So I was downtown and seen someone on the train with a Passport turns out he works for BlackBerry and I got to try it, wow.... this phone is going to completely crush and obliterate the iphone or android.. once you use this phone its like an iphone+android+bb all in one... the screen, just crazy.. it's just too beautiful and the real estate you get is insane..it's almost like this thing shouldn't exist cus it's too perfect, but the screen is where it's gonna shine you have HUGE space on this thing!

Also the copy/paste gestures and text selection are flipping amazing... using the keyboard is unreal as its soooo big and roomy and the screen is just incredible.

Can't. Wait.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by SackHarry; 08-23-14 at 06:04 PM.
    08-23-14 11:30 AM
    I also enjoyed using it just as much as you it's a great device
    08-23-14 11:34 AM
    Wow great to hear, i can't wait for it.
    08-23-14 11:35 AM
    So I was downtown and seen someone on the train with a Passport turns out he works for BlackBerry and I got to try it, wow, wow, wow.... this phone is going to completely crush and obliterate the iphone or android.. once you use this phone its like an iphone+android+bb all in one... the screen, just WOW... it's just too beautiful and the real estate you get is insane..it's almost like this thing shouldn't exist cus it's too perfect, but the screen is where it's gonna shine you have HUGE space on this thing!!!!!

Also the copy/paste gestures and text selection are flipping amazing... using the keyboard is unreal as its soooo big and roomy and the screen is just incredible.

Can't. Wait.

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure you are not at least a bit biased? That is a lot of wows after all.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-23-14 12:14 PM
    Are you sure you are not at least a bit biased? That is a lot of wows after all.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    He's not being biased, the phone is really that amazing
    Bobert_123 and wincyUt like this.
    08-23-14 12:18 PM
    It's crackBERRY forum after all.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 02:02 PM
    I played with one last night as well. I was stunned!

I will admit the keyboard will be a learning curve.

Posted via CB10
    cman5 likes this.
    08-23-14 02:07 PM
    SackHarry has been critical of BB devices/design in the past, so I would not automatically conclude that SackHarry is biased.

Now go shave.
    08-23-14 02:09 PM
    Where are you guys that you're getting to fondle Passports??? I'm sitting here in northern New Jersey and I'm green with envy!!
    lylesilverman likes this.
    08-23-14 02:11 PM
    Tomorrow I'm just going to make a thread saying I got to touch the Passport too, since that what everyone else is doing.
    08-23-14 02:37 PM
    I doubt very much that he is lying , he's been a member here for a long time,
    08-23-14 03:03 PM
    Saw one quickly as well as a Telus business rep had one for testing, damn it is amazing!!!

SackHarry is right, I think it will be a game changer for Blackberry aswell, awesome phone.

just hope they would have made the back cover leather/faux leather like the original bold 9000, it would look so classy
    austriker likes this.
    08-23-14 04:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    How does the touch keyboard work with text selection and cut/copy/paste/highlight? Could you please elaborate?
    08-23-14 04:23 PM
    Tomorrow I'm just going to make a thread saying I got to touch the Passport too, since that what everyone else is doing.
    I never thought I would ever see a Passport until it was released. I was at an event and one of the people I know had one. I held it in my hands for a good 10 minutes.

I didn't want to snoop so I mainly tried the browser , swiping and simple typing. This phone is GORGEOUS and HUGE!

Posted via CB10
    anon721037 likes this.
    08-23-14 04:40 PM
    I never thought I would ever see a Passport until it was released. I was at an event and one of the people I know had one. I held it in my hands for a good 10 minutes.

I didn't want to snoop so I mainly tried the browser , swiping and simple typing. This phone is GORGEOUS and HUGE!

Posted via CB10
    I forgot to add, the person I know loves it. He confirmed the call quality is fantastic, the ease of communication is great and the battery life is also great.

I really wanted to take a picture of it but I didn't want to push my luck.

All I can really say is the keyboard will take getting used to. It's not a bad thing but that's the impression I left with.

Posted via CB10
    cman5 likes this.
    08-23-14 05:04 PM
    "...can really say is the keyboard will take getting used to. It's not a bad thing but that's the impression I left with.. . . ."

Definitely not a bad thing, just different

People tend to take getting used to their new vehicles !!
    Give a person the remote for say their new TV and what do you get ?!

nite.
    wincyUt likes this.
    08-23-14 05:34 PM
    Actually there was an actual developer on the train who said he worked for BlackBerry. You can believe me or not if you want I couldn't care less, the point is I was skeptical about the passport, it's form, etc. Before and now that I tried it I love it. I got to try it, that's all I care about...

It was one of the passports with the serial #'s on the bottom.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt and cman5 like this.
    08-23-14 05:58 PM
    How does the touch keyboard work with text selection and cut/copy/paste/highlight? Could you please elaborate?
    He was doing a tutorial on all the keypad gestures but when he was speaking lol, everything was coming in one ear going out the other cus I was just in awe of the phone.

But how it works if I recall correctly you tap the keyboard twice and hold the second tap then magnifine glass comes up and you are able to scroll up down anywhere by gliding across the keyboard.

To get the special characters you just swipe up I think, and when your in a website you can scroll using a gesture with the keypad as well..

One thing I will mention I don't like about the passport is the back of the phone, it looks very cheap.. they should have chosen another design.
    Posted via CB10
    thanasi, cman5 and allengeorge like this.
    08-23-14 06:03 PM
    It's kinda interesting how lenient they have been with BlackBerry employees carrying around and showing off the Passport... and for a long time now.

Hopefully they don't forget to actually release the thing to the public.

Posted via CB10
    pttptppt and jimpilot like this.
    08-23-14 06:08 PM
    It's a good way to get some buzz going. Sure is better than "accidentally" leaving one in a bar someplace.
    cman5 and edyts like this.
    08-23-14 08:48 PM
    The buzz is only in cb and it won't help BlackBerry

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    DrePizzle likes this.
    08-23-14 09:50 PM
    It's crackBERRY forum after all.

Posted via CB10
    CRACKberry lol

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 11:28 PM
    Completely agree with Sack. I got a hands on with a white one a few weeks back. I was soooooo tempted to take some pics but didn't want to get my a** kicked. The guy didn't even want me to mention it was white.
    08-24-14 09:31 AM
    I just saw one last Wednesday while eating pizza. Seems to be a blackberry employee as well. I think they give it to some BlackBerry employees to test.

Sackharry got to try a Passport today!!!-img_20140820_130750_edit.jpg

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3253
    08-24-14 09:37 AM
    Omg the white!!!!!!! I am getting a hard on not even seeing a girl naked!

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 09:39 AM
52 123