Return the phone. About 10 people have posted the solution to your problem in this thread alone.
    You clearly should return the phone

Posted via CB10
    Haha! Re read this thread again! Your the only person who's hinted at returning the phone not 10 others!!!

Posted via CB10
    AdamThatsIt likes this.
    12-02-14 01:13 PM
    On my Z10 i had one day a similar graphic of draining battery. It's happened after a crash of an android application. The application suddenly closed but i guess that the process has continued to run in the background using CPU. A reboot solved the problem .
    12-02-14 01:21 PM
    Haha! Re read this thread again! Your the only person who's hinted at returning the phone not 10 others!!!

Posted via CB10
    I was being sarcastic, just reboot your phone using the hard reboot method. If that doesn't work you should perform a security wipe.

It's a known bug, seems to happen out of nowhere for no particular reason, but it doesn't happen often. It never happened to me for example (1+ year of BlackBerry 10)

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 01:24 PM
    That's exactly what I've done here... asked people in crackberry! I'm hardly a newbie you arrogant *****!

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 01:29 PM
    The problem with crackberry is almost identical to blackberry. It's this mindset by the diehards that just doing a hard reset should be a normal thing that you do. I love my passport, I run leaks and deal with issues. But the average user isn't always a crackberry fanatic. These batteries aren't lasting for two days, if you use any android runtime you are lucky to get a day out of the phone, which, for me is fine. But this attitude of, oh just reset it, or do a security wipe is half of the issue. Doing a security wipe is not a solution to a problem.

TL:dr. hold just the volume up and down buttons till your phone turns off, release, hope that helps and improves your situation.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 01:30 PM
    Do i let go when the screen turns off? Or keep it held till the blackberry logo appears?

Coz when i keep it held together the logo never appears untill i let go of the buttons...

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 01:39 PM
    On my Z10 i had one day a similar graphic of draining battery. It's happened after a crash of an android application. The application suddenly closed but i guess that the process has continued to run in the background using CPU. A reboot solved the problem .
    There's a free app called Task Manager in BlackBerry World that you can use to see and clean up troublesome Android apps. It might save you a reboot.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-02-14 02:05 PM
    The problem with crackberry is almost identical to blackberry. It's this mindset by the diehards that just doing a hard reset should be a normal thing that you do. I love my passport, I run leaks and deal with issues. But the average user isn't always a crackberry fanatic. These batteries aren't lasting for two days, if you use any android runtime you are lucky to get a day out of the phone, which, for me is fine. But this attitude of, oh just reset it, or do a security wipe is half of the issue. Doing a security wipe is not a solution to a problem.
    The OP started a thread with a "rubbish" title, then didn't respond to anyone's help info, only said he's never seen good battery usage in a month's use.

Resets and security wipes shouldn't be the norm, but they are possible solutions to his problem.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-02-14 02:20 PM
    Do i let go when the screen turns off? Or keep it held till the blackberry logo appears?

Coz when i keep it held together the logo never appears untill i let go of the buttons...
    There's been a report that on the Passport's newer OS version, the screen will go black and the logo /will not appear/ before you need to release the volume buttons.
    12-02-14 02:21 PM
    Noted. Thanks for the task manager suggestion.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-02-14 02:26 PM
    Yeah, I'd recommend going through your app permissions and checking to see if you've got a lot of apps connected to BBM. If you do, when you launch an app, or run it headless, it will keep BBM running in the background just in case you decide to use BBM through the app.

Also, check to see what Android apps you have. Many of them will run in the background without you noticing, causing battery life to be impacted. Also check to see if you have any apps running headless. I had that issue with Max mobile security. I had it running headless in the background, and between the scans and updates, it was killing my battery. Now that I've set it to not run headless, my battery life has improved significantly.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    12-02-14 02:28 PM
    Yeah, I'd recommend going through your app permissions and checking to see if you've got a lot of apps connected to BBM. If you do, when you launch an app, or run it headless, it will keep BBM running in the background just in case you decide to use BBM through the app.

Also, check to see what Android apps you have. Many of them will run in the background without you noticing, causing battery life to be impacted. Also check to see if you have any apps running headless. I had that issue with Max mobile security. I had it running headless in the background, and between the scans and updates, it was killing my battery. Now that I've set it to not run headless, my battery life has improved significantly.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    How do you what apps run in the background or headless?
    I can see the permissions etc but what about these?
    Is there a page i can go to check?

Posted via CB10

I found where the run in background apps are. There are only 3. Turned them all off.

However 1mobile app store always runs in the background. Yet i cant find where to turn it off?

Also is background/headless app the same?

Thanks
    Last edited by junny89; 12-02-14 at 03:03 PM.
    12-02-14 02:52 PM
    However 1mobile app store always runs in the background. Yet i cant find where to turn it off?
    1mobile is most likely an Android app, so grab Task Manager from BlackBerry World and use that to kill it.

Also is background/headless app the same?
    Yes, it's essentially the same.

You can use Quick Settings->Device Monitor->CPU to see what apps are Currently running or switch the view to Last 12, 24 or 48 Hours to see which ones were consuming a lot of CPU before. You can also select the individual apps and see their resource stats, which breaks things down to Battery Usage, CPU Usage, Memory Usage, Mobile Usage and Wi-Fi Usage.

