09-26-14 04:36 AM
29 12
tools
    Not sure about you guys.... but when it comes to big presentations.... number one rule...

NEVER EVER MENTION another competitor during your presentation.

When he compared it to the iPhone 6.... omg it was just cringeworthy

Serious... it's common sense, you don't say stuff like 'it wont bend or compare the software'

What are your thoughts??
    09-25-14 11:27 PM
    I think the "will not bend" part was a little over the top, but the screen comparisons, etc., were helpful. Everyone knows the size and capabilities of an iphone, but have no inherent basis for comparison for the BlackBerry devices.

Posted via CB10
    austriker likes this.
    09-25-14 11:31 PM
    I think BlackBerry had nothing to lose by comparing.
    If they didn't people would say BlackBerry is weak or something.
    People who want to complain always will. Can't keep everyone happy.
    But i was actually suprised when they did. Thought to my self good one!

Posted via CB10
    moyah8 likes this.
    09-25-14 11:33 PM
    They had to compare to something for ppl to get some idea of differences if they were to convert customers back to bb

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 11:34 PM
    You should only be afraid of the competition if your product is not worthy of competing. Remember that.
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-25-14 11:35 PM
    Exactly BlackBerry thought it was worth competing. Customers need side by sides etc to see what the passport has to offer.

Posted via CB10
    austriker likes this.
    09-25-14 11:37 PM
    I think BlackBerry had nothing to lose by comparing.
    If they didn't people would say BlackBerry is weak or something.
    People who want to complain always will. Can't keep everyone happy.
    But i was actually suprised when they did. Thought to my self good one!

Posted via CB10
    Yes it is a loss because they indirectly acknowledge that the Iphone is the standard and every phone has to be compared against.
    09-25-14 11:48 PM
    You should only be afraid of the competition if your product is not worthy of competing. Remember that.
    Early benchmark tests show that the Passport cannot even match the 5s performance let alone the 6, except for battery life
    09-25-14 11:51 PM
    Yes it is a loss because they indirectly acknowledge that the Iphone is the standard and every phone has to be compared against.
    What's wrong with that? The iPhone is absolutely the standard against which every phone is compared these days. Better to be upfront about it than to beat around the bush trying to make a point, right?
    09-26-14 12:00 AM
    Early benchmark tests show that the Passport cannot even match the 5s performance let alone the 6, except for battery life
    Would you please post a link to these "benchmark tests"
    Carjackd, donmateo and JG_Agustin like this.
    09-26-14 12:06 AM
    I'm calling shenanigans on this post!

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss BlackBerry Passport!!!
    09-26-14 12:09 AM
    I thought the bend comment was a joke - to be taken light heartedly.

The actual comparisons were basically only re: screen size and that was highly relevant since the passport's key feature is the screen dimensions.

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    09-26-14 12:12 AM
    Where do you people get these "rules" from? There is no such rule. Microsoft's entire ad campaign spits in the face of this "rule".
    09-26-14 12:15 AM
    The Apple fan here has clearly lost his or her mind......

Posted with my soon to be Passport
    The Big Picture likes this.
    09-26-14 12:18 AM
    You mean the early bend tests?
    09-26-14 12:26 AM
    This guy's an iPhone fanboy, I've seen other similar posts of his. I've got nothing against people who like iPhones, but find ridiculous for some to come to a BlackBerry fan site and downtalk BB...

Loved the Q10 but now it's Z30 power time!!!
    09-26-14 12:31 AM
    I don't see why not. They showed the a very comparison and I for one was impressed. The bend joke was a good one as well.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 12:32 AM
    Not sure about you guys.... but when it comes to big presentations.... number one rule...

NEVER EVER MENTION another competitor during your presentation.

When he compared it to the iPhone 6.... omg it was just cringeworthy

Serious... it's common sense, you don't say stuff like 'it wont bend or compare the software'

What are your thoughts??
    Steve Jobs did it in the first iPhone release. He showed the Treo, Blackberry, Motorola, etc. And how about when he showed the difference between a Dell laptop and the redesigned plastic macbook? You can find the videos on youtube.

I think the presentation was fine, especially with the phone comparisons. It was helpful to show the real difference between the Passport and other phones. At the end of the day, two things matter: 1. good product, and 2. consumers buy the product. In the case of Blackberry, the Passport is a good product, and as little as its consumer base compared to iphone and android, they buy Blackberry products. If mentioning competitors and showing direct comparisons of the competitor products are helpful to inform the consumers, then do it.
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    09-26-14 12:45 AM
    If you haven't noticed by now almost all companies are bashing other companies through commercials etcetc
    09-26-14 01:14 AM
    ^ Yep. Take the, "Wall Huggers Commercial" with the IPhones and S5.
    09-26-14 01:49 AM
    who made up this rule??

Since we are on the topic of Blackberry & Iphone 6

SAR (W/kg) for 1 g
    Blackberry Passport SAR RATING : 0.58
    (FCC/IC)
    VS
    IPhone SAR Simultaneous Transmission (Head) = 1.51
    09-26-14 02:19 AM
    I would use the phone figure, without any obvious physical feature of an I-phone or Android phone, for comparision. It's the sreen size to be compared, not the phones nor the brands. The other brands do not have place in my show.

Just add: I do not recall if the other phones were compared when they were in horizontal position. They were all on vertical position.
    09-26-14 02:20 AM
    Do you have a problem admitting that the iPhone for now is the standard?

A long time ago, Blackberry was the standard for smartphones.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 02:26 AM
    There were other things he said that were not cool. Like, the cost of the hall, being paid to say PassPort is great and i dont know why that price.

But 'bended' was fine.
    09-26-14 02:37 AM
    Do you have a problem admitting that the iPhone for now is the standard?

A long time ago, Blackberry was the standard for smartphones.

Posted via CB10
    Hardly the standard. But always interesting to see what they steal, rename and pass off as their own. Apple hasn't innovated nothing for years with the dull boring iphone.
    Spawn12 likes this.
    09-26-14 02:37 AM
29 12