It's a phone yes, but I think (hope) that most people here were excited to help with the Passport buzz. Canadians love a good comeback you know ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Might just be me, but I loved that Ad! :P
    10-02-14 08:40 PM
    I want my phone where is it Rogers
    10-02-14 08:42 PM
    Wow that is pretty sad on that Rogers reps behalf... Did you get their name? Honestly if they don't get in some sort of s*** for that, that's pretty sad on Rogers part
    Dealers don't give a crap! Time and time again and they are the most misinformed bunch out of all dealer channels in the Rogers chain of command.
    No use reporting it, it'll get brushed under the table like most issues.

Posted by CB10 / STA100-5 10.2.1.2977
    thymaster likes this.
    10-02-14 08:42 PM
    Dealers don't give a crap! Time and time again and they are the most misinformed bunch out of all dealer channels in the Rogers chain of command.
    No use reporting it, it'll get brushed under the table like most issues.

Posted by CB10 / STA100-5 10.2.1.2977
    Okay then report it to BlackBerry so they can deal with it accordingly. They have standards for which dealers are supposed to follow..
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-02-14 08:47 PM
    First off I'd like to thank Chris for coming on our forums and weathering the storm of cranky crackberry lovers...but how does a company like Rogers which is one of the biggest in Canada post a date which hardware will be available and not follow through..i mean they should of had phones shipped to stores on September 30th to be available for October 1st..which makes me think they knew all along the phones won't be available to be purchased on the 1st because they should have had stock in their possession way before the 1st cause I'm sure Telus had the phones a day or two before it was announced...there now I feel better lol

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 09:07 PM
    It's national, I can't imagine how anyone reserving after you would have a lower number. And I expect SOME customers should start receiving their reserved devices tomorrow...and I know I'm going to hear about it if anyone doesn't.

must be a glitch in the system perhaps.....I'm listed as #1. Maybe you want to triple check that "it's national" comment as you could be unknowingly spreading wrong info?
    10-02-14 09:16 PM
    Well thanks, I appreciate you saying that. I'm not the overly sensitive type so don't worry about it (working in social media at Rogers for 4 years as of this week has thickened my skin!)

I just want to be clear that nobody is lying or intending to deceive anyone. I have the best of intentions when relaying information. I trust the information I'm given, and even if it's not always what someone wants to hear, it's the truth. Yesterday, I don't think I lied to anyone but I definitely shared information that was wrong, inaccurate, incorrect, whatever (and totally understand that you did feel like you were lied to so don't think I wouldn't have reacted the same if the roles were reversed!)

And thanks everyone for being decent about this. I'm doing this tonight because I felt pretty lousy about how this was handled yesterday, and instead of sending a bunch of tweets I figured I should go straight to the source. Plus my Twitter avatar was all over this thread so I couldn't not respond!
    Also I apologize for calling you a Dbag. I thought you were some fake automated twitter account lol so again, sorry man
    Outrunner, rukdngme and vpblaze like this.
    10-02-14 09:26 PM
    Rogers_Chris is doing the very best he can with the information available to him. Marketing at head office was probably relaying memos within the company that were inaccurate. In business, you cannot say, "We have received notification that the shipments are en route but don't know if this is actually the case." He has to trust that internal memos are accurate. We all do this at work. Some of you were ganging up on Rogers_Chris and that was just cold. By the way, I'm a Fido customer and we are not even getting the phone.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10.
    10-02-14 09:52 PM
    And to Rogers_Chris, thank-you for taking the time to address this issue. Your sincerity is appreciated. You actually came to our forums to help us out and that is exceptional customer care. That was really cool of you. Thanks.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-02-14 10:06 PM
    I picked mine up from a Telus store. Just tell them that others have bought of contact and be firm. Commission kills

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I should have bought one from TELUS. The store I was dealing with got a second shipment on Monday, Sept. 29th and had plenty in stock.
    I'm sure they're sold out now. Damn Rogers!
    10-02-14 10:23 PM
    Okay then report it to BlackBerry so they can deal with it accordingly. They have standards for which dealers are supposed to follow..
    dealers have a different ball game, unless it's corp store then yes something can be done. Ive worked for Rogers and ive seen dealers lie and cheat because customer care has to deal with the customer after the fact. Dealers really are a league of their own and yes there are company rules/regulations to follow. Its clearly not level. Two rogers wireless dealers I spoke to today said to me over the phone that ROGERS is not getting the passport. I HUNG up.
    thymaster likes this.
    10-02-14 11:08 PM
    Rogers_Chris came into a hornets nest. Didn't have to...but he did. Thanks Chris. Phone launch bs aside. Appreciate your efforts.

