Why won't anyone take my money! I just want a passport..
    This is the most trouble I have ever gone through for a phone and it's not getting any easier. The most sought after unsought phone.
    No one will just take my money for one of those.
    Posted via CB10
    Agreed I feel the same way. It's been a few days gong show.

Posted by CB10 / STA100-5 10.2.1.2977
    10-02-14 07:26 AM
    I am tempted to believe that the BB launch campaign with carriers was somewhat 'mild' compared to the noise they made in the past. Called a Rogers and Bell store yesterday. Launch day. Both, honestly, clueless about when the device would be available in store. Once actually said "sorry sir, I am unfamiliar with that device, I need to ask my manager, please hold....."

I'm in Montreal.
    10-02-14 07:38 AM
    YES mine is 249.99 and I stay with my plan.

I am waiting for last answer this morning from the Loyalty department, and their last attempt on how they can retain my account, before I head to Telus.

I will post here an update. But being number 1 on Queue and still have to wait further 2 weeks after the noted launch date is not the best customer service!

And do not be misguided, stores will not have them in the meantime.
    10-02-14 08:24 AM
    Rogers store in FCP TO doesn't know when they're getting them. Going upstairs to see if Telus will sell me one.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 08:28 AM
    I am tempted to believe that the BB launch campaign with carriers was somewhat 'mild' compared to the noise they made in the past. Called a Rogers and Bell store yesterday. Launch day. Both, honestly, clueless about when the device would be available in store. Once actually said "sorry sir, I am unfamiliar with that device, I need to ask my manager, please hold....."

I'm in Montreal.
    I thought that was normal when it comes to Rogers, would you like an iPhone? Is always what I get.

Currently there is so many stories out there about what is going on is ridiculous. No one can give a straight answer and I'm sure I as many are just going with the worst. Literally the worst phone launch ever as far as I am concerned.

Currently the stories are 2 weeks away, Friday, next week and don't worry no one wants it anyway. Rogers are sure good at keeping the story straight.
    Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 08:31 AM
    I thought that was normal when it comes to Rogers, would you like an iPhone? Is always what I get.

Currently there is so many stories out there about what is going on is ridiculous. No one can give a straight answer and I'm sure I as many are just going with the worst. Literally the worst phone launch ever as far as I am concerned.

Currently the stories are 2 weeks away, Friday, next week and don't worry no one wants it anyway. Rogers are sure good at keeping the story straight.
    Posted via CB10
    I've also heard today, so maybe call your stores after their shipping time (Usually between 10-11:30am or 2-3:30pm)

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    10-02-14 08:48 AM
    I've also heard today, so maybe call your stores after their shipping time (Usually between 10-11:30am or 2-3:30pm)

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    Just spoke with my guy, still nothing.

I know I will get it, I have a few friends at the various phone stores around the city so I will get a call once it comes in, plus I have my reservation for the stone road mall store as well.

I hate waiting, at first I wasn't sure if I wanted it, then I thought ok maybe I want it, but now that I can't have it I want it even more! Lol

Posted via CB10
    vpblaze likes this.
    10-02-14 09:23 AM
    I think that's the silvercreek location . They also told me they should have it any day now.

If all goes to plan I'm hoping to have mine tomorrow, I will post the location after I actually get mine, don't want them to run out before I get there lol

Posted via CB10
    Okay, I called around and same as yesterday, no info.
    The location NEXT to stone road is hoping some today or tomorrow so I left my name and number and they'll call if they get any. The one inside stone road, the guy couldn't tell me anything besides "next week or the week after". . .

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    10-02-14 09:25 AM
    Okay, I called around and same as yesterday, no info.
    The location NEXT to stone road is hoping some today or tomorrow so I left my name and number and they'll call if they get any. The one inside stone road, the guy couldn't tell me anything besides "next week or the week after". . .

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    I thought I would try calling wallmart, just in case.

Me: hey do you have the new blackberry passport in stock yet?

Walmart girl: no sorry we don't carry those. But we do sell the new iPhone 6!

Me: ........ hangup.

BlackBerry definitely is fighting an uphill battle.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 09:35 AM
    So who's fault? Rogers, BlackBerry or the "Truck Driver"?
    10-02-14 10:03 AM
    Let's pitchfork them all!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 10:07 AM

I am waiting for last answer this morning from the Loyalty department, and their last attempt on how they can retain my account, before I head to Telus.

I will post here an update. But being number 1 on Queue and still have to wait further 2 weeks after the noted launch date is not the best customer service!

Interested to see your updated post

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 11:18 AM

Rogers price matches nationally advertised competitor 2 year contract pricing.

199 Mts
    199 best buy /telus

Don't pay 250 if you don't have to.
    vpblaze likes this.
    10-02-14 11:48 AM
    So who's fault? Rogers, BlackBerry or the "Truck Driver"?
    I'd say it's BlackBerry and their logistics. What did Rogers do for BlackBerry to pull the contract on first release!?!? That's what I wanna know?

10-02-14 01:03 PM
    here is latest, as i promised I would post here when i found out more:

1. No Passports are at Rogers warehouse yet for distribution.

--- obviously stores and online reservations wont be shipped out

2. Timeline: 2 weeks away, Realistic: Loyalty department on Business accounts told me this morning: expect them to be rolling out sometime late October Early November!!! ( YEP!!!)

thats right 4 weeks away atleast!!

