11-22-14 07:45 PM
577 ... 2021222324
tools
    How did you buy it outright at Telus?
    Walked in and told them I wanted to buy one at full price. They didn't bat an eye. An hour later I unlocked it online for $20.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-15-14 07:50 PM
    Walked in and told them I wanted to buy one at full price. They didn't bat an eye. An hour later I unlocked it online for $20.

On a side note, I received my rogers passport today via ups. Not sure if I will keep it, sell it to a friend or send it back... decisions, decisions.

10-15-14 08:07 PM

What site did you use? Looking for a cheap unlock code.

Sent from my Samsung Tab 4 using Tapatalk
    10-15-14 08:07 PM
    On a side note, I received my rogers passport today via ups. Not sure if I will keep it, sell it to a friend or send it back... decisions, decisions.

So how long from in progress activation to your doorstep?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 08:58 PM
    What site did you use? Looking for a cheap unlock code.

Sent from my Samsung Tab 4 using Tapatalk
    Mobileincanada.com. Telus was $20, but other service providers were more... goodluck!

vpblaze likes this.
    10-15-14 10:27 PM
    So how long from in progress activation to your doorstep?

Posted via CB10
    4 days

SilviaQs likes this.
    10-15-14 10:27 PM
    4 days
    Just got shipping email today, hopefully comes faster than 4 days Xanthe:
    This email is to confirm that the BlackBerry Passport Black you reserved for the wireless number(s) : 613-xxx-xxxx will be leaving our warehouse shortly.
    Please allow 7 business days, from receiving this email, to complete delivery of your order.
    10-16-14 07:12 AM
    We have a corporate account and shortly after the launch our account exec said "will bring you over a few in the next day or so". We have since put in a request for 22 devices, however our account exec said he has to fill 42 line item orders.

It doesn't appear to matter if we reserved online or through our rep. Either way no timeline when we are getting our devices.

STL100-3 | Rogers | 10.3.0.xxxx
    drewbbie likes this.
    10-16-14 09:18 AM
    As I posted before, I ordered my wife's Passport online from Rogers but also spoke to a CS rep about it. She assured me the plan we were on (we had recently changed it) was fine to upgrade. First of all, the status on the website still says 'in progress' and a shipping email would be sent to my address as the main account holder. Last Friday we got a text on my wife's phone (not mine, not my email) that it had shipped. Still no change on the website. The Passport is now at home - having received a call from my local store for pick up! Still no change on the website and no shipping email! Turns out that we did have to upgrade our plan after having been told we were fine.

When I got home I phoned Rogers and demanded to be put through to retentions - or Customer Relations, as they call it. I am a long time loyal customer (14 years), and so I got a very sweet deal. They apologized for what the other rep had told me. Discounted $10 on my line for a year. I was able to upgrade to another Passport for myself, even though I still had a hefty device balance left to pay. They reduced that to next to nothing! All activation fees were and will be waived. We also got that bluetooth speaker.

I had been resigned to waiting till next year to upgrade - now I'm # 45 in the line and excited to get my own PP! BTW - I did all the set up for my wife and have to say that this phone is a BEAST!
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    10-16-14 11:14 AM
    As I posted before, I ordered my wife's Passport online from Rogers but also spoke to a CS rep about it. She assured me the plan we were on (we had recently changed it) was fine to upgrade. First of all, the status on the website still says 'in progress' and a shipping email would be sent to my address as the main account holder. Last Friday we got a text on my wife's phone (not mine, not my email) that it had shipped. Still no change on the website. The Passport is now at home - having received a call from my local store for pick up! Still no change on the website and no shipping email! Turns out that we did have to upgrade our plan after having been told we were fine.

When I got home I phoned Rogers and demanded to be put through to retentions - or Customer Relations, as they call it. I am a long time loyal customer (14 years), and so I got a very sweet deal. They apologized for what the other rep had told me. Discounted $10 on my line for a year. I was able to upgrade to another Passport for myself, even though I still had a hefty device balance left to pay. They reduced that to next to nothing! All activation fees were and will be waived. We also got that bluetooth speaker.

I had been resigned to waiting till next year to upgrade - now I'm # 45 in the line and excited to get my own PP! BTW - I did all the set up for my wife and have to say that this phone is a BEAST!
    We were in the same boat here, ended up getting some great discounts on two of our cell lines so we could both upgrade!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    jvictor77 likes this.
    10-16-14 01:01 PM

Update: I seem to have jumped to # 2 in a few hours. They must have stock!
    10-16-14 02:18 PM
    Well...UPS has yet again been delayed it seems. my tracking number hasn't been updated in 36 hours and it is still saying delivery today. However the stores have already received their shipment for the day.
    The frustrating part is that it's probably sitting somewhere within 20 minutes of where I live.

Gotta love logistics eh!

