Debatable; I could mount a strong argument proving you are. How? That's simple, you're personally attacking a guy that's only doing his job and relaying the info that he is given, whether it's right information or wrong information. Do you know what kind of people are the only ones that do that? Stupid children that haven't yet been taught manners and maggots. Which one are you?

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. And not just this guy. There's someone else I can think of. *pensive*

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    10-02-14 06:44 PM
    Firstly, I think you're referring to the Rogers Reservation System, so correct me if I'm wrong. The RRS isn't broken into regions, it's national, so your number reflects your position throughout the country for that specific device, make, model, colour, etc.

Second, if you're "In Progress" then it's being shipped. I'd try not to worry about the email if you haven't received it at this point, your store should call you soon to pick up the Passport (fingers crossed).
    I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you here. Either that or your system needs a lot of work. There were people who ordered after me who were further ahead in the line, for the same device, make, model and colour. How does that make sense if it's National?

I ended up cancelling and picking it up from Telus and unlocking it in anticipation of something getting messed up. Thankfully I don't have to regret that decision. I know it's not your fault and I know you're doing your best and it's appreciated. Thanks for coming here to try and clear things up. I'm still happily a Rogers customer (have been for over 10 years) but the way this has been handled needs a proper response from fairly far up the chain in an official manner. Again, your efforts are appreciated. It's definitely better than the zero response we were getting before.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    10-02-14 06:45 PM
    Saying some stores may never get them is a bit extreme.

Is Rogers really switching to the only option of getting them by Reserving them online?

That seems like quite the money grab. The oine reservation fee is $40! Say 1000 people reserve them, that's $40000 Rogers has just taken from its customers because they don't want to ship inventory to stores. That just doesn't seem right.

Posted via CB10
    Vp I'm kinda with you on that and maybe the Telus exclusive was Chen's way of giving the other Carriers a slap on the wrist for pulling BlackBerry devices from stores. Not to mention the lack of in store training on BlackBerry devices so when you went into a Rogers store they weren't trying to turn you into a droid or an isheep. Don't believe me? Call rogers right now. The prompt of their IVR says "if you're calling about the new iphone 6 press 1". Not one mention of the Passport.

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss BlackBerry Passport!!!
    Chris I appreciate you coming here to try and clear things up. Especially amongst some of these folks who need to chill.

Listen though...I have been a Rogers customer since the Cantel Days. I also have a background in telecommunications (sales and marketing), and I get how it's difficult to keep front line staff as it is an extremely fast moving industry. I get how generally after hiring 6 new employee to answer the phones, after 3 months 5 of those new employees are getting the golden handshake out the door. I get how it's difficult to retain all the information that is being thrown at these new employees. In my 6 years that I was in the industry I had pride knowing that I knew my competition inside out, that I was knowledgeable about up and coming products and services. I also understand that Blackberry is now the little fish in the pond compared to the isheep and Droids.

But there is a bunch of people here who love the underdog. People who love the idea of the come back, others who want to support a Canadian Company and some that don't want to follow the crowd and realize how amazing and solid BlackBerry 10 is.

Where am I going with this? Well a week ago Monday when I called Rogers customer service and inquired about the Passport "Margret" was trying to direct me to The Government of Canada (no lie). Today when I spoke to business care the response was "Passport??? Is that the new Blackberry device??"

Nevertheless, my inquiry last week was to get Passport last week off contract, given my experience on the phone with the rep I opted to just buy it from Telus and get it it unlocked. I'm still a Rogers Customer but the rep cost the company a 700 in revenue. Rogers really needs to step up there training and work a little harder at retaining those employees who "get it"!

There isn't anything I can disagree with in what you said. I'm sorry you had to buy the device elsewhere, and I'm sorry we didn't get you a straight answer.

I'm glad you're still a Rogers customer. Thank you, Carjackd.
    Carjackd likes this.
    Just got my shipping notice from Rogers by sms. Finally!

Z30-posted via CB10
    10-02-14 06:46 PM
    What is berating Chris going to get you? You need to take a breath. It's not the end of the world

Posted via CB10
    Right!!! It's a phone guys chill!

10-02-14 06:46 PM
    There isn't anything I can disagree with in what you said. I'm sorry you had to buy the device elsewhere, and I'm sorry we didn't get you a straight answer.

I'm glad you're still a Rogers customer. Thank you, Carjackd.
    No need to apologize, just forward it to the powers that be

10-02-14 06:49 PM
    Thanks Chris for jumping on the forum and providing some information. Some of us are very upset and some more so then others. But this is my 2nd bad experience now and one more then im gone.

