... sooo ... after 3 lengthy call with Rogers "Customer Service" I was told I had to pay for the phone outright as I am not on contract. So with some hesitation I did that because I just wanted my shiny new Passport. Then Rogers issues an email stating I don't meet the "requirements" and if not corrected the reservation would be cancelled. So in yet another call to Rogers I advised them of the email but was told to ignore the emails - they were bot issued - sent automatically. So being the fool I am I ignored the email. Then ... you guessed it ... my reservation WAS CANCELLED. So this time Rogers phoned me and inquired my preference - refund the money? So I said - no ... I just want a damned phone! Finally I spoke with a representative who had an IQ greater than their bus fare and - aghast - Rogers admitted they had made a mistake. So now I am back on the reservaton list sitting at about 278. It truly has to be seen to be believed - ya just can't write this stuff.
    Holy! Rogers is doing nothing but dropping the ball with how it's handling this release.
    I think this online reservation system needs a lot of work. Doesn't seem very well run.

I have to make yet another call to Rogers now. When I went to the store and picked up my PP, the lady there said there was absolutely no way they could price match the device in store. Even though the MTS store right across the hall was offering it for $50 less!

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-19-14 03:44 PM
    Holy! Rogers is doing nothing but dropping the ball with how it's handling this release.
    I think this online reservation system needs a lot of work. Doesn't seem very well run.

I have to make yet another call to Rogers now. When I went to the store and picked up my PP, the lady there said there was absolutely no way they could price match the device in store. Even though the MTS store right across the hall was offering it for $50 less!

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but if you talked to Rogers customer service about the price match before(e.g when you were reserving a PP), and if they approved the price match, they had to give you a reference number regarding what they promised in their system. Then, you could just go to whatever Rogers store to pick up your device. Once the device price appears on your next bill, they'll check it and credit you back. If not, just call the customer service and provide your reference number(other Reps will see the notes what they promised to you). I did this by this way, as local store couldn't do PM for me as well, but customer service has the authority to do it.
    10-19-14 04:27 PM
    Yes, but if you talked to Rogers customer service about the price match before(e.g when you were reserving a PP), and if they approved the price match, they had to give you a reference number regarding what they promised in their system. Then, you could just go to whatever Rogers store to pick up your device. Once the device price appears on your next bill, they'll check it and credit you back. If not, just call the customer service and provide your reference number(other Reps will see the notes what they promised to you). I did this by this way, as local store couldn't do PM for me as well, but customer service has the authority to do it.
    The trick is to call and talk, get them to repeat what they said they would do at the end of the call so it's recorded (all of Rogers' calls get recorded) and get the calls ID number! :P

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    10-19-14 05:09 PM
    ... sooo ... after 3 lengthy call with Rogers "Customer Service" I was told I had to pay for the phone outright as I am not on contract. So with some hesitation I did that because I just wanted my shiny new Passport. Then Rogers issues an email stating I don't meet the "requirements" and if not corrected the reservation would be cancelled. So in yet another call to Rogers I advised them of the email but was told to ignore the emails - they were bot issued - sent automatically. So being the fool I am I ignored the email. Then ... you guessed it ... my reservation WAS CANCELLED. So this time Rogers phoned me and inquired my preference - refund the money? So I said - no ... I just want a damned phone! Finally I spoke with a representative who had an IQ greater than their bus fare and - aghast - Rogers admitted they had made a mistake. So now I am back on the reservaton list sitting at about 278. It truly has to be seen to be believed - ya just can't write this stuff.
    Be easier to just go to Telus and buy it in store off contract. Would have to pay to unlock but less hassle and get it sometime this calendar year.....

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 10:45 PM
    I tried to do this and (surprise surprise) got screwed.

When I originally called Rogers I asked them to price match against the $200 that Future Shop was offering (at the time) for the Telus Passport. They said that they would, so I'm thinking all is good. When I went in to pick it up from the store (after being assured that the store would honour everything I had discussed over the phone), they told me that instead of a price match, they would only provide me with a $30 credit off of the $250 phone (apparently the $30 came from the fact that, in the system of the person that I had originally spoken with over the phone, the phone was listed at $230, not $250). I told the store guy that I wanted a full price match (because that's what they had agreed to) and, after some more discussions between him and Rogers customer service, he told me that I could get a price match, but that I'd have to call Rogers later to do it (he couldn't do it at the store). I said fine, so I took the phone and left.

