Do you guys think they do any deliveries during the weekend? Saturday at least? I was hoping it would come today but I am now HOPING it will come tomorrow! haha
    10-03-14 09:56 PM
    Do you guys think they do any deliveries during the weekend? Saturday at least? I was hoping it would come today but I am now HOPING it will come tomorrow! haha
    Yes actually! I was curious when they told me this morning that it wasn't in. Turns out they receive shipments every day except Sunday! :P
    10-03-14 09:59 PM
    Gelatinous.......+1.

I was #368 at Rogers. Had g r e a t pleasure in canceling my order with them to buy from Shop BlackBerry. And saved $175 with that promo code.

In the immortal words of Dale Arbus from Horrible Bosses "ooooooh that felt goooood".
    Thank you. Elvis has left the building.
    rjedge54 likes this.
    10-03-14 10:09 PM
    I tripled confirmed with Rogers CS that I do not lose my plan. If they make me change my plan, I am out.

Posted via CB10
    I would call Rogers again to make sure it's noted on your account.
    10-03-14 10:20 PM
    I'm with rogers - what I know from my experience with the Z30 is that the days it's available is the day is starts shipping. I got my Z30 3 days after the announcement day. That's because I live at the arse end of Canada (at least that's the way it feels when it comes to shipping) .

Based on that I ordered my passport early on launch day from shop BlackBerry. Arrived 3 days later (business days that is)

Posted via CB10
    Exactly the same as I did after the Z30. At the time I was fed up Rogers flip flopping over the Z30 so I bough it from Telus and bought an unlock code online. This time I ordered it from BlackBerry when I saw that they were selling it on launch day. I'm only with Rogers because it is a business account deal through my wife's employer and we each have a grandfathered 6GB data plan.

Posted via CB10 on a PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-03-14 11:08 PM
    Picked up my passport today and I am loving it! However it is taking some time to get used to. I really think they should have left the normal keyboard, but who knows, maybe I will get used to this.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 01:48 AM
    Picked up my passport today and I am loving it! However it is taking some time to get used to. I really think they should have left the normal keyboard, but who knows, maybe I will get used to this.

Posted via CB10
    The forth row of keys on a normal keyboard is just the alt,uppercase,symbol,space,etc. The typing of letters and words has always been on three rows. The space bar placement and using the screen to select all symbols and numbers is the only thing to get used to.
    10-04-14 05:17 AM
    Rogers does ship on Saturdays but you've had to have requested that.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 06:07 AM
    I'm not sure if this was posted before. I called a few Rogers Plus stores and got different answers. Finally spoke to a manager and she told me only "select" Rogers Plus stores will be selling the Passport. So if the Rogers Plus near you are telling you that you have to pre-order online and have it shipped to their store, they are correct. It's pretty damn sad considering Rogers had an excellent relationship with BlackBerry back in the Curve and Bold days. And now they're sleeping with Apple. Rogers still have the most BlackBerry users and to treat us like this is insulting. I voiced my opinion on twitter and told them please do not treat BlackBerry users any less than iPhone or Android users.
    They thanked me for my feedback, but it will probably go no where.

Having said that, I'm glad TELUS is doing right by BlackBerry. Way to support a great Canadian manufacturer. And I hope TELUS takes the number one spot one day. Rogers is feeling too comfortable at the top, IMO.
    I often wonder what the hell did rogers do to muck up this relationship with BlackBerry to NOT get the exclusive. It started with the z30 and rogers drew the line in the sand then.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 06:10 AM
    I would call Rogers again to make sure it's noted on your account.
    With rogers the ALWAYS get an interaction Id number and that is your only recourse if the account goes haywire.

The past few days I was very frustrated as well and spoke with retentions on the possibility of doing a direct order. Either way I was doing a new line activation,cashing in rewards points,requesting a price match and making a few cancellations to 2 services on my account.

Ps folks,future shop still has the telus passport listed at 200$ till Oct 9th so get yer price match.

I also got a logix bluetooth stereo drum as a free promo as well.

I also converted my rocket stick to a voice line and got another further 50$ credit by loyalties.
    So with tax the pp is costing me 120$ so there was ABSOLUTELY NO INCENTIVE to go to Telus.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 06:20 AM
    Don't ask me where i work I have no connections in sales or customer care... I am just an n/w engg guy.
    Are you a PEng? Otherwise using the title "engineer" can land you and your employer in serious legal trouble. In Canada the title of engineer is restricted.
    10-04-14 07:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    Agreed however I pretty much love the accuracy of the touch hybrid key board,best invent and technology.

