Congrats to all the guys that have received their devices and enjoy them. All of us that havent received them are envious.
    Okay unfortunately as a university student I just can't justify it despite how much I want that X_X I'll just have to wish until Sunday -.-

So, if you do want to know if they got any beforehand, feel free to give them a call! Edinburgh location next to Stone Road mall! :P

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    10-03-14 03:38 PM
    I called them and they said they have nothing

Posted via CrackBerry App
    10-03-14 03:42 PM
    Glad to see everyone Chill'n out a bit

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss BlackBerry Passport!!!
    10-03-14 03:45 PM
    I called them and they said they have nothing

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Oh sorry! Did you pre-order? :s

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    10-03-14 03:56 PM
    Hi All,
    just to let you know... I got mine

Rogers Plus store
    Downtown Canada (Toronto west end)
    Reserved (#44)
    Got the "Congrats" txt last night like some already posted.
    Been showing "In Progress" for a while.
    No Email
    No Phone Call

I decided to call myself since I had the time.

At first the guy didn't know what I was talking about, thought I needed to pick up a BB from repair. The name BB almost sounded alien to him. I had to restate that I was waiting to pick up a New BB that was Reserved under my name. He said hold on as he was going to checked the back.... no BB came in, only iPhones came in.

1 hr later, I get a phone call.

The BB Passsport was in.

This was around 2pm today.

He brought it out, put the box on the counter and asked what is this ....

... its a new BB phone I replied.... don't you know what time it is?
    we laughed
    he smiled and nodded, said "oh ok, I got you" and proceeded to do his thing

He didn't know what size sim... had to tell him it was a Nano...... he got one asap.

As he was about to finish, he asked if I wanted it setup. I said we should be fine, now that the sim is scanned in I'm good to go. I asked if all I have to do is put the SIM in to complete the setup...and he confirmed yes, that is all.

He went on to say the reason he asked was just so he could open the box and see this thing.

I said sure ... go ahead.

Once he saw it... he was "oh wow, BB has stepped it up"

He called over the other employees to check it out.

One guy knew of it. Said many people have been calling and asking about it. Said it looks nice and feels solid.

A few others in line were looking.

It is not as big I thought, buttons feel great.

Reading all the posts and seeing the screen shots of the special characters and how this would take up screen realestate and it supposedly not as efficient as the Q, the ALT key, etc... I wondered how it would be.... but seeing this in action, this is a Great Idea. Saves so much time having them readily available and not having to press shift/alt key. This is much better.

Back to setting it up.

Hope you all get yours soon.

FYI...Still showing "In Progress"

lol
    10-03-14 04:05 PM
    Ok so yes I got a text yesterday at around 445pm pac time and I got it today at my local downtown store promptly. So all in all I'm impressed with how fast I got it and typing on it now. This BlackBerry is a beast of a device and it's incredible.

Sending out some prayers for the BlackBerry gods to ship to your guys asap.

So pretty much got it the next day. It was sent to a rogers plus Corp store so not sure if they have priority?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 04:10 PM
    Hi All,
    just to let you know... I got mine

Rogers Plus store
    Downtown Canada (Toronto west end)
    Reserved (#44)
    Got the "Congrats" txt last night like some already posted.
    Been showing "In Progress" for a while.
    No Email
    No Phone Call

I decided to call myself since I had the time.

At first the guy didn't know what I was talking about, thought I needed to pick up a BB from repair. The name BB almost sounded alien to him. I had to restate that I was waiting to pick up a New BB that was Reserved under my name. He said hold on as he was going to checked the back.... no BB came in, only iPhones came in.

1 hr later, I get a phone call.

The BB Passsport was in.

This was around 2pm today.

He brought it out, put the box on the counter and asked what is this ....

... its a new BB phone I replied.... don't you know what time it is?
    we laughed
    he smiled and nodded, said "oh ok, I got you" and proceeded to do his thing

He didn't know what size sim... had to tell him it was a Nano...... he got one asap.