Settings->App Manager->Application Permissions->Permissions: Run in Background, as you've found, filters the application list to only apps that have Background/Headless settings.
    12-02-14 04:04 PM
    1mobile is most likely an Android app, so grab Task Manager from BlackBerry World and use that to kill it.

Yes, it's essentially the same.

You can use Quick Settings->Device Monitor->CPU to see what apps are Currently running or switch the view to Last 12, 24 or 48 Hours to see which ones were consuming a lot of CPU before. You can also select the individual apps and see their resource stats, which breaks things down to Battery Usage, CPU Usage, Memory Usage, Mobile Usage and Wi-Fi Usage.

Settings->App Manager->Application Permissions->Permissions: Run in Background, as you've found, filters the application list to only apps that have Background/Headless settings.
    Yee I'm doing that already i check to see. It's always the usual BlackBerry ones. But 1mobile never seems to shut off!

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 04:12 PM
    That's exactly what I've done here... asked people in crackberry! I'm hardly a newbie you arrogant *****!

Posted via CB10
    With your attitude you're not likely going to get too much help here LOL
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-02-14 04:48 PM
    Still using your Q10 or did you buy a Blackberry Passport? The picture that you show looks like a Q10. Rubbish!
    Get a Blackberry Passport if you want good battery!
    12-02-14 05:40 PM
    Still using your Q10 or did you buy a Blackberry Passport? The picture that you show looks like a Q10. Rubbish!
    Get a Blackberry Passport if you want good battery!
    No man, that's a PP image for sure, see mine below. Doesn't change the fact that the OP is in here yelling about battery life instead of ASKING FOR HELP and responding to the questions.
    Rubbish battery!-img_20141202_185551.png

Posted with my beautiful BlackBerry Passport!
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-02-14 05:57 PM
    For those not familiar with bb10, your device manager also has a CPU tab. It will tell you the instantaneous CPU usage (like windows task manager). You can see if an app is running away. Tap on in, and you can close it. You obviously can't kill the system task

Secondly, the battery tab will show what has been using your battery. In your case, BBM and system ate most of it - system is pretty much everything which is not directly an app (network, OS etc). BBM is definately using more than its fair share. In the last 48 hours, my BBM was 0.41%. System was 33%, display 28%, PIM/browser/phone/games all hung around 6%. Camera was only 2%. This is my *normal* usage, on weekends it is hugely skewed towards browser/games A BBM in double digits is IMHO excessive.

Once you know the problem, we need a solution. Many people have said to do a hard reset (hold vol+ and vol- till you get the Blackberry10 splash screen). This kills all errant processes and starts afresh. A restart actually doesn't reboot the phone, it just kills most processes and restarts them. A problematic process might not die.

If this doesn't work, then (as others said) check out what apps use BBM (settings->Security and Privacy->Application Permissions, then in the drop down, select Connect to BBM). Are these apps running (check the CPU tab in device manager). If all this fails, then you could delete your channels/groups etc and add them back one at a time until the problem resurfaces. Remove the problematic group/channel and you should be fine.

If all else fails, wipe and start again.

Good luck.
    12-02-14 06:17 PM
    No man, that's a PP image for sure, see mine below. Doesn't change the fact that the OP is in here yelling about battery life instead of ASKING FOR HELP and responding to the questions.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141202_185551.png 
Views:	548 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	318266

Posted with my beautiful BlackBerry Passport!
    If I could believe he was sincere, I would help him or her. But he keeps on posting threads not for answers but for other purposes. Blackberry has a large knowledge base to help people out.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-02-14 07:06 PM
    Yee I'm doing that already i check to see. It's always the usual BlackBerry ones. But 1mobile never seems to shut off!
    Have you tried Task Manager, which shows you all running Android apps and gives you a way to kill them? Task Manager is for Android apps, not BlackBerry apps.
    12-02-14 08:01 PM
    Hello OP, have you tried any of the suggestions? Did it solve your battery problem? Either way I think the battery for this phone is very good.
    As a testament to that:

Rubbish battery!-img_20141203_100605.png

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 08:08 PM
    The thread title is misleading...this is not an issue with the battery but an issue with BBM

This Battery drain issue with BBM is nothing new and is very frustrating.

I just got 20 Z30's a while ago for staff, about 5 had issues with the battery drain and they loaded NO APPS as it is an enterprise device.

Please stop with blaming the OP when these issues come along, why is it always the tone of "Well mine is fine so you must be doing something wrong"?

BBM has an issue with sudden battery drain and it is very distressing that it continues with the latest updates....that is a fact and it needs to be fixed.

I believe the fix is to limit the network to 3g as its the phones that travel within LTE/4G and no service areas that are affected. This has seemed to stop the issue for my affected staff but don't know if this was coincidental.
    keepingsane101 likes this.
    12-02-14 08:35 PM
    No issues with my BBM!

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 09:09 PM
    No issues with my BBM!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for proving my point...good for you, I guess there is absolutely no problem because you have no issues with BBM.

I can say the same so I guess the problem doesn't exist right?

Wonder what these idiots are talking about then?
    12-02-14 09:58 PM
    i noticed my BBM drains battery overnight as well, but thats only because i left it opened in an active frame...
    try holding the 'X' to force close and turn off your GPS. Channels is constantly trying to access your location
    12-02-14 11:17 PM
59 123