1. fridaybeatsmondayanygivensunday's Avatar
    Hi, I ordered online for a ryan london leather case / pouch, but has not yet arrived. I would like get the feedbacks from those who bought, specifically:

1) how is the leather, is it premium, is it aging well?
    2) how's the fit? Snug or has the stitching lossen up?
    3) water proof even in the sides?
    4) can it fit with the hard case shell on?
    5) pros and cons?

Thanks! Please post pictures if you have, I think it's one of the better looking cases for the passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 12:57 AM
    Good questions... I just ordered the same pouch. The leather looks high quality.
    11-26-14 07:28 AM
    Hi, Can you post a photo of the item you are speaking about?
    11-26-14 09:03 AM
    Hi, Can you post a photo of the item you are speaking about?
    Blackberry Passport Leather and Wool felt Case with card holder | RYAN London

Go back one page and there is a flip case too.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    11-26-14 09:12 AM
    Thanks.
    Looks good. A bit pricey.
    andy957 likes this.
    11-26-14 10:25 PM
    Nice

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    11-27-14 12:21 AM
    I like the black. Seems a bit pricey. That would be close to $100 CAD.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    11-27-14 12:30 AM
  8. fridaybeatsmondayanygivensunday's Avatar
    Ordered the brown one. It is a little pricey, but I'm planning to keep the phone for a long time..and if we can buy a passport, I think we can spend a little more for the case than put on a $5 case on a $700 phone..

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    11-27-14 04:26 AM
    From what I gather reviews are a tad mixed. Hopefully you don't run into any problems. Still holding out for an OEM pouch.
    11-27-14 05:36 AM
    Still holding out for an OEM pouch
    Not sure why you are so set on an OEM Pouch.

From past experience, the 3rd party products are usually far better quality.
    11-27-14 05:37 AM
    Not sure why you are so set on an OEM Pouch.

From past experience, the 3rd party products are usually far better quality.
    More so to do with price differences. The Ryan London case does look nice, but can't justify �50 on a case.

Right now I have the OEM clip case with Spigen Clip and it's doing a fantastic job. Just miss using the phone nude. I've been happy with all OEM cases / pouches I've used over the last 5 years with BlackBerry.
    11-27-14 05:42 AM
    There are two clip models that Spigen sells, one is for the Samsung and the other for HTC, different pricing too. Which model works better?

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 05:19 PM
  13. fridaybeatsmondayanygivensunday's Avatar
    Ryan London Case / Pouch-img_1333.jpgRyan London Case / Pouch-img_1334.jpgRyan London Case / Pouch-img_1335.jpgRyan London Case / Pouch-img_1336.jpgRyan London Case / Pouch-img_1337.jpgRyan London Case / Pouch-img_1338.jpgRyan London Case / Pouch-img_1339.jpgRyan London Case / Pouch-img_1340.jpgRyan London Case / Pouch-img_1341.jpgRyan London Case / Pouch-img_1342.jpgRyan London Case / Pouch-img_1343.jpgRyan London Case / Pouch-img_1344.jpg

Ok, the Ryan London pouch I ordered has just arrived and here are my initial impressions:

1) Leather is real and of good quality. Looks like it will age well, but it I'd like to note that the leather feels just above average..nothing like classy or premium leather feel and look.

2) The phone in the pouch feels snug and secure. stitching is also good and tight but I'll give an update after further use..

3) It is leather so water proofing is expected, but, since the sides are made of felt, I am not sure if it repel liquid...

4) Phone is snug fit in the case, but phone with hard case on will not fit. (which is ok with me since the hard case was causing scuffings on the edges pf the passport).

Pros
    - decent leather quality.
    - pouch designs will protect your phone form scratches, dust, liquid, and bumps.
    - led notification is visible

Cons
    - leather feel and look is below the value I was expecting: The passport screams sexy and classy while the case is just..above average.
    - pouch opening leaves the phones upper front exposed.
    - card holder slit on the back is not aligned.

I would rate this case - considering the price, build quality and material - at 3.5 /5.
    You may want to also look at stilgut and vaja cases...

Talked to Ryan and gave me advice to apply cream on leather. The material's look and feel has vastly improved after. For this, I am revising my rating to 3.9. - the product is made of quality materials, premium feel, and comfort; but I cannot give it a perfect score of 5 because there's still room for polishing the little details to give it a more premium look commensurate to its pricing. Also, the card holder on the back is not aligned and I may have to take it to a seamstress to alter/adjust the slit opening.
    Last edited by fridaybeatsmondayanygivensunday; 12-08-14 at 05:18 PM.
    heartsthat likes this.
    12-04-14 11:04 AM
    Hi, I buy Black leather case from ryan. almost 60,00 Brit pund. **** **** ****. Expensive ****. Fat leather, stupid like. This is very big and when phone put in look like Black fat cat. Water proof. Ha Ha. -100
    12-07-14 01:23 PM
    Good review. I was considering this case but went with the vaja instead. Hope it's worth what I paid for it. can't wait to get it in a few weeks!

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 01:35 PM