It's hyper fast and I like the positioning of the tiles on the main screen.

However for me it feels a tad un-wieldly. I wear business attire and it only fits in the back of my dress pants without struggle to pull out of front pockets. So for me a holster case would be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 07:22 AM
    Picked mine up at Rogers store today...got the free BT speaker...loving my very innovative Passport! The hybrid keyboard is fascinating...always seems to know my next move.

BlackBerry Passport: posted via CB10
    10-04-14 08:26 AM
    I often wonder what the hell did rogers do to muck up this relationship with BlackBerry to NOT get the exclusive. It started with the z30 and rogers drew the line in the sand then.

Posted via CB10
    All Rogers cares about is numbers. The Z10 and Q10 didn't sell that well, so that's what started the whole Z30 and not carrying it.
    The bottom line is, Rogers still has the most active BlackBerry users and they need to be careful with how they treat BlackBerry moving forward.
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-04-14 02:13 PM
    Picked mine up at Rogers store today...got the free BT speaker...loving my very innovative Passport! The hybrid keyboard is fascinating...always seems to know my next move.

BlackBerry Passport: posted via CB10
    Sorry not sure if I missed something, is there a promo for the free BT speaker..? I'm picking mine up tomorrow and would love a free speaker
    10-04-14 02:14 PM
    Meh, their network is the best for reception and call quality I find so I'm not going anywhere as much as they **** me off. BlackBerry didn't sell well with their last batch of phones. Rogers made a business decision and it didn't work out. No ones fault really except the ****** who ran BlackBerry into the ground almost.
    10-04-14 02:16 PM
    With rogers the ALWAYS get an interaction Id number and that is your only recourse if the account goes haywire.

The past few days I was very frustrated as well and spoke with retentions on the possibility of doing a direct order. Either way I was doing a new line activation,cashing in rewards points,requesting a price match and making a few cancellations to 2 services on my account.

Ps folks,future shop still has the telus passport listed at 200$ till Oct 9th so get yer price match.

I also got a logix bluetooth stereo drum as a free promo as well.

I also converted my rocket stick to a voice line and got another further 50$ credit by loyalties.
    So with tax the pp is costing me 120$ so there was ABSOLUTELY NO INCENTIVE to go to Telus.

Posted via CB10
    Oh yes. I've learned from the past that you always get an interaction number. And you ask the rep to read what they wrote before hanging up. They could write anything they want. But getting them to read it to you, the calls are recorded, so you're covered.

I'm glad you got a better plan with Rogers. I agree with you. I have 2 wicked plans with Rogers and TELUS can't even come close to
    matching it. But I can't do any HUP's because I will lose my grandfathered plans. So I just buy my phones outright. No big deal.
    10-04-14 02:17 PM
    Didn't know that. I've been on Telus for years now and have the same plan as I did in 2007!!!! Had to change it then when I upgraded to a "smart" phone.

Last upgrade they wanted me to change the plan but I was fully paid out of my last device and I asked "so what's motivating me to stay with you guys? " the rep said "I don't know" I said "me neither " and they let me keep my plan. Haahhaa

Posted via CB10
    The deal with TELUS is if you want to do a HUP, your bill must be $70 before taxes. So, if you have the 6gb promo plan for $65, all you have to do is add a $5 add on and you're good to go. Rogers and Bell on the other hand wants your right kidney and some blood. J/K. LOL.

Nice convo with TELUS you had there. haha. I'm glad you were able to keep your plan.
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-04-14 02:20 PM
    Oh yes. I've learned from the past that you always get an interaction number. And you ask the rep to read what they wrote before hanging up. They could write anything they want. But getting them to read it to you, the calls are recorded, so you're covered.

I'm glad you got a better plan with Rogers. I agree with you. I have 2 wicked plans with Rogers and TELUS can't even come close to
    matching it. But I can't do any HUP's because I will lose my grandfathered plans. So I just buy my phones outright. No big deal.
    Yes cuz if they promise you a credit or otherwise there's no recourse if the agent did not apply.
    I came to these terms in my previous post due to a convo I had with retentions. I have a rocket stick and a tablet which are month to month and I was gonna cancel but I did one of them and the other I converted from data share to a voice share on a 2yr term. I had them price match to futureshop and apply my rewards points. All in all the agent whomever I spoke with did it for the agent at the store while I was picking up my device. It was cool.

