Given that it's hard to operate the far side of the Passport keyboard with one hand, why doesn't Blackberry release a software feature that allows you to take some of those touch screen keys and stack them up along the right side of the screen (or add another horizontal row of keys on the screen if you want)?

My Passport would be a lot more functional if it could be operated with one hand (my right hand in my case), if the last two rows of keys on the left side (Q, W, A, S, Z, X) and on screen keys (such as the left arrow, the up arrow, 0, #, *, etc.) could be operated by my right thumb without having basketball hands.
    pgg101 likes this.
    02-16-16 05:03 PM
    The phone is Wide and was never intended to be used with one hand. If that's what you need than you picked the wrong phone.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    02-16-16 05:42 PM
    While the passport is the first portrait phone I've encountered, that I find wide enough to offer a decent typing experience, and I love it; I absolutely still see a place for a one-handed mode, for when you just don't have two hands free, which for me is very often, being in a blue collar line of work.

Preferrably, in such a mode, you should be able to operate every UI element from just one quadrant of the screen - bottom right or bottom left, adapting to user handedness.
    (Even with two hands, reaching for the sections slideout on the left, and especially Cancel/Save buttons at the top of the screen, can be a bit of a pain.)

I'd love for such a mode to handle text input using Dasher, which, although it may not be the fastest method in the world, and requires constant attention, can be used without ever lifting your thumb from the touch screen (...or whatever else you may be doing the actuating with). That, combined with the whole physical keyboard portion of the device nestling in your palm, should prevent you from accidently dropping the phone. :7

02-16-16 06:16 PM
    That's useful for all touch phones.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 07:06 PM
    I actually find that I can type one handed easier on a Passport SE than on the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 08:12 PM
    That's an interesting proposition. Allow some buttons to stack up to one side of the phone. Especially say the backspace and the enter key since my fingers can reach all but the last column of keys on the physical keyboard

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 08:44 PM
    Get the app blank spacer. It's helped me a lot, also programming some of the keyboard shortcuts with the ride side buttons.

But blank spacer helped the most.
    Andrew Finley likes this.
    02-17-16 03:26 AM
    Get the app blank spacer. It's helped me a lot, also programming some of the keyboard shortcuts with the ride side buttons.

But blank spacer helped the most.
    I don't understand how the app Blank Spacer allows you to put keyboard keys that are on the left side of the screen up the right side of the screen?
    02-18-16 01:35 PM
    I didn't say it did.

Just practice using your phone upside down.
    02-18-16 04:09 PM
    I often use my Passport with one hand, unless I am composing a long message. It also helps to have big hands.

Posted via the amazing Passport
    02-18-16 05:21 PM
    Given that it's hard to operate the far side of the Passport keyboard with one hand, why doesn't Blackberry release a software feature that allows you to take some of those touch screen keys and stack them up along the right side of the screen (or add another horizontal row of keys on the screen if you want)?

My Passport would be a lot more functional if it could be operated with one hand (my right hand in my case), if the last two rows of keys on the left side (Q, W, A, S, Z, X) and on screen keys (such as the left arrow, the up arrow, 0, #, *, etc.) could be operated by my right thumb without having basketball hands.
    I've often thought the same myself.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 05:39 PM