As he was about to finish, he asked if I wanted it setup. I said we should be fine, now that the sim is scanned in I'm good to go. I asked if all I have to do is put the SIM in to complete the setup...and he confirmed yes, that is all.

He went on to say the reason he asked was just so he could open the box and see this thing.

I said sure ... go ahead.

Once he saw it... he was "oh wow, BB has stepped it up"

He called over the other employees to check it out.

One guy knew of it. Said many people have been calling and asking about it. Said it looks nice and feels solid.

A few others in line were looking.

It is not as big I thought, buttons feel great.

Reading all the posts and seeing the screen shots of the special characters and how this would take up screen realestate and it supposedly not as efficient as the Q, the ALT key, etc... I wondered how it would be.... but seeing this in action, this is a Great Idea. Saves so much time having them readily available and not having to press shift/alt key. This is much better.

Back to setting it up.

Hope you all get yours soon.

FYI...Still showing "In Progress"

lol
    Exactly the same here except I haven't been able to pick mine up yet! They have it reserved for 7 days though so I'm good to grab it Sunday :P

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    10-03-14 04:19 PM
    I did pre-order but its a business pre-order and those haven't really shipped. They started with the consumer orders.
    10-03-14 04:23 PM
    I did pre-order but its a business pre-order and those haven't really shipped. They started with the consumer orders.
    Oh strange, from what I've heard both started shipping and they're following the list in priority of who ordered first?

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    10-03-14 05:06 PM
    Omg I love this phone!!!

Posted via the BlackBerry Passport
    10-03-14 05:09 PM
    Omg I love this phone!!!

Posted via the BlackBerry Passport
    Agreed it's what a BlackBerry device should have been eons ago.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 05:14 PM
    Glad to see everyone Chill'n out a bit

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss BlackBerry Passport!!!
    Yes yes yes!

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    10-03-14 05:15 PM
    Well even though I have one coming into rogers under reservation.... I just read in another thread that there's a promo code for shopblackberry.com and they are 'in stock' (back ordered, shipping Oct 6) so I just ordered one with a hard shell for $641.80 taxes and shipping included.
    10-03-14 05:18 PM
    I love this thing!!!! I picked my reserved PP at royal York and bloor. I asked how many were reserved at that location. They said two but many were calling and asking about it. They were only doing reserved devices. I'm sure Rogers Chris may have had something to do with that lol. Still getting the hang of typing. It's awesome!

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632!!!!!
    10-03-14 06:06 PM
    Only reserved passports out there. No stock any where. I didn't bother reserving cuz I didn't think I had too. BlackBerry simply didn't make enough of them. Few Rogers employees said they think BlackBerry doesn't really care to stock up with Rogers. (I didn't reserve one because I know a manager that was holding one for me on arrival, he hasn't gotten his shipment he ordered awhile ago) so I'm SOL for awhile
    10-03-14 08:47 PM
    Still no stock anywhere. Great. Why am I supporting Rogers when they do not support BlackBerry. I am not reserving one online.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 09:05 PM
    So although my status changed this morning from "pre-fulfillment" to "activation," nothing else has happened. Nothing shipped as far as I know.
    10-03-14 09:06 PM
    Still no stock anywhere. Great. Why am I supporting Rogers when they do not support BlackBerry. I am not reserving one online.

