport so strong is not the flimsy stainless steel bezel, that's just for looks, it has a mild steel chassis under the skin that is very beefy, that is what makes it not bend. Stainless steel is not maleable, mild steel is, it bounces back when bent. stainless and aluminium stay bent.
    Fabfreddie, my man, you're talking ****.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 07:55 PM
    I have had my Passport for Three days and sat on it getting into the car. I love the phone but I'm so angry with myself.

It is bent on one side but still working. The keyboard is a bit harder to use because the bottom left is sloping down. And the swiping of predicted words isn't quiet as good because the Keyboard is no level/flat.

I am thinking to put it in a vice with some padding to try and re straighten. Just worried about breaking the screen.
    Any thoughts?

Or I put up with a bent phone.

Or sell it for parts and buy a new one.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I have always thought that carrying an expensive phone in the back pocket was not a particularly good idea. But - what do I know. I see girls doing it all the time. I wonder how many wind up in the toilet?
    AndyYNWA likes this.
    11-25-14 08:30 PM
    I have had my Passport for Three days and sat on it getting into the car. I love the phone but I'm so angry with myself.

It is bent on one side but still working. The keyboard is a bit harder to use because the bottom left is sloping down. And the swiping of predicted words isn't quiet as good because the Keyboard is no level/flat.

I am thinking to put it in a vice with some padding to try and re straighten. Just worried about breaking the screen.
    Any thoughts?

Or I put up with a bent phone.

Or sell it for parts and buy a new one.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I'd see if your homeowners or renters insurance covers any of it. If not, I'd write an impassioned note to someone at Blackberry telling them what happened, how much you love the phone, and ask if they can help you out with a replacement.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 08:42 PM
    Wow, you must be really heavy! I'm two bucks even and have sat on mine several times. Not bent.
    11-25-14 09:02 PM
    Wow, you must be really heavy! I'm two bucks even and have sat on mine several times. Not bent.
    Was it in exactly the same position in the pocket of the same jeans when you sat down on exactly the same thing in exactly the same manner with exactly the same force?

Lots of people have sat on their iPhone 6+'s without them bending yet everyone here jumps on the phone. Someone bends a passport and he must be a monster as it hasn't happened to anyone else they know.

this blackberry can do no wrong and anybody else can do no right thing is getting more and more pathetic every day.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    11-25-14 09:31 PM
    I forgot it was there.
    I bought it from Amazon. But I don't see how I can return it when it isn't a manufacturing fault. Although I haven't even had it a week.

I was thinking to just use it for a while. The prices will drop and then get another and possibly I can claim on insurance.

I will try and call BlackBerry Australia.
    I also wrote to John Chen with the pictures.

I assume his email is jchen at rim. Com

Posted via CB10
    Actually, why don't you contact Donny Halliwell at Inside BlackBerry: dhalliwell at blackberry dot com
    Say you have an item for BlackBerry Fact Check -wrt John Chen's statement that the Passport wont bend . Maybe they would like to examine your Passport for research purposes and perhaps they can offer to repair/exchange it for you.
    11-25-14 09:49 PM
    Bummer!

Pun intended! Sorry for your loss. No way I'm putting it in my back pocket, I know I will forget and sit on it and I'm not surprised really. I know it's a solid phone, but I thought it might bend under certain circumstances.

Thanks for sharing :-(

Rockin a Passport and Z30! Two devices are better than 1!
    11-25-14 10:30 PM
    I forgot it was there.
    I bought it from Amazon. But I don't see how I can return it when it isn't a manufacturing fault. Although I haven't even had it a week.

I was thinking to just use it for a while. The prices will drop and then get another and possibly I can claim on insurance.

I will try and call BlackBerry Australia.
    I also wrote to John Chen with the pictures.

I assume his email is jchen at rim. Com

Posted via CB10
    Damn man! I'm really sorry about what happened and even sorrier that the Australian channels are so ridiculous regarding BlackBerry stock. This is the reason I was pushing people to go native and contract through a provider rather than purchasing through offshore channels. A contract's warranty would cover this for the life of the contract.
    11-25-14 10:34 PM
    Carrying it in your FRONT jeans pocket is a much better way to go. The phone is short enough that you can sit, crouch, etc without pinning the phone. And you won't have to worry about accidentally sitting on it.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 10:52 PM
    Funny how everyone that dumped on the iPhone 6 even though only a minuscule number of them were affected by the bend issue are now bending over backwards to defend the Passport.

