So I have gotten a few people who have messaged me asking me what my opinion is on the new Silver edition, I thought I'd do a brief post.

I think it looks great, I like the look of it, however, I am not sure why they opted to have square edges at the top again, I thought Blackberry learned this simply does not work with phones when they re-released the Passport in the AT&T variant with the rounded edges. The silver passport has slight rounded edges at the bottom, but the top are squared.

The back of the phone is definitely an upgrade, anyone who has used a Classic will know the feeling of the rubberized diamond back, it's premium, and no-slip grip, and best of all, it doesn't attract finger prints which the original black passport does.

Overall I think it's a nice variant of the passport, but thats all it really is, a passport in a new colour with some cosmetic changes. However, do know that when I was using the passport I was getting insane amounts of usage on the battery, it really is a monster in the specs + battery department. The classic, on the other hand, is a nice phone, but the specs are absolute garbage and I'm at the point of where I want to break mine. I can't say I like the fact that it's come to this point for blackberry, meaning, a "big change" for them is to change a colour on a phone, but hey, that's what the phone industry is, Apple has been doing it for 10+ years, releasing the same phone with small cosmetic changes.

Overall, sackharry likes the Silver edition passport.
    acovey likes this.
    08-09-15 11:08 PM
    Thanks for taking the time with your comments

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    08-09-15 11:13 PM
    I was testing out the keyboard of the Silver Passport today from my friend and one thing I noticed that the keys are a lot easier to type on because they are not as hard to press as the original Passport keys. I definitely enjoy the softer typing experience. Had I not gotten the original Passport, I would definitely buy the Silver edition.

To BB or not to BBBBBB...?
    08-09-15 11:38 PM
    How's the ff cam

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-10-15 12:18 AM
    Thanks for the comment, got me excited for mine to come in this week

Noticed any big change in overall connection?
    08-10-15 12:23 AM