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 10-05-14 at 06:01 AM.
    10-04-14 02:27 PM
    Yes cuz if they promise you a credit or otherwise there's no recourse if the agent did not apply.
    I came to these terms in my previous post due to a convo I had with retentions. I have a rocket stick and a tablet which are month to month and I was gonna cancel but I did one of them and the other I converted from data share to a voice share on a 2yr term. I had them price match to futureshop and apply my rewards points. All in all the agent whomeverbi spoke with did it for the agent at the store while I was picking up my device. It was cool.

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    I've learned from having to escalate to the Office of the President. That's how bad it got. I'm glad things worked out for you.

I hope the Passport works out for me (whenever I get it). I have small hands and that's the BIG concern. I did actually leave BlackBerry after trying the Z10 and Q10 and miss the features on BBOS. But after reading that a lot of the features of BBOS will be on BB10, I want to give BB10 another try. I have been a long time BB user, since the Curve days. Heck I had the "Blueberry", LOL. But I had a lot of issues with my Bold 9900 and switched to Android. And I can tell you, there are days where I want to chuck my Samsung Galaxy S5 out the window! This phone is a memory hog! I've done just as much battery pulls on my S5 than I did on the Bold 9000. If anyone remembers, the Bold 9000 suffered some serious memory leak.

So for rambling. I truly hope the Passport is my ticket back to BlackBerry.
    10-04-14 02:41 PM
    I've learned from having to escalate to the Office of the President. That's how bad it got. I'm glad things worked out for you.

I hope the Passport works out for me (whenever I get it). I have small hands and that's the BIG concern. I did actually leave BlackBerry after trying the Z10 and Q10 and miss the features on BBOS. But after reading that a lot of the features of BBOS will be on BB10, I want to give BB10 another try. I have been a long time BB user, since the Curve days. Heck I had the "Blueberry", LOL. But I had a lot of issues with my Bold 9900 and switched to Android. And I can tell you, there are days where I want to chuck my Samsung Galaxy S5 out the window! This phone is a memory hog! I've done just as much battery pulls on my S5 than I did on the Bold 9000. If anyone remembers, the Bold 9000 suffered some serious memory leak.

So for rambling. I truly hope the Passport is my ticket back to BlackBerry.
    I really like to hear all of that, it's unfortunate for Samsung, but I like to hear that BlackBerry still has the edge in some categories (it doesn't have memory leaks in BB10 since it's based on the secure QNX kernel and if the app tries to take too much it force-ends the process)
    Hope your second time around is a better experience!
    10-04-14 02:45 PM
    Sorry not sure if I missed something, is there a promo for the free BT speaker..? I'm picking mine up tomorrow and would love a free speaker
    Yes. I got a free one as well

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632!!!!!
    10-04-14 02:45 PM
    Yes. I got a free one as well

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632!!!!!
    So I just mention, "Hey can I have my free BT speaker?" :\ :P
    10-04-14 02:49 PM
    I really like to hear all of that, it's unfortunate for Samsung, but I like to hear that BlackBerry still has the edge in some categories (it doesn't have memory leaks in BB10 since it's based on the secure QNX kernel and if the app tries to take too much it force-ends the process)
    Hope your second time around is a better experience!
    Well, it's really Samsung's fault for not putting 3GB of RAM on the S5, knowing TouchWIZ is so heavy and they added more apps on the S5 as oppose to their previous models. It doesn't matter what I do, I'm only left with less than 500mb of RAM and I have to do a battery pull.
    But yes, I truly hope the Passport works out for me. I played around with one at a TELUS store and was blown away by the screen, the build quality and how snappy it was. The Passport is a speed demon and I can honestly say, from all the Androids I have gone through currently, no Android on the market beats the Passport in terms of speed. I'm sure there's other categories, but I would have to use a BB10 to compare.
    10-04-14 03:05 PM
    Well, it's really Samsung's fault for not putting 3GB of RAM on the S5, knowing TouchWIZ is so heavy and they added more apps on the S5 as oppose to their previous models. It doesn't matter what I do, I'm only left with less than 500mb of RAM and I have to do a battery pull.
    But yes, I truly hope the Passport works out for me. I played around with one at a TELUS store and was blown away by the screen, the build quality and how snappy it was. The Passport is a speed demon and I can honestly say, from all the Androids I have gone through currently, no Android on the market beats the Passport in terms of speed. I'm sure there's other categories, but I would have to use a BB10 to compare.

That's all
    10-04-14 03:07 PM
577 ... 1213141516 ...