Fast forward to the next day: I call Rogers customer service, and am told that I can only get the $30 discount, not a full price match (i.e. they're screwing me out of $20). This is supposedly because it "wasn't a price match" because Rogers "doesn't price match" (which is an out-and-out lie). When I mentioned that that was a lie, he told me that it couldn't have been a price match because Rogers doesn't price match to Future Shop because Future Shop isn't a competitor (also a lie). I pointed out that he was wrong on all counts (I was talking to a manager at this point), and he just kept repeating that he could only offer me the $30 discount. When I said that I wanted to lodge a complaint, he told me that this could result in me losing even the $30 credit. So, under duress, I took the $30.

I hate Rogers. I hate them so much.
    10-20-14 01:55 PM
    Me too I've got Rogered! It's my last year with them...

From my Z30 ? 10.3
    10-20-14 02:12 PM
    I tried to do this and (surprise surprise) got screwed.

When I originally called Rogers I asked them to price match against the $200 that Future Shop was offering (at the time) for the Telus Passport. They said that they would, so I'm thinking all is good. When I went in to pick it up from the store (after being assured that the store would honour everything I had discussed over the phone), they told me that instead of a price match, they would only provide me with a $30 credit off of the $250 phone (apparently the $30 came from the fact that, in the system of the person that I had originally spoken with over the phone, the phone was listed at $230, not $250). I told the store guy that I wanted a full price match (because that's what they had agreed to) and, after some more discussions between him and Rogers customer service, he told me that I could get a price match, but that I'd have to call Rogers later to do it (he couldn't do it at the store). I said fine, so I took the phone and left.

Fast forward to the next day: I call Rogers customer service, and am told that I can only get the $30 discount, not a full price match (i.e. they're screwing me out of $20). This is supposedly because it "wasn't a price match" because Rogers "doesn't price match" (which is an out-and-out lie). When I mentioned that that was a lie, he told me that it couldn't have been a price match because Rogers doesn't price match to Future Shop because Future Shop isn't a competitor (also a lie). I pointed out that he was wrong on all counts (I was talking to a manager at this point), and he just kept repeating that he could only offer me the $30 discount. When I said that I wanted to lodge a complaint, he told me that this could result in me losing even the $30 credit. So, under duress, I took the $30.

I hate Rogers. I hate them so much.
    The trick is to call while in the store or whoever you talk to get that call reference number and have them repeat it to you over the phone, it forces them to honour it. They're cheeky and will take every buck they can

10-20-14 02:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    Of course they can, I picked up my reservation at a Rogers Plus store at pacific centre mall and they CERTAINLY CAN PRICE MATCH IN STORE? They priced matched and applied Rogers rewards. But the dealer had to call in to dealer support and have the agent apply it manually. Time will tell as I won't get my invoice till the 1st week of Nov and only then can I confirm that the price match and cashing in rewards was done.

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.908/Rogers Wireless
    10-20-14 03:16 PM
    Of course they can, I picked up my reservation at a Rogers Plus store at pacific centre mall and they CERTAINLY CAN PRICE MATCH IN STORE? They priced matched and applied Rogers rewards. But the dealer had to call in to dealer support and have the agent apply it manually. Time will tell as I won't get my invoice till the 1st week of Nov and only then can I confirm that the price match and cashing in rewards was done.

Yeah. I figured as much. I had my Note 3 price matched in store last year when I got it.
    Judging by the attitude of the sales rep at Rogers, she was just not interested in even bothering.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 03:48 PM

FURTHER TO MY TALE OF WOE ROGERS NOT ONLY CANCELLED MY PASSPORT RESERVATION BUT ALOS MY 6 PLUS RESERVATION. THIS AFTER INSISTING ON PAYING FULL PRICE IN ADVANCE FOR BOTH DEVICES. AS SUCH I HAVE INSISTED ON A REFUND - CANCELLED THE RESERVATIONS AND EXPRESSED MY UTTER DISGUST IN CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THE SENSE OF HEIGHTENED ARROGANCE THAT EXTENDS BEYOND ANY SERVICE ORIENTED COMPANY. IF I OPERATED MY COMPANY WITH SUCH DISDAIN I WOULD DESERVE TO NOT ONLY LOSE CLIENTS BUT ALSO MY REPUTATION. Thanks for listening ...
    10-22-14 08:25 PM

