Just called Rogers, they said they are getting it, i have no prices, just that they are.
    09-24-14 04:48 PM
    Oct 1st. $249.99 on a 2-yr plan.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    09-24-14 04:50 PM
    Figures, plus I cant keep my contract unless I buy outright. Dumb, I dont want to pay 100 a month for the same plan i have for 73.

the Lady was very nice though and got to know a little bit more about the Passport thanks to me.
    09-24-14 05:05 PM
    Telus, Ontario have them. Went into store just now and played with one for the first time. Keyboard is fantastic.
    I am with Bell so could only look. Need to wait until Oct 1st.
    Looks.and feels premium.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 05:10 PM
    I chatted with a guy around lunch time today who said they had no timeline or information on the device.

As a Rogers customer myself, it's becoming more difficult to continue that relationship... Even the lifetime discount on account I get is almost not enough to just "put up with it" and their lack of support for choice.

While Telus is probably the worst carrier in Manitoba, I'm really contemplating the switch. I almost switched when the Z30 was launched... this may be the last straw.
    09-24-14 05:22 PM
    This is bull. So frustrating that Telus gets the exclusive for one week. What does Telus gain from that? Like 6 extra customers! Rogers should have fought harder for the Passport. I am on hold right now for customer service to complain. I know it won't do anything now, but meh... At least I can ***** to someone

Sent from my Samsung Tab 4 using Tapatalk
    09-24-14 05:23 PM
    I too visited a Telus at lunch today solely for the purpose of seeing it, as I'm with bell. The thing is massive. It's definitely not for me after trying it, and I don't have small hands either, but I can definitely see the appeal of the large screen + keyboard + battery. The device itself feels very premium and well built. The rep at Telus said she had sold three of the passports already today at lunch, at that it has been fairly busy with people coming in to see the strange device.

I think if the classic embodies the same kind of build quality, it will be very very popular among SMB, while I don't see as big a market for the passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 05:26 PM
    Spotted at Telus in Ottawa
    Rogers to get the Passport-telus_passport_hdr.jpg
    Resilience likes this.
    09-24-14 05:30 PM
    Keep posting pics of Telus stores and let us know how they're placed and how knowledgeable the reps are on the phone. Want to see how the carriers' staff are receiving the device.

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247
    09-24-14 05:37 PM
    I'm in

Rogers to get the Passport-passport.jpg
    09-24-14 05:49 PM
    I'm in

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	passport.jpg 
Views:	1287 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	300140
    Where did you find a page to reserve one? I have looked all over. Do you happen to have a link?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 06:00 PM
    Where did you find a page to reserve one? I have looked all over. Do you happen to have a link?

Posted via CB10
    Login to your account
    Go to wireless account info.
    Check upgrade availability
    Click on "reserve upcoming phone"
    $40+tax to reserve.

vpblaze likes this.
    09-24-14 06:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    My rogers, products and services tab, wireless, there is a red button "device reservation"
    vpblaze likes this.
    09-24-14 06:04 PM
    Right on. Thanks for that guys!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 06:07 PM
    Keep posting pics of Telus stores and let us know how they're placed and how knowledgeable the reps are on the phone. Want to see how the carriers' staff are receiving the device.

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247
    The one in upper Canada mall in Newmarket was placed beside the other blackberry devices, so it's not like it's featured front and center in any way. The rep that I was talking to though was fairly enthusiastic about it, and was open minded enough to be excited about its potential.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 05:08 AM
    The two guys at Telus in Mississauga were setting up the display, they were enthusiastic about the passport and even knew some of the details. That was at the Heartland Centre
    09-25-14 05:16 AM
    I chatted with a guy around lunch time today who said they had no timeline or information on the device.

As a Rogers customer myself, it's becoming more difficult to continue that relationship... Even the lifetime discount on account I get is almost not enough to just "put up with it" and their lack of support for choice.

While Telus is probably the worst carrier in Manitoba, I'm really contemplating the switch. I almost switched when the Z30 was launched... this may be the last straw.
    When the CEO of Telus came on stage and announced that Telus would be the only carrier in Canada to carry the Passport until September 30, I immediately went to Telus St. Vital and snatched one up.

I was a loyal Rogers customer for almost 15 years and as my discounts were expiring on my plan with no possibility of renewing those discounts, now was the time to switch carriers. All the plans in MB are the same. Telus has the Passport on promotion for $200 on new 2 year contracts with no activation fee until September 30.

The only downside to Telus is their lack of coverage in MB but I don't travel very much outside the city limits anyway.

Go pick up this phone at $200! I had it in my hands for about 9 hours yesterday from a full charge. It was sitting at 35% when I finally went to bed. It's a workhorse!

Posted via CB10 ? PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052
    vpblaze likes this.
    09-25-14 05:53 AM
    Also, Telus St. Vital only received 3 units with 1 being used as the in-store demo. They were surprised when I walked in there asking for a Passport and were in awe when I said I'd take it.

09-25-14 06:06 AM
    A couple Rogers store owners we know in Vancouver confirmed first week of october as well

Telus at metrotown and guildford both had some stock last night, For people in Vancouver that can't wait hehe and want a passport now checkout Telus metrotown and guildford
    09-25-14 02:59 PM
    Also, Telus St. Vital only received 3 units with 1 being used as the in-store demo. They were surprised when I walked in there asking for a Passport and were in awe when I said I'd take it.

I went to the KP location and the girl told me she had sold one earlier that day. My contract is good till December of 2015 so I don't mind waiting to purchase outright. Just not from Telus because I couldn't be bothered with an unlock code and possibly them denying me the sale outright. (happened with the Z30 launch)

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 01:29 PM
    Well this is getting a bit ridiculous!

I have called 4 different stores and the Rogers Call center this evening. What a joke! Only one place was able to tell me that it was being released tomorrow. That was a Wireless Wave store.
    None of them could tell me when they were going to be getting stock in. Personally I think this is a huge fail on Rogers. How could they not have stock? They don't need to carry a thousand per store. Just enough to get the initial ones out the door.

If Telus was allowing people to purchase them out right then I wouldn't even bother with Rogers.

I am rather pissed that I am not able to get a Passport right away. The other times a new BlackBerry has released with Rogers I have been able to go into the store and pick up a device. Now Rogers is falling behind the game here.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 05:20 PM
    ^ are you buying the passport off contract?
    09-30-14 05:27 PM
    ^agreed. 100%.

Fail on all counts. How can they not provide a release date or pricing.

Surely they have their ish together enough to know when shipments would be arriving and pricing is already being inputted into a system somewhere.

#fail

09-30-14 05:28 PM
    OK so here's confirmation of the phone being available for purchase Oct 1st on Rogers. Didn't see pricing anywhere though.

http://redboard.rogers.com/2014/keep...-at-all-times/

09-30-14 05:31 PM
    If you guys are buying it off contract, should have tried to see if telus would have sold you it outright because thats what I did, called 6 stores to see if they would sell me it outright and finally one said yes. Thats how I basically got mine first before anyone basically through retail on launch day. 10am
    09-30-14 05:34 PM
31 12