USA: $599 (about 469 €)
    and here we go again...

French : €649
    Germany : €649
    England : 529 (about 676 €)

650 + in europe hmmmm
    Same mistakes again....
    I have seen this dream again ....and unfortunately i know the end of it
    I live in europe and when the price was announced 599$ = 469euro i would kill to buy it ....
    Now we went to 650+ , im thinking of not buying it any more .....this is not only my thought but many friends are dissapointed about the new price....
    John Chen you said 599$ not 670 euros ......this changes a lot of things
    Last edited by Naeg1995; 09-25-14 at 02:31 AM.
    vptsff and W1ck3D86 like this.
    09-25-14 01:42 AM
    In the USA, price does not include VAT.. add your VAT price to 599$ and then recalculate maybe it will make more sense... not sure if Europe prices include VAT

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 01:45 AM
    Get it unlocked from shop blackberry! Use a vpn when buying!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 01:48 AM
    In the USA, price does not include VAT.. add your VAT price to 599$ and then recalculate maybe it will make more sense... not sure if Europe prices include VAT

Posted via CB10
    Even worse .....
    Yes Europe prices include Vat , but in some small countries the price will rise above 700 euros
    Thanks Blackberry for killing yourself....
    Last edited by Naeg1995; 09-25-14 at 02:33 AM.
    09-25-14 01:49 AM
    The price in EU is included VAT
    But so far, it is too high if you compare 599 US$ and 649 EUR (830 US$)
    I am thinking of not buying it any more.
    One day, the price will be dropped, it is Blackberry.
    09-25-14 01:53 AM
    By the way.. if I include VAT, in Canada I pay : 803.68$ CAD

Same BlackBerry pricing mistakes again...-img_20140925_025305.png

Attachment 300229

Posted via CB10
    engrbugs likes this.
    09-25-14 01:53 AM
    It's a flagship phone. It's not going to be cheap. Stick to the Q5 if that's more in your budget.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 01:55 AM
    I "+1" to that. Was looking to order 1 in Romania, but almost ?700? Heck, that's so freaking expensive. Sell my Z10 for ?150 tops, I would have added 300 for the Passport, but extra 550 is just to much to worth the upgrade. Early adopter or not!

Posted via CB10 from my exquisite Z10 on Cosmote Romania
    09-25-14 01:55 AM
    It's a flagship phone. It's not going to be cheap. Stick to the Q5 if that's more in your budget.

Posted via CB10
    you are not getting the point my friend ...
    Elite1 likes this.
    09-25-14 02:00 AM
    The price of a iPhone 6 here in belgium is about 700 euro and they sell a lot. Its al about marketing and not about price i think. When they launch the iPhone 6 the day after 2 pages in the newspaper. Now after the launch of the passport 1 article of 15 phrases and a small photo. With the explanation that blackberry launch the passport because the full tutchscreen failed. They did not even now of the existense of the q10

Posted with my Z10
    Gykesdollars likes this.
    09-25-14 02:04 AM
    I just take a look at the coolblue webshop and the price is 599 euro. Dilivery date unknow.

Posted with my Z10
    09-25-14 02:11 AM
    Everything is more expensive in Europe.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 02:13 AM
    The price of a iPhone 6 here in belgium is about 700 euro and they sell a lot. Its al about marketing and not about price i think. When they launch the iPhone 6 the day after 2 pages in the newspaper. Now after the launch of the passport 1 article of 15 phrases and a small photo. With the explanation that blackberry launch the passport because the full tutchscreen failed. They did not even now of the existense of the q10

Posted with my Z10
    exactly you got the point ....
    The blackberry devices are awesome and the passport is the innovation of the year ....but , we have a but ....Blackberry isnt the company it was in older days ...
    Yes no one talks about how great this company is and media hates blackberry , this is a fact
    Thousands of forums out there -companies - and so more are living from apple ...
    This cant change unfortunately
    If apple made a sh@@t with a touch id on it the world we go WOW , innovation , its a fact , believe it or not
    Blackberry had only one last chance .....the price ....to make a good price out there and hit the market ...immediately
    Now the price is the same with the greatest - most beautiful - most fabulous -most tremendous- most innovational - most desired - most most most device out there iphone6666666
    I hope you all understand what i mean here
    09-25-14 02:18 AM
    I also live in Europe and for me the price is not that high and if I have to defend the devil, again, the Passport is aiming business market... For a personal or freelance activity, the price will clearly be a strong disadvantage.

During the presentation, all the details were focusing on business targets. So, no surprise about the price.

If you think about combining your Passport + Blend, it's a powerful business tool.

To reply to this thread, it's not a mistake, it's a business strategy, and we will see in few months if it fails or not.

Since then, just try to support a company that fights to come back in an agressiv market.
    09-25-14 02:18 AM
    I agree. The phone should be around 400 euros. And having this unconventional design as a flagship sounds like a big mistake.
    09-25-14 02:24 AM
    It's 599 ? here including VAT of 21 %. So if you count $599 + VAT + 1 more year of warranty, it matches. Complain to our governments for that difference... VAT + forced 2 years warranty...