FURTHER TO MY TALE OF WOE ROGERS NOT ONLY CANCELLED MY PASSPORT RESERVATION BUT ALOS MY 6 PLUS RESERVATION. THIS AFTER INSISTING ON PAYING FULL PRICE IN ADVANCE FOR BOTH DEVICES. AS SUCH I HAVE INSISTED ON A REFUND - CANCELLED THE RESERVATIONS AND EXPRESSED MY UTTER DISGUST IN CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THE SENSE OF HEIGHTENED ARROGANCE THAT EXTENDS BEYOND ANY SERVICE ORIENTED COMPANY. IF I OPERATED MY COMPANY WITH SUCH DISDAIN I WOULD DESERVE TO NOT ONLY LOSE CLIENTS BUT ALSO MY REPUTATION. Thanks for listening ...
    Unfortunately this has been the bain of most customer service issues with Rogers and the fact that most people think they also nickel and dime. Escalate to a manager or office of the president. A lot of customers are not aware that these options exist but according to the CRTC customer service agents are supposed to be pro-active in escalating issues but for now if a customer is not aware of these optionally, you bet they WILL not inform you about it.

liltoadie likes this.
    10-22-14 08:42 PM
    Wow. That's crappy dude. I would definitely be escalating this! I escalated my issues up higher and managed to get a $100 credit. I probably could have gotten higher if I wanted to.
    The CSR's can't solve crap. They seem to be the front line defence to deter people from calling higher.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    anon(870071) likes this.
    10-22-14 09:50 PM

Honestly if I were you I'd just contact retention some time during "normal working hours" and escalate it as high as you can, that's utterly disgusting!

10-22-14 10:38 PM
    I'm currently 379 out of 391 on Rogers' business reservation system. I've been trying to hold out for the white Passport but with no announcement coming from BlackBerry on availability, I just couldn't wait any longer and pulled the trigger on upgrading my Q10 on my corporate line to the black PP. 379 seems like a looooong wait... Hopefully the white PP will be available by the time I get to the top of the queue!
    11-05-14 08:45 PM
    I use to work for them! There's a few bits here that does not make sense!?
    The email of requirements I've never heard of!
    What was causing the activation issue? Did you have a balance on account?
    If you are not on contract or don't want to be it would be month to month pricing!
    Curious, what was the mistake Rogers made?

I re-read this and was curious as it didn't make any sense?

11-06-14 08:30 AM
    I finally received my passport a week ago. I haven't had a chance to update or post in the thread. Rogers is horrible. I didn't even mean to get the passport but I won't complain.

So as I mentioned, as soon as the phone came out, I called and tried to reserve one to not avail. I contact Rogers via phone and the person I spoke with said it'd be faster to order through the phone. Big mistake. I get the passport a week later and it's doa. It keeps rebooting. I can't return it and exchange it at a store because I bought it over the phone so I send it back and wait patiently for a replacement. I contact Rogers a few more times while waiting, wondering what the delay is. No problems they say it's coming. I then call them a few days later to find that the order was somehow cancelled and that I have to order again. Fine whatever, it was escalated to a manager and he said for sure I'd get it that week so no problem just send me the damn thing. I get a call the next week and they say that it's now on back order and the person I was talking to said that if I didn't cancel the original I would have received it but because I reordered the device it wasn't sent. So 15 days is the wait time. I'm pissed so I just tell them to cancel it. That's an issue because on their end the device is being sent. I escalate to a manager and they said fine it's cancelled and in 24 hours my statement should reflect this. A week passes and I'm at Eaton Centre at Rogers poking around. They have a Passport that was returned within the 15 days etc and that if I wanted it, I'd also get a 100 dollar credit. I'm excited, why the hell not? We go through the paper work but there is something on my account htat is stopping him from letting me pick up the phone without him calling Rogers. The person on the phone says that the order is still being processed. It shows that it was cancelled but reordered somehow again. I'm at the store for an hour waiting and the Rogers person tells me the people on the phone are having their own conference because they see how much time i've wasted calling them and how many times the situation was escalated. Eventually they say I can't pick up the device because it's being shipped. Well I got it last week. Thanks Rogers for the nightmare.
    11-11-14 10:37 AM
    Unfortunately this has been the bain of most customer service issues with Rogers and the fact that most people think they also nickel and dime. Escalate to a manager or office of the president. A lot of customers are not aware that these options exist but according to the CRTC customer service agents are supposed to be pro-active in escalating issues but for now if a customer is not aware of these optionally, you bet they WILL not inform you about it.
    Well, since you have your phone, this may be moot, however you can always contact Ellen Roseman at the Toronto Star. She's a consumer advocate for the telecom industry and has gotten great results for me with Bell. It may be worth having her know about this situation. Same for dejanh re: his Telus/BB experience (runaround).
    11-11-14 11:59 AM
    I had the same thing with rogers...got mine and was rebooting several times a day,i called rogers October 20th...after complaint and getting frustrated, I finally received my replacement today the 11 of November...took really long, so far working great.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 06:41 PM
    Honestly if I were you I'd just contact retention some time during "normal working hours" and escalate it as high as you can, that's utterly disgusting!