I've got nothing new to add beyond what's been posted already.
    Failed launch
    Misleading dates
    Still no answers.
    Too much confusion.
    Reservation system that's apparently failing...imo these orders should've been filled first since orders were taken in Sept.

Anyway...
    If you find a way to pass this #fail up the chain of command, not sure it'll do anything but I for one would appreciate it.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    10-02-14 11:26 PM
    Absolutely none of my friends or co-workers even heard of the passport that's why it's so surprising to me these are hard to find. They look at mine and say wtf?

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 11:40 PM
    dealers have a different ball game, unless it's corp store then yes something can be done. Ive worked for Rogers and ive seen dealers lie and cheat because customer care has to deal with the customer after the fact. Dealers really are a league of their own and yes there are company rules/regulations to follow. Its clearly not level. Two rogers wireless dealers I spoke to today said to me over the phone that ROGERS is not getting the passport. I HUNG up.
    Sorry just to clarify, by Dealers we are speaking of say, Rogers Plus stores etc, right?
    10-03-14 12:40 AM
    I just move from rogers to Telus about 2 hours ago to get my new BlackBerry passport I'm loving the move

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 01:09 AM
    I'm sorry but if I don't get it today after receiving a message saying it was shipped yesterday then every explanation was in vain
    10-03-14 01:37 AM
    I'm sorry but if I don't get it today after receiving a message saying it was shipped yesterday then every explanation was in vain
    No offense, but stop complaining. Go wash the sand out, your insistent whining is annoying.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, Pdinos3 and reeneebob like this.
    10-03-14 01:46 AM
    This MUST be an internal Rogers problem cause the Bell store in the mall waaaaay up here in northern Alberta has Passports on display and for sale today.

FutureShop and BestBuy both said won't have till tomorrow though as that's when they get their next shipment. They do have a couple of Telus ones tho.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    10-03-14 01:54 AM
    BUHC, I can understand your frustration but seriously.. do you think randomly 'talking' to Rogers here is going to make anything happen? Go call CS and escalate on them. No one here is going to magically process your order.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, Pdinos3 and reeneebob like this.
    10-03-14 02:13 AM
    Ouch.

tl;dr Blackberry didn’t deliver our full order on time –that’s why there’s been a delay in getting them out to our retail stores.
    Wow, playing the blaming game. I can't believe the level of professionalism that Rogers have employed. I bet you blame everyone around you when things doesn't work out your way.
    10-03-14 02:51 AM
    BUHC, I can understand your frustration but seriously.. do you think randomly 'talking' to Rogers here is going to make anything happen? Go call CS and escalate on them. No one here is going to magically process your order.

Posted via CB10
    I've been doing that
    10-03-14 05:18 AM
    So yesterdays text message saying the "item has shipped" also said "see email for details". I have not been sent a new email with details. Has anyone received an email with details that the text message said we should have? Why did the text message say "see email for details" and no email was sent? I would like to see the details the text message was speaking of. Anyone have a screen shot of the new email?
    10-03-14 06:12 AM
    I received the text but not the email. Sure it will be along soon.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 06:39 AM
    You'll get your Passport soon. Calm down!
    10-03-14 07:44 AM
    I wonder if part of the problem is Rogers not making an advance order with BlackBerry and relying on the device reservation system instead. For example, Rogers tells BlackBerry, "no we will not preorder a bunch of the Passport, but will give you an order once we get an idea of the demand via our device reservation system." Since the device reservation system did not have the passport until just recently, Rogers may have been too late to order to get access to the amount they needed. In other words, last Friday or this Monday, Rogers puts in an order, BlackBerry says we do not have enough to fill that order because a lot of the units have gone out to Telus, Amazon, ShopBlackBerry Customers, and Bell.
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-03-14 07:56 AM
577 ... 7891011 ...