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 04:16 PM
    Rogers offered to discount my line for a year also ,because my wife's line needed a ten dollar upgrade. So an upgrade for ten and a discount for ten. I said forget it I will pay full price. These will be my last new phones for a while. I didn't want to sign on for two more years,I want my contracts to run out to see what else is out there .maybe something better ,maybe not.
    max0442 likes this.
    10-16-14 04:31 PM
    Have a business acct with Rogers with 5 phones on the plan, and ordered 1 passport on Sept 26. I called them today about when the PP would be shipped. Rogers said it was ready to ship, but I had to update my plan prior to shipping. I advised that at ordering the PP I was not told about the upgrade requirement, which they confirmed the order notes did show the agent did not discuss upgrading the plan on my 1 phone.

But they could still not ship the PP until I upgraded my plan. My current plan is $90 per month, but the new plan with all the features I now have plus additional features I do no need or want is $120 per month, take it or leave it. Advised them to cancel their PP shipping to me and I would buy an unlocked PP from others, insert a Rogers sim and when the 5 plans for the 5 phones expired in 10 months I would move to another carrier. They said OK you can do that. I am not interested in doing business with BAIT & SWITCH ROBBERS.
    10-17-14 04:19 PM
    FYI...I picked up a Passport at the Uptown Waterloo Rogers store this afternoon - they have more stock.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 04:26 PM
    Well my Passport is finally at the Rogers store! Of course they didn't call me. I got an alert from UPS saying that my package has been delivered. So I gave it a bit to see if the store would call me...nothing.
    I called them, and the rep was like yeah, it's here, I am looking right at it! Well then call me!!!
    And now I am at work for the evening and have to wait till tomorrow!
    #firstworldproblems

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 04:46 PM
    Awaiting my blackberry passport from the crackberry contest...I got my official email from CB yesterday stating to forward my delivery info so we shall see how long it takes. Hopefully soon because it sounds like stock is coming in. My countdown starts from today *sigh* ........

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-17-14 08:59 PM
    Awaiting my blackberry passport from the crackberry contest...I got my official email from CB yesterday stating to forward my delivery info so we shall see how long it takes. Hopefully soon because it sounds like stock is coming in. My countdown starts from today *sigh* ........

Congrats again. What a prize to win!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    10-17-14 09:08 PM
    I also checked tracking, and was told my phone was delivered. I also waited for them to call. They didn't. When I called and said my passport was delivered,he said. Did someone call you? I said no,but I knew it was there from tracking. I live close,so I went down, no one was in the store. Don't think they would have called. I know sometimes they are busy,but they know when people order new phones,they want them ASAP
    10-17-14 09:12 PM
    I also checked tracking, and was told my phone was delivered. I also waited for them to call. They didn't. When I called and said my passport was delivered,he said. Did someone call you? I said no,but I knew it was there from tracking. I live close,so I went down, no one was in the store. Don't think they would have called. I know sometimes they are busy,but they know when people order new phones,they want them ASAP
    Exactly. They shouldn't screw around.

I remember back in the day whenever the Torch 9810 came out. Rogers sent it right to my door and I was able to call it and get it going.

Not like the stores do much anyways. All the do is grab the box and SIM card for you. All payments go right to your next bill...they should have just shipped all these Passports direct to the doors!

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 10:51 PM
    Congrats again. What a prize to win!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    Thank you! I'm still smiling thinking about the win and finding out. I will do a review just for the hell of it. I wanted a white one though but I'm not complaining at all. I was originally waiting till November but it doesn't get any better than FREE!

CDM76 likes this.
    10-18-14 01:42 PM
    Awaiting my blackberry passport from the crackberry contest...
    Congratulations man!

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Passport
    10-18-14 01:59 PM
    Rogers Store: 1807 Burrard St, Unit 103, Vancouver

If your in Vancouver, this Rogers store may still have some PP on next Monday(Oct 20), call them to ask ASAP!

I got mine from them on Friday. I was told that they just got some PP in stock before I called, I believe they didn't even had enough time to add the devices into their sales system that day. I went there around 430pm to pick up(was raining). They were closed at 530pm on that Friday and not opening on weekend, this is the hint No need to wait for the terrible reservation order, that takes like forever.

From my BlackBerry Passport.
    Last edited by Samxodemon; 10-19-14 at 03:24 PM.
    10-19-14 02:25 AM
    ... sooo ... after 3 lengthy call with Rogers "Customer Service" I was told I had to pay for the phone outright as I am not on contract. So with some hesitation I did that because I just wanted my shiny new Passport. Then Rogers issues an email stating I don't meet the "requirements" and if not corrected the reservation would be cancelled. So in yet another call to Rogers I advised them of the email but was told to ignore the emails - they were bot issued - sent automatically. So being the fool I am I ignored the email. Then ... you guessed it ... my reservation WAS CANCELLED. So this time Rogers phoned me and inquired my preference - refund the money? So I said - no ... I just want a damned phone! Finally I spoke with a representative who had an IQ greater than their bus fare and - aghast - Rogers admitted they had made a mistake. So now I am back on the reservaton list sitting at about 278. It truly has to be seen to be believed - ya just can't write this stuff.
    10-19-14 01:42 PM
    This is excellent advice. Thanks!
    10-19-14 01:44 PM
577 ... 2021222324