12-03-14 10:06 PM
59 123
tools
    The thread title is misleading...this is not an issue with the battery but an issue with BBM

This Battery drain issue with BBM is nothing new and is very frustrating.

I just got 20 Z30's a while ago for staff, about 5 had issues with the battery drain and they loaded NO APPS as it is an enterprise device.

Please stop with blaming the OP when these issues come along, why is it always the tone of "Well mine is fine so you must be doing something wrong"?

BBM has an issue with sudden battery drain and it is very distressing that it continues with the latest updates....that is a fact and it needs to be fixed.

I believe the fix is to limit the network to 3g as its the phones that travel within LTE/4G and no service areas that are affected. This has seemed to stop the issue for my affected staff but don't know if this was coincidental.
    Yes, it is a well known and documented problem in this forum. Usually a battery pull (my Q10) will resolve this. But since its not possible here, either reboot, or the many suggestions above. Or off data connection, but then for those that need the data? Its frustrating at times, but hey, if there was another mobile platform that offers physical keyboard with good bug-free OS, I'm up for it. If not, this is as good as I can get. For now.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 12:47 AM
    The thread title is misleading...this is not an issue with the battery but an issue with BBM

This Battery drain issue with BBM is nothing new and is very frustrating.

I just got 20 Z30's a while ago for staff, about 5 had issues with the battery drain and they loaded NO APPS as it is an enterprise device.

Please stop with blaming the OP when these issues come along, why is it always the tone of "Well mine is fine so you must be doing something wrong"?

BBM has an issue with sudden battery drain and it is very distressing that it continues with the latest updates....that is a fact and it needs to be fixed.

I believe the fix is to limit the network to 3g as its the phones that travel within LTE/4G and no service areas that are affected. This has seemed to stop the issue for my affected staff but don't know if this was coincidental.
    People aren't blaming the OP. They're just saying he's being an ***** for not listening to them, and for being entitled. Yeah, there is sometimes a bug in BBM that causes this...it happens sometimes with some apps.

This just happens sometimes with technology...instead of making a huge fuss, they should ask for help politely, and follow the suggestions.

The OP is acting like a spoiled child and even more so when being called out for it.

He needs to do a hard reset. Yeah, this shouldn't be necessary; but it happens on all types of devices. My fiance reboots her S4 twice a day because of software bugs - we've just reinstalled the OS, and will see what happens now.

This isn't a BlackBerry problem, it is a technology and/or stubbornness problem; with an easy solution.
    12-03-14 12:50 AM
    Haha! Re read this thread again! Your the only person who's hinted at returning the phone not 10 others!!!

Posted via CB10
    Hi, my brother in law had the same problem occur on his Z30. It turned out that it was Android apps causing the problem. This was weird because the drain was idicated to be BBM on the device monitor. After making sure all native apps had the BBM permissions turned off and resetting etc, the problem persisted so I told him to delete all unnecessary Android apps (mostly games) and now his battery is back to normal. It was draining in 6 hours, even in airplane mode. Now he's back to 18+ hrs. I believe the problem is that some Android apps can run in the background and the device monitor can't interpret that kind of drain so it shows it as BBM. His phone was showing 39% BBM battery drain even when it had been in airplane mode for quite a few hrs.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    bbjdog likes this.
    12-03-14 01:26 AM
    Battery life is very good on my end. Never did anything special other than not restore from 10.2.1 from my Q10.

I never worry or carry a charger when I leave the house.

Rubbish battery!-img_20141203_012510.png

Posted via CB10
    bbjdog likes this.
    12-03-14 01:27 AM
    Not sure who else is with me on this, but I've actually noticed that Device Monitor Display with respect to Time Left isn't exactly to reliable. I've found the less you use your phone or the more it stays idle, the less battery it sometimes says you have left? For example, mine will say 30% and 4 hours. I'll send some emails and have like a 40 minute conversation and all of sudden it will say 45% and 9 hours. It's almost like using it increases the displayed amount left?

Back to the Berry...like riding a bicycle.
    12-03-14 01:40 AM
    Just happened to me a while ago. It's a bug in the BBM. Restart your device and it should fix the problem

Z10. STL100-1. 10.2.1
    12-03-14 05:29 AM
    Well a hard restart will solve things like this, but the point is, it shouldn't be happening. It basically means suddenly your phone will just start losing battery for no reason. That can never be cool. No matter how much people here defend it saying it just needs a hard reset and all. THIS shouldn't be happening.

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    Believe me, all software has their own problems, and BlackBerry isn't exempted.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-03-14 05:41 AM
    OP, life is too short to be all worked up by a device. You have three choices (a) listen to all the suggestions with an open mind (b) return the phone for an exchange and (c) return or sell the phone and move on to another platform.

For the record, my battery has been very good even with heavy use.
    12-03-14 10:55 AM
    so many persons getting all up into their feelings....follow the suggestions OP ...
    12-03-14 10:06 PM
59 123