Posted via CB10
    dalight13 likes this.
    09-25-14 02:25 AM
    Encoding issues, ? means euro sign.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 02:26 AM
    The prices are the following
    Canada: $699 (about 495 €)
    USA: $599 (about 469 €)
    and here we go again...

French : €649
    Germany : €649
    England : 529 (about 676 €)

650 + in europe hmmmm
    Same mistakes again....
    I have seen this dream again ....and unfortunately i know the end of it
    I live in europe and when the price was announced 599$ = 469euro i would kill to buy it ....
    Now we went to 650+ , im thinking of not buying it any more .....this is not only my thought but many friend are dissapointed about the new price....
    John Chen you said 599$ not 670 euros ......this changes a lot of things
    You, I and everyone else can thank the stupid PRO Eu/Euro people and politicians for that crap. Ever since the damn Euro was released, almost all $ prices got the 1:1 relation which is just a shame. What Germany, Austria and Sweden should do is follow the Scottish guideline and seperate again from that crap.

Having said that I think € 649 is a very good price for a premium device. In other terms the BBP would be 999 DM (6.999 ATS) instead of now 1.300 DM (9.100 ATS) it's the same with every damn fcomputer device here "thanks" to the Euro
    09-25-14 02:34 AM
    You, I and everyone else can thank the stupid PRO Eu/Euro people and politicians for that crap. Ever since the damn Euro was released, almost all $ prices got the 1:1 relation which is just a shame.(
    The 1:1 relation between Euro and USD prices is somewhat explained by the VAT which is included in the EU price (and not in the USD one) and that in Europe we have better terms for guarantee than in the US. The problem is that the price is not even 1:1 ($599 vs € 649)

I see Dutch webshops are using a price of €595 though, so that's in the 'norm' range. The suggested retail price by Blackberry however isn't.
    09-25-14 02:45 AM
    Yes, lets just blame BlackBerry for the big taxes...
    09-25-14 02:46 AM
    I think 649 ? including VAT is an extremely fair price for such a device. The basic iPhone 6 variant sells at 709 ? in comparison.
    Of course it is expensive : the Passport is not a cheap phone for the masses.
    It is for those who do not care about price or those who care about productivity. If you need to be productive you will quickly get a payback.
    If not, it's up to you to indulge in such an expense.

Posted via CB10 from Z30
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    09-25-14 02:50 AM
    I think 649 ? including VAT is an extremely fair price for such a device. The basic iPhone 6 variant sells at 709 ? in comparison.
    Of course it is expensive : the Passport is not a cheap phone for the masses.
    It is for those who do not care about price or those who care about productivity. If you need to be productive you will quickly get a payback.
    If not, it's up to you to indulge in such an expense.

Posted via CB10 from Z30
    Absolutely true it's priced very fair (especially compared to the Bendphones) the reason why some europeans are annoyed is just the relation between $:€ not Blackberry's fault mind you other manufacturers are having the exact same problem (it's the fault of the Euro and the killing of our national currencies such as Deutsche Mark, sterreichischer Schilling and Lire in Italy..).
    09-25-14 02:56 AM
    clearly that depends on where you live

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 04:27 AM
    this ones been done to death in other threads. It costs more in Europe, particularly the UK. Whos's fault is it? Who cares. Faced with a higher price, people will hardly take a punt on the underdog's unproven experimental design.

People seem to think that the passport is different, and that it will rewrite the markets expectations. It won't, and cost should have been an incentive, from what John Chen told us, not a barrier. BlackBerry can set whatever price they want for whatever market, don't forget that. They didn't. Don't compare it to what other manufacturers are doing, BlackBerry are fighting to survive so it doesn't apply.

Anyway, we will have to pick over the bones of this one in about 6 months time. The market will decide if this is a success or a failure. If anyone has a generous dose of 'I told you so' for me around then, I couldn't be happier, for the record.
    Absolutely true it's priced very fair (especially compared to the Bendphones) the reason why some europeans are annoyed is just the relation between $:€ not Blackberry's fault mind you other manufacturers are having the exact same problem (it's the fault of the Euro and the killing of our national currencies such as Deutsche Mark, sterreichischer Schilling and Lire in Italy..).
    Naeg1995 and vptsff like this.
    09-25-14 04:34 AM
    BlackBerry can set whatever price they want for whatever market, don't forget that. They didn't. Don't compare it to what other manufacturers are doing, BlackBerry are fighting to survive so it doesn't apply.
    I absolutely agree with you
    BlackBerry is fighting to survive, its not apple , its not samsung etc ....
    Blackberry had the advantage to kill them all with one strike ..... the low price ....
    Blackberry did the same mistake with the overpriced Z10 and Q10 ...
    I really hope it isnt to late ....
    vptsff likes this.
    09-25-14 05:07 AM
43 12