I wonder if part of the problem is Rogers not making an advance order with BlackBerry and relying on the device reservation system instead. For example, Rogers tells BlackBerry, "no we will not preorder a bunch of the Passport, but will give you an order once we get an idea of the demand via our device reservation system." Since the device reservation system did not have the passport until just recently, Rogers may have been too late to order to get access to the amount they needed. In other words, last Friday or this Monday, Rogers puts in an order, BlackBerry says we do not have enough to fill that order because a lot of the units have gone out to Telus, Amazon, ShopBlackBerry Customers, and Bell.
    I didn't want to add fuel to the fire, but what I have been told was that Rogers didn't place a very large order at all. So it may have been a combination of things.

All things said Rogers screwed up royally, and I hold bb accountable as well.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    thymaster likes this.
    10-03-14 08:09 AM
    My reservation spot just changed to number 96 from 188. Initially I was 188 out of 322, last night it was 187 out of 370.

Today is 96 out of 285.

10-03-14 08:18 AM
    So yesterdays text message saying the "item has shipped" also said "see email for details". I have not been sent a new email with details. Has anyone received an email with details that the text message said we should have? Why did the text message say "see email for details" and no email was sent? I would like to see the details the text message was speaking of. Anyone have a screen shot of the new email?
    Seriously, calm down man.
    They already acknowledged that the emails may not come and that your device will likely be in store and they'll call you when they get it. If you don't get the call today, take a deep breathe and they should have it by Monday.
    After that, then blame them

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    10-03-14 08:31 AM
    I didn't want to add fuel to the fire, but what I have been told was that Rogers didn't place a very large order at all. So it may have been a combination of things.

All things said Rogers screwed up royally, and I hold bb accountable as well.

Rogers did in fact, order few units.
    This was in direct responce to the underwhelming sales of the z10, q10, and z30.
    Rogers was stuck with plenty of unsold z10's and were not going to get burned again.

So yes, you can blame rogers, but really it's the market's fault. This is how business works....

I'll compare it to something we all have to deal with, groceries...
    If you are continually throwing out food at the end of the week, are you going to continue to buy that same amount, or perhaps reduce your order?

Maybe one week you actually don't have enough food, but that doesn't mean you are going to go out next week and double your purchase....

What they should have maybe done was put up the online reservation system far earlier, to allow enough time to gauge interest and order an appropriate amount.

At the end of the day, THIS IS A PHONE, you've made it this far without it, you can make it a little further.
    10-03-14 08:31 AM
    My reservation spot just changed to number 96 from 188. Initially I was 188 out of 322, last night it was 187 out of 370.

Today is 96 out of 285.

That's a good sign! At least the numbers are going in the right direction.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 08:32 AM
    I was 7 out of 300 something on the business queue. My status on the page has changed from in progress pre-fulfillment to in progress activation.

Posted via CB10
    nomi1978 likes this.
    10-03-14 08:33 AM
    Lets be 100% clear. THIS IS ROGERS - not Blackberry. I visited 3 Telus stores on launch day and they all knew everything about the Passport, had accessories and were trained.

Rogers has been a complete fail on all Blackberry devices since the Z10 launch. They are useless unless it is iPhone or Samsung.
    I visited a Telus store on launch day and the only thing they had was "fake" unit to approximate the size as a display. The clerk while friendly and interested learned more from me about the Passport than he could glean from the computer. He looked it up and told me it was expandable by up to 64GB with an SD card, I corrected him and mentioned that it's now at least 128GB due to the technology that allows this.

If it makes anyone feel any better.. the Rogers reservation system says an employee at my company is #108 of about 1000 people who were waiting for the iPhone 6+ that I ordered for him on the 12-Sep-14. It still says "in process" (although it never mentioned "in shipping process" he started out at #132 was 111 a few days earlier during a previous check to this most recent one. I think he moved up due to cancellations. It's very frustrating to not have an approximate fulfillment date based on inventory etc.
    10-03-14 08:36 AM
    I was 7 out of 300 something on the business queue. My status on the page has changed from in progress pre-fulfillment to in progress activation.