Retentions use to have a lot of power,whilst some time ago! BUT over the last two years the things that they cannot or can do have been getting taken away for example:credits! Although in the past retentions has been able to correct certain situations when customers call in to complain but more and more powers are taken away. If your issue is really bad perhaps the only way is to escalate to a manager or the OOP. I've worked for Rogers and although there may have be internal policies in effect, outwardly customers are not privy to this information. So frontline agents usually gets the brunt of these issues. For example in the past weve been able to restore past discounts or promos but during plan changes a window pops up and if you don't click the window to knowingly remove said discounts or promos the change cannot be made. The only agents that can make appreciative corrections or changes are management or office of the president agents. Don't bother with customer care, Loyalties or retentions.

Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 11-12-14 at 10:21 AM.
    11-12-14 09:47 AM
    Retentions use to have a lot of power,whilst some time ago! BUT over the last two years the things that they cannot due have been getting taken away for example:credits! Although in the past retentions has been able to correct certain situations when customers call in to complain but more and more powers are taken away. If your issue is really bad perhaps the only way is to escalate to a manager or the OOP. I've worked for Rogers and although there may have be internal policies in effect, outwardly customers are not privy to this information. So frontline agents usually gets the brunt of these issues. The only agents that can make appreciative corrections or changes are management or office of the president agents. Don't bother with customer care, Loyalties or retentions.

I hear you Cellphonejunkey, but I had a very positive interaction with retentions when I upgraded to the passport recently. They gave me almost everything I wanted, including the waiving of the hefty device balance as it was early still to upgrade. They did admit that they made an exception as I was a 14 year customer, and only after consulting a retentions supervisor.

Posted via Passport - The Beast!
    11-12-14 10:06 AM
    I to was given a few incentives as I have been an employee and a customer since the Cantel days. I was given 20$ off the line for the duration of the 2 yr term, and price matched to telus pricing but I had to get the agent at the corporate store call in to business retentions and finally to get an interaction id number to finally get these. I got a tenure discount and a price match but not willing and had to jump through a few hoops. I also want to mention as well I got my passport as a reservation pickup, and I was converting a non commitment data share line to voice and data wth 2 yr signing.
    11-12-14 10:25 AM
    Allow mw to interrupt the Rogers bashing to say that I've moved from #379 on the business reservation list to #55 in exactly one week. At this rate I'm expecting to have the Passport in my hot, little hands by Monday or Tuesday of next week! CAN'T WAIT!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 07:19 PM
    I'll just wait until all those who want it have it.

I don't need the BS nor the rogers stress

Yes it's a BlackBerry. If you have something bad to say... speak to Easton!
    11-18-14 02:58 PM
    I was curious about this thread so I called Rogers and asked if they could give me an honest answer. The guy I spoke to said that they're not shipping any Passports until Black Friday, the reason being rather than send them out in spurts, they'll just fill all backorders at once on Friday next week, that way everyone will get them at the same time. He did confirm that there were none "in stock", but I'm doubtful about that. Rather ridickerless, as Judge Judy would say.
    11-18-14 05:51 PM
    Mine is currently in the "In progress (activation)" status and I'm no longer in the queue with an assigned number anymore. I hope that means they'll shipp it soon and not make we wait another week until Black Friday!
    11-21-14 07:55 AM
577 ... 21222324