Well, this is my first rendering of a BB device,....and yes, like the title implies, its a 'rough rendering' of the awesome BlackBerry Passport!

If they build this to the spec's I've previously posted here, I'd buy it in a New York minute.

Yes! I simply merged a BB Classic Keyboard onto the AT&T version PP. All of the Passports current keyboard functionality would remain the same. Oh! Here's another thought! What if you could assign certain keys to launch and app? Say,...3 presses of the letter "C" launches the Camera,...or Clock, etc!
    Rough Rendering of Passport with Trackpad-bb-pp-withtrackpad-1.jpg
    05-13-15 11:17 PM
    I've thought about this as well because it would solve any one handed complaints

If only that touch keyboard also could work like the trackpadd
    �The Berrylution will not be televised�
    05-13-15 11:28 PM
    Nice render. But the concept is a bit ridiculous when the keyboard itself is a track pad, imho.

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    JMDBERRY and CecilTsunami like this.
    05-14-15 05:10 AM
    Agree with zombiecupcake. One of the main reasons I bought the passport was for the trackpad keyboard. It would be pointless to have two trackpads, which would either make the screen smaller or the device taller.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 08:22 AM
    I tried Classic in store and absolutely love the trackpad which works far better than the half-baked capacitive keyboard layer that does something but not everything. The trackpad is definitely faster when navigating within and between text fields. However, difficult to risk getting double type since even my Passport has it, as Classic seems more likely, so didn't get the Classic in the end.

Having said that, the phone is titled but it is very clear that the keys would have to be tiny, coupled with being wide, I'm not sure how feasible that design is as a real keyboard. I imagine the phone will very likely tip over when typing and falls flat on the ground.

I think a small track ball somewhere besides J or K key with a left handed model besides D or S key would be great even if it were a 3 row keyboard without the tool belt.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-14-15 08:32 AM
    I tried Classic in store and absolutely love the trackpad which works far better than the half-baked capacitive keyboard layer that does something but not everything. The trackpad is definitely faster when navigating within and between text fields. However, difficult to risk getting double type since even my Passport has it, as Classic seems more likely, so didn't get the Classic in the end.

Having said that, the phone is titled but it is very clear that the keys would have to be tiny, coupled with being wide, I'm not sure how feasible that design is as a real keyboard. I imagine the phone will very likely tip over when typing and falls flat on the ground.

I think a small track ball somewhere besides J or K key with a left handed model besides D or S key would be great even if it were a 3 row keyboard without the tool belt.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Good ideas on the implementation of a trackpad into Passport,...but I'd recommend the Classic keyboard as #1 and #2, placing a trackpad in the center of "T K G H"...this would be the option place without adding a 4th row.

I'd very much like to see the entire Classic keyboard!,...more RAM,..1/4" more screen height,...4000mah battery, etc,...etc!

I know a bigger, better, badder Passport isn't for all, but I'd sure as hell buy one!

The main idea is to never have to touch that beautiful screen!

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 08:51 AM
    Agree with zombiecupcake. One of the main reasons I bought the passport was for the trackpad keyboard. It would be pointless to have two trackpads, which would either make the screen smaller or the device taller.

Posted via CB10
    Ahh! The capacitive touch keyboard is a "Scrollpad",...not a "Trackpad"! Hugh difference!!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 08:56 AM