Apparently, BLACKBERRY themselves have none to ship to ROGERS!!

Supply/ demand problem

So anyone that wants a PASSPORT now, get all that is remaining for the month with TELUS, or simply wait.

BB with the 10 series had 2 many

now , poor forecasting by BB. I know they are being cautious, but this will have an impact on them one way or another!!

Thats the latest!! direct from Rogers offices in Montreal. 4 WEEKS!!! to wait
    10-02-14 01:22 PM
    O Boy, if this is true, it really will be the worst release Rogers has done.

What I find more confusing then ever is the lack of consistent information. Some people are reporting that they have been told stores will be getting them today, tomorrow, next week. While others are saying it could be weeks. So frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 01:46 PM
    Direct from Senior manager at Rogers Loyalty program for Business. He was very helpful and offered all sorts of " perks" that are very generous. i will refrain from posting or else everyone will demand same.

I have been with Rogers way back to days of Cantel, and always a Blackberry holder all the way back to the Pagers.

I am number 1 on Queue on the reservations, have a grandfathered account with 2 lines going into 1 sim, for all our business phones.

I am now faced to reactivate my 9900 Bold in meantime, as handed off my Z30 to an associate. I can wait.

But issue here is also Blackberry and reason they switched to Telus for first launch? why?

and they got caught with not as much inventory for all carriers. So we wait. The Manager told me, realistic : 4 weeks
    10-02-14 01:54 PM
    So sad now. Thanks for the info though.

I will be giving Rogers another call this evening. Just to put more pressure on them and pass on my opinion of a crap job on their part for handling this issue. They need to do a better job informing customers.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 01:57 PM
    Rogers and Bell associates look at you with a dumbfounded look when you walk in their stores and ask to see the PassPort. The say, "pardon?"
    Then they realize it is on the list of new devices and say some random 'lie' such as "about 2 weeks.

Telus have them. 200$ for 2 years. New or renewal.

Problem is, when you do so you have to cancel your old plan and choose a new one. Current plans being offered are very 'steep'. If you check for something like unlimited national calling, texting, with about 2 GB of data, you are looking at $90 per month.

I have a 'grandfather' plan of unlimited calling and texting plus 3 GB per month at $70. Not moving from here.

I hope in a few weeks it will be easier or better.
    10-02-14 02:06 PM
    All of this is making me REALLY happy I swallowed the extra $45 and went with an unlocked Telus model. Sucks to see so many frustrated BlackBerry supporters.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    10-02-14 02:06 PM
    O Boy, if this is true, it really will be the worst release Rogers has done.

What I find more confusing then ever is the lack of consistent information. Some people are reporting that they have been told stores will be getting them today, tomorrow, next week. While others are saying it could be weeks. So frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    I just called a Rogers store and he said Rogers is not getting the phone. I HUNG UP.

10-02-14 02:27 PM
    I caved tho. I just called Rogers customer care and ordered the passport. I'm activating a new line on an existing share plan. I also got a few loyalty discounts so in happy about that.

10-02-14 02:30 PM
    That sounds like a very realistic explanation, but am confused about one thing.

Normally wouldn't a PO for any carrier orders have already been cut. Even if it was a lower demand it would have had to be fulfilled.These units would have been made for the carriers in advance.

Now lets say BB produced 300,000 and then the demand was high for them to fill these orders, the phones would have to be either reflashed to be unlocked or not programmed at all.

Secondly, if the phones never hit the warehouse don't you think Rogers knew that 3-4 days ago. Why not update the page, why still say phone available Oct 1st when that was not going to happen.
    10-02-14 02:46 PM
    That sounds like a very realistic explanation, but am confused about one thing.

Normally wouldn't a PO for any carrier orders have already been cut. Even if it was a lower demand it would have had to be fulfilled.These units would have been made for the carriers in advance.

Now lets say BB produced 300,000 and then the demand was high for them to fill these orders, the phones would have to be either reflashed to be unlocked or not programmed at all.

Secondly, if the phones never hit the warehouse don't you think Rogers knew that 3-4 days ago. Why not update the page, why still say phone available Oct 1st when that was not going to happen.
    Exactly, it just doesn't make sense.....
    10-02-14 02:47 PM
    Rogers and Bell associates look at you with a dumbfounded look when you walk in their stores and ask to see the PassPort. The say, "pardon?"
    Then they realize it is on the list of new devices and say some random 'lie' such as "about 2 weeks.

Telus have them. 200$ for 2 years. New or renewal.

Problem is, when you do so you have to cancel your old plan and choose a new one. Current plans being offered are very 'steep'. If you check for something like unlimited national calling, texting, with about 2 GB of data, you are looking at $90 per month.

I have a 'grandfather' plan of unlimited calling and texting plus 3 GB per month at $70. Not moving from here.

I hope in a few weeks it will be easier or better.
    While looking through my contacts I realized I had a specific number for Client retention (at Telus). The above plan is ridiculous. I was told, and it was noted in my file, that I can go to any authorized retailer, including FS and BestBuy, and they would give me 4 GB, unlimited calling, and text...for $80. Better than 2GB at 90$. I hope to be using my Passport by this evening.
    10-02-14 03:00 PM
298 ... 89101112