11-22-14 07:45 PM
577 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    Hey guys, just called Rogers and went into the upgrades section. They're sending me a passport to my house. Will take up to 5 business days she said. Another Avenue if you guys are interested
    10-06-14 07:23 PM
    As I've mentioned before, I'm #7 in the business device queue. Today I received my email that my device is shipping. I was given a UPS tracking number. So far, the waybill has been created, but the device has not been picked up by UPS yet. I also don't know if it's coming UPS next day or ground, so it may take a few days. I don't mind that, so long as I finally know what's going on.
    D3C0D3R and Thavys55 like this.
    10-06-14 07:35 PM
    Anyone in Vancouver know any roger stores who have them?

Posted via CB10
    The price match for 199.99 is on only to the 9th at future shop so make sure you get rogers to match!

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 10-07-14 at 06:16 AM.
    10-06-14 08:43 PM
    The price match for 199.99 is on only to the 9th so make sure you get rogers to match!

Will rogers price match bestbuy?

Posted via the BlackBerry Passport
    10-06-14 08:45 PM
    As I've mentioned before, I'm #7 in the business device queue. Today I received my email that my device is shipping. I was given a UPS tracking number. So far, the waybill has been created, but the device has not been picked up by UPS yet. I also don't know if it's coming UPS next day or ground, so it may take a few days. I don't mind that, so long as I finally know what's going on.
    Great, now only 222 orders to fill before mine

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 08:50 PM
    Finally received this phone!! This phone is pretty awesome!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 09:57 PM
    136 on Rogers consumer res site Friday. 135 today....sigh....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-06-14 10:04 PM

Yes

10-06-14 10:25 PM
    The price match for 199.99 is on only to the 9th so make sure you get rogers to match!

They didn't for me. Charged me 249 plus tax n with my early upgrade fee it wasn't worth it. Just gonna buy it out right
    10-06-14 10:42 PM
    Chris I appreciate you coming here to try and clear things up. Especially amongst some of these folks who need to chill.

Listen though...I have been a Rogers customer since the Cantel Days. I also have a background in telecommunications (sales and marketing), and I get how it's difficult to keep front line staff as it is an extremely fast moving industry. I get how generally after hiring 6 new employee to answer the phones, after 3 months 5 of those new employees are getting the golden handshake out the door. I get how it's difficult to retain all the information that is being thrown at these new employees. In my 6 years that I was in the industry I had pride knowing that I knew my competition inside out, that I was knowledgeable about up and coming products and services. I also understand that Blackberry is now the little fish in the pond compared to the isheep and Droids.

But there is a bunch of people here who love the underdog. People who love the idea of the come back, others who want to support a Canadian Company and some that don't want to follow the crowd and realize how amazing and solid BlackBerry 10 is.

Where am I going with this? Well a week ago Monday when I called Rogers customer service and inquired about the Passport "Margret" was trying to direct me to The Government of Canada (no lie). Today when I spoke to business care the response was "Passport??? Is that the new Blackberry device??"

Nevertheless, my inquiry last week was to get Passport last week off contract, given my experience on the phone with the rep I opted to just buy it from Telus and get it it unlocked. I'm still a Rogers Customer but the rep cost the company a 700 in revenue. Rogers really needs to step up there training and work a little harder at retaining those employees who "get it"!

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss BlackBerry Passport!!!
    From what I gather, the dealers pay what we pay and get some kind of kick back on the contract signing. Selling a device full price without contract maybe nets the dealer $50.
    That's why most are not eager to sell devices outright.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 10:56 PM
    They didn't for me. Charged me 249 plus tax n with my early upgrade fee it wasn't worth it. Just gonna buy it out right

You have to call in to Sales and they will customer credit you. Not sure if you can do it after you've already gotten the phone but I'd strongly recommend giving it a shot, especially if you picked up two or more!