Then there are others like me who dont have a phone right now and were banking on the phone being shipped in time.
    10-02-14 06:49 PM
    Chris -

Thanks for the response. Appreciated.
    10-02-14 06:51 PM
    At Telus!!!

Posted via CB10
    At this point I am ready to switch over!
    Guys calm down and read the info.
    Imagine if this was the iPhone launch and everybody waited in line for days and when they opened the doors, staff said that it was still shipping. There would be a riot. Rogers first priority ifor their trucks is the backlog of iPhone orders. Not passport.
    You do realize that they ARE NOT the iPhone right? I do love BlackBerry, always been my #1 choice, and I'm getting this Passport, but you have to realize that their sales figures are so much lower and they can only ship stock based on how much is produced. And that means that BlackBerry can only produce so much extra without confirmation of sales.

I'm in Toronto. I work a block away from the flagship store on bloor and jarvis. I called the location near my house. They didn't have it. Said they'd call when it shows up. Been following what's happening on CB and yes I am disappointed but we all just have to relax. We'll get it soon enough. Can you imagine being in the states?
    God that would be awful, and agree! Everyone just calm down.

Is Rogers really switching to the only option of getting them by Reserving them online?
    That seems like quite the money grab. The oine reservation fee is $40! Say 1000 people reserve them, that's $40000 Rogers has just taken from its customers because they don't want to ship inventory to stores. That just doesn't seem right.
    You do realize that the $40 is just a down payment and if you cancel and/or purchase the device once it arrives, the $40 is applied to your account, meaning you're not actually charged it!
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    10-02-14 06:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Slow your roll, blaze - the $40 "fee" isn't a fee, and is admittedly not well named. The $40 you put down gets credited back to your account, either once you pick up the device, or when you don't pick up the device. From my point of view it doesn't make sense to have it but I'm sure there's some reason it's imposed.

You're right, though, saying some stores may never get them is extreme. I'm going to fully admit I don't know how some devices end up in some stores, so it's probably best I avoid generalizing, but the Passport won't be in every Rogers store in the country, and that's why we want to get people to use the Rogers Reservation System.
    10-02-14 06:53 PM
    Believe me, I wasn't trying to suggest you didn't know how to "go for a drive". The fact was yesterday we were told the device was in "many" stores which obviously wasn't accurate, and at no point did we know which stores had them. So yesterday, for you to say you called 15 stores and visited 3 (if I remember correctly), it's entirely possible none of those stores are ever going to receive stock anyway (though I hope they do). That's why I told you to use the Rogers Reservation System.

In my defence, I can't say on launch day that a new device is available in stores and be 100% sure that's true. Without throwing anyone under the bus, I'll say I wish I had known more yesterday.

You obviously had a bad experience and I'm genuinely sorry for that. If you can't tell, I'm here eating crow because this "launch" didn't launch at all. So consider this my attempt at stepping my game up.
    I appreciate that Chris, I do. I know it's not your fault. Just taking it out on you. I'm patient, I can't wait for a release date I don't mind lol. Just the lying n getting the run around is frustrating. As the recent post suggests, this may be BlackBerry way of messing with Rogers for the way it's treated their devices. I don't mind it cuz they'll get the message. We suffer in the mean time tho
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    10-02-14 06:54 PM
    Finally got my text, it's late yes, but it's way better than later. Glad to finally have some acknowledgement and Chris, on behalf of everyone here and even those who are acting.. aggressive.. I've got to thank you for reaching out to the Crackberry forums!
    Pdinos3 and itzJustMeh like this.
    10-02-14 06:55 PM
    Don't back track too fast you might trip
    10-02-14 06:56 PM
    So Chris, you said consumer orders have been shipped out, what about the business orders. I know there is about another 350 orders on the business side.

If they haven't shipped, when do you expect those to ship?
    10-02-14 06:57 PM
    Thanks Chris. But what about the business reservation queue? If consumers are bring looked after, when are we business reservation holders getting devices shipped out?

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 06:58 PM
    You do realize that the $40 is just a down payment and if you cancel and/or purchase the device once it arrives, the $40 is applied to your account, meaning you're not actually charged it!
    I was under the impression that the $40 plus tax was in addition to the phone.
    $249.99 for a two year contract + $40 reservation fee.

Are you saying the opposite?