Guess what? Any phone can bend if you abuse it.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Last edited by crazigee; 11-26-14 at 12:22 AM.
    AndyYNWA, Berry_Pink, TGR1 and 3 others like this.
    11-25-14 11:17 PM
    Carrying it in your FRONT jeans pocket is a much better way to go. The phone is short enough that you can sit, crouch, etc without pinning the phone. And you won't have to worry about accidentally sitting on it.

Posted via CB10
    Is that a phone in your pocket? Or are you just...

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 11:32 PM
    It felt out of my jacket pocket. I heard a clung and was mortified like I just dropped my own pet. I picked it up and found out that nothing happened. What a big relief and surprise. This thing built like a tank.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    11-25-14 11:46 PM
    Apparently so. Just not as easily as the iPhone which has far less structural integrity.

Posted via CB10
    LOL!

And what do you base this undoubtedly very carefully considered analysis on? I'd love to see your data? You're obviously an engineer, can we see your detailed structural/material analysis?
    11-26-14 02:39 AM
    LOL!

And what do you base this undoubtedly very carefully considered analysis on? I'd love to see your data? You're obviously an engineer, can we see your detailed structural/material analysis?
    He could show you but then Apple would sue him

Check Out TechCraze
    11-26-14 04:28 AM
    I just want to add based on some of the comments how it is impossible to bend sitting in the car.
    My car is a sports car with firm seats.!! and all I can say in all the years I have had a phone I have never done something so stupid.

All I can say is the new BB Passport is a great device and having used all platforms it is good to back to BB.

It is stable and the best is people can hear you when you use the device for what is designed for a Phone.
    11-26-14 04:40 AM
    People in this thread are acting as if one device can't have a defect from a manufacturing line of thousands of devices...like seriously.

Yes, #NotAllPassports bend. But that just might attest to BlackBerry's stellar quality control. It doesn't mean the OP is lying.

The disparaging remarks about the OP's weight are ridiculous. I'm sure the OP has put several other devices in his pocket with no issue. And before people cry about how anyone would put a $600 device in their pocket...please spare me that nonsense. Consumers have only seemed to voice the "absurdity" in putting devices in their pockets since the iPhone 6/6+ and Bendgate.

Posted via CB10
    TGR1 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    11-26-14 05:19 AM
    People in this thread are acting as if one device can't have a defect from a manufacturing line of thousands of devices...like seriously.

Yes, #NotAllPassports bend. But that just might attest to BlackBerry's stellar quality control. It doesn't mean the OP is lying.

The disparaging remarks about the OP's weight are ridiculous. I'm sure the OP has put several other devices in his pocket with no issue. And before people cry about how anyone would put a $600 device in their pocket...please spare me that nonsense. Consumers have only seemed to voice the "absurdity" in putting devices in their pockets since the iPhone 6/6+ and Bendgate.

Posted via CB10
    pocket - back pocket, not the same thing. when i say pocket i refer to the front ones... iphone6 bends anywhere anytime
    11-26-14 05:26 AM
    pocket - back pocket, not the same thing. when i say pocket i refer to the front ones... iphone6 bends anywhere anytime
    As an owner of an iPhone 6 and pockets, I'll just say no.

Again, issues in quality control with batches of devices doesn't mean all devices have a problem.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 05:29 AM
    Stellar quality control? I'm not sure BlackBerry is known for that anywhere other than here. It might attest to stellar message control on the Crackberry Forum - users describe and post pictures of their own Passports bending and it turns out that the iPhone 6 is the culprit!
    Last edited by early2bed; 11-26-14 at 07:02 AM.
    TGR1 likes this.
    11-26-14 05:52 AM
    Stellar quality control? I'm not sure BlackBerry is known for that anywhere other than here. It might a test to stellar message control - people describe and post pictures of their own Passports bending and it turns out that the iPhone 6 is the culprit
    Blackberries have generally been built like tanks when it corns to hardware. That's what I was referencing here.

I've run over a BlackBerry devices and watched another skip down a flight of cement stairs. Keeps on going. Several other users attest to that both here and elsewhere.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 05:55 AM
295 ... 34567 ...