For us, the Waterloo location gave a store grace credit and then the Guelph location got us to call in while we rung it through and they credited the account after the fact :P

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-07-14 12:13 AM
    Yeah what they others have said, if they don't keep pushing them since MTS has it for 199 as well.

as an update I got tired of waiting for Rogers so ordered one from shopblackberry and it is arriving today. cancelled my Rogers order.
    10-07-14 06:09 AM
    That's not right....on the futureshop webs site, it lists the telus pricing of 199.99 till Oct.9th and the rogers plus store I was at matched it.
    10-07-14 06:18 AM
    This may clarify how the price match works:

Rogers-where is my passport?-img_20141007_093011.png

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 08:31 AM
    Upgrades are permitted to use price match.the fine print only states no for new activations!

10-07-14 05:00 PM
    I wonder when we'll see enough of these on the shelves for someone who hasn't reserved it to pick one up. I can't reserve one because the plan is under my sister (she used to work there so we get a discount) and she lives about an hour away from me. The account holder has to go in to pick up the device (makes no sense to me..?). Anyway, I've been calling 5 stores around me every day since Oct 1 to no avail. I'm so tired of waiting, just take my money!!!

Also, I wonder if Rogers is purposefully making us wait till after the 9th so they don't have to price match... hmm...
    10-07-14 05:34 PM
    I spoke with Robbers retention, they told me 15 days to wait !

From my Z30 ? 10.3
    10-07-14 05:38 PM

From my Z30 ? 10.3
    That's such a bummer. I was really hoping to play with this thing but I hear so many issues these days I wonder if Blackberry is just trying to pump these out asap and build quality is sacrificed. Ah who knows. Debating if I should just go with a different phone in the mean time LOL
    10-07-14 05:50 PM

From my Z30 ? 10.3
    Thats ridiculous
    10-07-14 05:56 PM
    Just had a very disappointing experience with Rogers Loyalty and Retentions. Currently a 15+ year customer with them and my plan currently sits at $61 before taxes (sadly used to be $40 for the exact same plan). I wanted to do a price match on the Telus price of $199 but not only would they not do it for me, the only way I could get an upgrade is if they put me on a new Loyalty "discounted" plan of $82/month!!!

On top of that, their website only states "$60/line required" so I clearly qualified for that with my current plan but they couldn't do anything and needed me to change my plan. Very misleading or false advertising because all they are doing is sleight of hand.....giving you a deal on one hand but raising your price on the other.

The best part was when the agent stated that if they lowered the price of the device to price match for everyone that asked for it that the Carriers would go out of business.......no lie. #CmonMan
    Last edited by poonsaloon; 10-07-14 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Missing info
    10-07-14 06:00 PM
    Just had a very disappointing experience with Rogers Loyalty and Retentions. Currently a 15+ year customer with them and my plan currently sits at $61 before taxes (sadly used to be $40 for the exact same plan). I wanted to do a price match on the Telus price of $199 but not only would they not do it for me, the only way I could get an upgrade is if they put me on a new Loyalty "discounted" plan of $82/month!!!

On top of that, their website only states "$60/line required" so I clearly qualified for that with my current plan but they couldn't do anything and needed me to change my plan. Very misleading or false advertising because all they are doing is slight of hand.....giving you a deal on one hand but raising your price on the other.

The best part was when the agent stated that if they lowered the price of the device to price match for everyone that asked for it that the Carriers would go out of business.......no lie. #CmonMan
    Typical rogers service
    10-07-14 06:01 PM
    I'm at 96. Was at 106 Friday My status says open . How long do we have to wait?
    10-07-14 06:26 PM
    Actually I think my Canadian passport came quicker than the blackberry passport
    10-07-14 06:54 PM
    I was 148 yesterday now 143.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 06:57 PM

On top of that, their website only states "$60/line required" so I clearly qualified for that with my current plan but they couldn't do anything and needed me to change my plan. Very misleading or false advertising because all they are doing is sleight of hand.....giving you a deal on one hand but raising your price on the other.

Same for me, I'm with Robbers since cantel i have a grandfather plan and they told me have to change plan, no way ! I escalated to the president office, that's what they call it, and they don't care!! So I'm not changing plan and maybe will buy the passport full price.

From my Z30 ? 10.3
    10-07-14 06:59 PM
577 ... 1516171819 ...