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 06:58 PM
    Read this thread from top to bottom..... great example of do not promise what you cannot deliver..... people get cranky..... what concerns me more is the fact that yesterday is suppose to be launch day and the smattering of posts where Rogers reps knew nothing about the Passport... had same experience this aftternoon when I went to my local Rogers and inquired... looked at me as if I was from Mars... yes when she looked it up it listed as being available yesterday... but not supplied.... Even though the rep had numurous requests... she knew absolutely nothing about it..... was happy to sing the praises of the Iphone 6 even after I told her I did not want one...... off the MTS and see what wonderful yarns they spin... sad that in BB backyard the carriers act the same as their US cousins where Blackberry is concerned.,...
    10-02-14 06:59 PM
    Slow your roll, blaze - the $40 "fee" isn't a fee, and is admittedly not well named. The $40 you put down gets credited back to your account, either once you pick up the device, or when you don't pick up the device. From my point of view it doesn't make sense to have it but I'm sure there's some reason it's imposed.

You're right, though, saying some stores may never get them is extreme. I'm going to fully admit I don't know how some devices end up in some stores, so it's probably best I avoid generalizing, but the Passport won't be in every Rogers store in the country, and that's why we want to get people to use the Rogers Reservation System.
    Gotcha. I was not aware of that. Another forum member just corrected me on that as well.
    I am more willing to reserve online now.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    10-02-14 06:59 PM
    Finally got my text, it's late yes, but it's way better than later. Glad to finally have some acknowledgement and Chris, on behalf of everyone here and even those who are acting.. aggressive.. I've got to thank you for reaching out to the Crackberry forums!
    Yes. Didn't have to come on here n try n smooth things over while letting me talk smack. Took it in stride n handled it. Cool
    10-02-14 07:00 PM
    Don't back track too fast you might trip
    Somebody's having acceptance issues. . .
    Remember while you're raging to make sure you don't forget to breathe
    Pdinos3 and Carjackd like this.
    10-02-14 07:01 PM
    The text message says it "has shipped ". From where? Mexico? Hungary? The Toronto warehouse?
    10-02-14 07:03 PM
    I appreciate that Chris, I do. I know it's not your fault. Just taking it out on you. I'm patient, I can't wait for a release date I don't mind lol. Just the lying n getting the run around is frustrating. As the recent post suggests, this may be BlackBerry way of messing with Rogers for the way it's treated their devices. I don't mind it cuz they'll get the message. We suffer in the mean time tho
    Well thanks, I appreciate you saying that. I'm not the overly sensitive type so don't worry about it (working in social media at Rogers for 4 years as of this week has thickened my skin!)

I just want to be clear that nobody is lying or intending to deceive anyone. I have the best of intentions when relaying information. I trust the information I'm given, and even if it's not always what someone wants to hear, it's the truth. Yesterday, I don't think I lied to anyone but I definitely shared information that was wrong, inaccurate, incorrect, whatever (and totally understand that you did feel like you were lied to so don't think I wouldn't have reacted the same if the roles were reversed!)

And thanks everyone for being decent about this. I'm doing this tonight because I felt pretty lousy about how this was handled yesterday, and instead of sending a bunch of tweets I figured I should go straight to the source. Plus my Twitter avatar was all over this thread so I couldn't not respond!
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    10-02-14 07:04 PM
    This thread needs to chill. I get it.. people are upset.. people want their Passports.. people feel like they've been lied to but chill.. Chris has given the answers available to him, just because you don't like them or disagree with them does not mean you have to attack or verbally abuse him for it. Be decent to each other.
    Carjackd, Pdinos3, D3C0D3R and 6 others like this.
    10-02-14 07:06 PM
    Well thanks, I appreciate you saying that. I'm not the overly sensitive type so don't worry about it (working in social media at Rogers for 4 years as of this week has thickened my skin!)

I just want to be clear that nobody is lying or intending to deceive anyone. I have the best of intentions when relaying information. I trust the information I'm given, and even if it's not always what someone wants to hear, it's the truth. Yesterday, I don't think I lied to anyone but I definitely shared information that was wrong, inaccurate, incorrect, whatever (and totally understand that you did feel like you were lied to so don't think I wouldn't have reacted the same if the roles were reversed!)

And thanks everyone for being decent about this. I'm doing this tonight because I felt pretty lousy about how this was handled yesterday, and instead of sending a bunch of tweets I figured I should go straight to the source. Plus my Twitter avatar was all over this thread so I couldn't not respond!
    Hi again chris, do you know how much it is off contract? I see 700 on rogers site. also if they refuse to sell to me, can I give them your name and title? Thanks, I also sent you a PM
    10-02-14 07:07 PM
577 ... 56789 ...