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully you end up with it soon, maybe even today. i am going to hit a few stores and try to see if i can get one in the area. If not I can make it through another few days without a phone.
    10-03-14 08:40 AM
    Yeah, would be nice, but I don't expect it today. I'm using a Z10, so I'm still happy. Happier to see Passport progress at Rogers. Really impressed with Chris at Rogers coming on here.

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R and jwtdavis like this.
    10-03-14 08:42 AM
    Happier to see Passport progress at Rogers. Really impressed with Chris at Rogers coming on here.

Posted via CB10
    This

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 08:59 AM
    Rogers did in fact, order few units.
    This was in direct responce to the underwhelming sales of the z10, q10, and z30.
    Rogers was stuck with plenty of unsold z10's and were not going to get burned again.

So yes, you can blame rogers, but really it's the market's fault. This is how business works....

I'll compare it to something we all have to deal with, groceries...
    If you are continually throwing out food at the end of the week, are you going to continue to buy that same amount, or perhaps reduce your order?

Maybe one week you actually don't have enough food, but that doesn't mean you are going to go out next week and double your purchase....

What they should have maybe done was put up the online reservation system far earlier, to allow enough time to gauge interest and order an appropriate amount.

At the end of the day, THIS IS A PHONE, you've made it this far without it, you can make it a little further.
    But then telus would have freaked for not given the exclusive.

Posted by CB10 / STA100-5 10.2.1.2977
    10-03-14 09:17 AM
    i hope i get it today to as im going away and would love to take it with me !!
    Hopefully you end up with it soon, maybe even today. i am going to hit a few stores and try to see if i can get one in the area. If not I can make it through another few days without a phone.
    10-03-14 09:27 AM
    But then telus would have freaked for not given the exclusive.

Reserving a future device wouldn't violate exclusive.
    Rogers started taking reservations before Oct 1.
    10-03-14 09:30 AM
    i hope i get it today to as im going away and would love to take it with me !!
    Same here! I really wanna get going with it!

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    10-03-14 09:32 AM
    as anybody heard got or received an email with shipping status other then "in progress" or a text saying the shipping process has begun?
    10-03-14 09:38 AM
    as anybody heard got or received an email with shipping status other then "in progress" or a text saying the shipping process has begun?
    Got the text everyone else got saying to look at my email, however, no dice on getting the actual email...
    10-03-14 09:39 AM
    I called Rogers sales department about 45 mins ago. Rep was said he has it in stock and he shipped it out to me. Said I should have it in 3-5 days. Just offering another avenue to those like myself who are anxious to have the device in hand.

Great weekend to all!
    rukdngme likes this.
    10-03-14 09:39 AM
    I called Rogers sales department about 45 mins ago. Rep was said he has it in stock and he shipped it out to me. Said I should have it in 3-5 days. Just offering another avenue to those like myself who are anxious to have the device in hand.

Great weekend to all!
    Had you already reserved it?
    10-03-14 09:41 AM
    thats a standard response that you will have it in 3-5 days. I was told the same thing even when I pre-ordered the phone.
    10-03-14 09:43 AM
    thats a standard response that you will have it in 3-5 days. I was told the same thing even when I pre-ordered the phone.
    I'm just curious to see if he just skipped the reservation line (there's people still posting that they are in waiting line and still have a # in the queue)
    10-03-14 09:47 AM
    I had a reservation in for it to be delivered to a Rogers Plus in my area. I had to cancel that.
    10-03-14 09:51 AM
    I had a reservation in for it to be delivered to a Rogers Plus in my area. I had to cancel that.
    Okay that makes a lot more sense :P
    10-03-14 09:52 AM
    Nada still shows "in progress " but I did get the aforementioned text notice saying it was shipped yesterday around 445pm pac time but everyone I'm this first lit did as well fr what I gathered on here in this forum.

10-03-14 10:58 AM
    Those of you in ON (or further East) - what are you hearing today? Are your devices showing up in store today?

Posted on my Q10
    10-03-14 10:59 AM
    Those of you in ON (or further East) - what are you hearing today? Are your devices showing up in store today?

Posted on my Q10
    Have yet to hear a peep in Guelph or Waterloo...
    10-03-14 11:02 AM
577 ... 89101112 ...