Posted via CB10
    For the next week, that's the only way you'll get it from Rogers sir. Bell customers are still completely SOL so we're a least slightly in a better situation :P
    May as well do the reservation, it doesn't actually cost you anything and it goes to whatever store you want \:|/
    10-03-14 09:08 PM
    For the next week, that's the only way you'll get it from Rogers sir. Bell customers are still completely SOL so we're a least slightly in a better situation :P
    May as well do the reservation, it doesn't actually cost you anything and it goes to whatever store you want \:|/
    I honestly hate the telecom industry in Canada. There is no competition. I went to Telus to switch over from Rogers but the sales lady at Telus could only offer me their advertised rate plans, which would cost me 34 extra a month for the same plan I have now. I asked if there was any incentive for me to switch over, or anything they could do to entice me over from Rogers and she said no there isn't. So my options are to buy one off contract, or sit and wait like a schmuck while Rogers fills their orders 50 devices at a time. I am so turned off by this whole process.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-03-14 09:18 PM
    I honestly hate the telecom industry in Canada. There is no competition. I went to Telus to switch over from Rogers but the sales lady at Telus could only offer me their advertised rate plans, which would cost me 34 extra a month for the same plan I have now. I asked if there was any incentive for me to switch over, or anything they could do to entice me over from Rogers and she said no there isn't. So my options are to buy one off contract, or sit and wait like a schmuck while Rogers fills their orders 50 devices at a time. I am so turned off by this whole process.
    It's unfortunate I completely agree. I can't remember what the incentive actually was, but I remember when I was calling them to see what switching to them might get me, etc, that they actually have a switching incentive, but it's only available by calling in. I'm not saying go switch to them because I'm pretty sure it wasn't a big one, but it's a little. Honestly the industry in Canada is just so monopolized and it's awful. . .
    10-03-14 09:27 PM
    They are all in bed with each other. Their plans change on exactly the same day. Their priced go up on exactly same day. How can three separate companies all just happen to decide to raise prices at EXACTLY the same time if there isn't price fixing. There is no competition like the USA. It's like they are one big company with three separate parts to appease the gov. Is ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 09:33 PM
    I'm not sure if this was posted before. I called a few Rogers Plus stores and got different answers. Finally spoke to a manager and she told me only "select" Rogers Plus stores will be selling the Passport. So if the Rogers Plus near you are telling you that you have to pre-order online and have it shipped to their store, they are correct. It's pretty damn sad considering Rogers had an excellent relationship with BlackBerry back in the Curve and Bold days. And now they're sleeping with Apple. Rogers still have the most BlackBerry users and to treat us like this is insulting. I voiced my opinion on twitter and told them please do not treat BlackBerry users any less than iPhone or Android users.
    They thanked me for my feedback, but it will probably go no where.

Having said that, I'm glad TELUS is doing right by BlackBerry. Way to support a great Canadian manufacturer. And I hope TELUS takes the number one spot one day. Rogers is feeling too comfortable at the top, IMO.
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-03-14 09:35 PM
    They are all in bed with each other. Their plans change on exactly the same day. Their priced go up on exactly same day. How can three separate companies all just happen to decide to raise prices at EXACTLY the same time if there isn't price fixing. There is no competition like the USA. It's like they are one big company with three separate parts to appease the gov. Is ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    That is so true. However at least TELUS is not forcing their customers to pick a new plan when they do a HUP. Rogers and Bell are forcing
    their customers to pick a new plan, so basically you lose your grandfathered plan, if you want a subsidized phone. IMO, that's criminal and the CRTC really needs to step in.
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-03-14 09:40 PM
    That is so true. However at least TELUS is not forcing their customers to pick a new plan when they do a HUP. Rogers and Bell are forcing
    their customers to pick a new plan, so basically you lose your grandfathered plan, if you want a subsidized phone. IMO, that's criminal and the CRTC really needs to step in.
    I tripled confirmed with Rogers CS that I do not lose my plan. If they make me change my plan, I am out.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 09:44 PM
    Didn't know that. I've been on Telus for years now and have the same plan as I did in 2007!!!! Had to change it then when I upgraded to a "smart" phone.

Last upgrade they wanted me to change the plan but I was fully paid out of my last device and I asked "so what's motivating me to stay with you guys? " the rep said "I don't know" I said "me neither " and they let me keep my plan. Haahhaa

Posted via CB10
    SharonRD likes this.
    10-03-14 09:51 PM
577 ... 1112131415 ...