Sorry for the accident. I would recommend either you or a paid professional take it apart, straighten out the frame and reassemble it with new glue/tape for the screen. Best of luck to you.
    deltact likes this.
    11-24-14 08:59 PM
    Nothing lost in attempting to bend it back but be aware that it'll never function the same or look the same as it did when coming out of the box

Posted via my Classic Passport
    11-24-14 09:23 PM
    passport in back pocket while riding a horse lol. that just cant be comfortable... also, 4 passports, damn, nice.
    I forget it's there until I sit in the saddle ( English) and depending on the jeans pocket height whether or not it bothers me. But yeah, it's more comfortable without.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 10:58 PM
    If you used mastercard or visa to buy it many times they have a double warranty period feature or accidental breakage coverage... call them up & ask...
    Lol you seem more affected than he is. Another doubting Thomas?
    Now that he posted the pics, will you stop your whining? The guy was simply asking for advice.

@pbloom: Sorry to see that. Hopefully that type of damage is covered by the warranty. But if not, at least it'll give you an excuse to buy the white or red Passport.

Posted from an ME173X
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    11-25-14 12:08 AM
    So you're angry on yourself as mentioned in your first post because you sat on it (I don't know what car seats you have but seemed te me metal seats or so) and then you send the ceo an email about this?

What did you send him? What did you say or ask him?

Sorry for my questions and yes I did see your photo but I think it's a strange story.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 01:12 AM
    So they do bend as well.... Looks like not any better than iPhone 6.
    AndyYNWA likes this.
    11-25-14 02:49 AM
    Turn it around and sit on it again...
    I have had my Passport for Three days and sat on it getting into the car. I love the phone but I'm so angry with myself.

It is bent on one side but still working. The keyboard is a bit harder to use because the bottom left is sloping down. And the swiping of predicted words isn't quiet as good because the Keyboard is no level/flat.

I am thinking to put it in a vice with some padding to try and re straighten. Just worried about breaking the screen.
    Any thoughts?

Or I put up with a bent phone.

Or sell it for parts and buy a new one.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 03:07 AM
    why would you put your phone in your back pocket? why would you put anything there? WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU SIT ON IT? ISNT IT SUPER UNCOMFORTABLE...? what the hell is wrong with you people lol.
    I would carefully toss it in my tool box, but no doubt I would never have it by my a.. and sit down. Seriously, I don't see the logic behind put it by your a.. lift your foot and slide your a..into the car. Blackberry should void this kind o warranty or more of the nonsense will happen.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 03:47 AM
    Turn it around and sit on it again...
    Genius! Hahaha

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 03:53 AM
    This only shows that maybe the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+ aren't that fragile after all....

All big phones can bend!
    Bsbudd likes this.
    11-25-14 04:11 AM
    So you're angry on yourself as mentioned in your first post because you sat on it (I don't know what car seats you have but seemed te me metal seats or so) and then you send the ceo an email about this?

What did you send him? What did you say or ask him?

Sorry for my questions and yes I did see your photo but I think it's a strange story.

Posted via CB10
    You might have not read through the whole thread.
    Folks suggested that he send pictures to John Chen because he challenged people to bend the Passport, stating that it would not bend.
    Well, clearly by the pics posted and the two other posters in the thread with similar accounts, it can in fact bend.
    11-25-14 04:40 AM
    This only shows that maybe the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+ aren't that fragile after all....

All big phones can bend!
    The difference is that shoving the phone up your *** is not real use nor you can bend it with your hands, while the iphone6 can bend in your pockets and can be bent easily by hand

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    11-25-14 04:49 AM
    I know OP you said it's not likely to be covered, but sometimes if you don't ask you don't get, I would at least ask, or just send pictures of what's happened and see what they can do before dismissing that option..

Check Out TechCraze
    jojo beaconsfield and andy957 like this.
    11-25-14 05:01 AM
    I know OP you said it's not likely to be covered, but sometimes if you don't ask you don't get, I would at least ask, or just send pictures of what's happened and see what they can do before dismissing that option..

Check Out TechCraze
    Ask, and you shall be given...

Hope it works out, ahem... you can work out the kinks... :-)

? ? ? Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    11-25-14 05:28 AM
    I would carefully toss it in my tool box, but no doubt I would never have it by my a.. and sit down. Seriously, I don't see the logic behind put it by your a.. lift your foot and slide your a..into the car. Blackberry should void this kind o warranty or more of the nonsense will happen.

Posted via CB10
    Are you being thick on purpose? No one wakes up in the morning and says "I think I'll put my phone near my a** and flop down on a steel bench". Thanks for the attempt at a rational / scientific explanation, but this has nothing to do with a posture tutorial on how to enter or exit a car. Simply put, new phone (everyone this has happened too had the phone less than 3 weeks), convenient while standing (fits in back pocket easily without need to wiggle it out), and being distracted before sitting down.
    I hope this makes things clear.

From the days of yore, when 'Black'Berrys were Blue.
    11-25-14 06:21 AM
    The difference is that shoving the phone up your *** is not real use nor you can bend it with your hands, while the iphone6 can bend in your pockets and can be bent easily by hand

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    I wouldn't consider keeping the phone in the back pocket abnormal use. Nothing I recommend myself, but it's quite common that people keep the phone in their back pocket.
    Other brands than iPhone bend easily, however, since they aren't Apple products they don't get the same mocking.

Anything can bend, it's just a matter of how big load you apply.
    TGR1, solitude1984 and Bsbudd like this.
    11-25-14 06:32 AM
    Passport gate!
    11-25-14 06:52 AM
    I was doing some yard work yesterday and was waiting for an important call,I put the passport in my front pocket and it felt uncomfortable,I thought it might be better to put it in my back pocket,no way Jose!!
    11-25-14 06:53 AM
    No it shows that the user is obese.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 07:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    And in denial lol.

Seriously I personally cannot imagine that I put a smartphone or whatever phone in my backpocket and for forsake a BlackBerry Passport?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 07:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    Wow.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    11-25-14 07:52 AM
    You might have not read through the whole thread.
    Folks suggested that he send pictures to John Chen because he challenged people to bend the Passport, stating that it would not bend.
    Well, clearly by the pics posted and the two other posters in the thread with similar accounts, it can in fact bend.
    Excuse me but I am not a patient reader and certainly not when my BS detector is activated.

No offense but I am just doubtful about the scenario about the mentioned overweight and the hard car seat.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 07:53 AM
    I'd be interested to see a pic of the bottom of the device.
    11-25-14 08:21 AM
    Stainless frame or not, I would never purposly sit with my phone in my back pocket as some seem to do. There's the keyboard and screen to think about too. This is a small, expensive piece of electronics. Makes no sense to sit on it (purposly, not accidentally like the OP). Just my not-so-humble opinion.
    ponpiri likes this.
    11-25-14 08:27 AM
    If it can be fixed under warranty, great. If not, it looks like you could probably put it in a vice CAREFULLY, and rebend it back.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 08:36 AM
295 12345 ...