10-05-14 01:02 PM
150 1234 ...
tools
    I don't get the vitriol against this phone. I'm not passionate about any phone manufacturer, be it apple, blackberry, whomever. Weird how people want to choose sides on everything. I just know that I really like this phone. I just bought an iphone 6 because my company no longer supports blackberry (I had a Torch for four years, given to me by my firm). It was fine; it served its purpose. I was excited about getting the iPhone but when I saw the Passport, the iphone looked really tired to me. I will not be using the passport as a phone, since my company won't be using blackberry anymore. I will be using it as a tablet with a physical keyboard, one on which I can actually read and edit genuine Word documents. I'll get no reimbursement from the company and I'm not signing up for a plan. It will probably replace my ipad, which I use on the road for document review. This was a crazy purchase for me, but I can't wait for it to get here. I disagree with all of the newspaper and electronic journal pundits out there who predict little or no effect on the current market -- I have a feeling this phone is going to be a game changer, beyond anything that Blackberry was expecting.
    D3C0D3R, Spidey134 and Nemzy like this.
    09-26-14 01:55 PM
    That's hardly a review. More like an opinion from an !diot reviewing his ignorance.
    Someone please get that awesome device out of his hands!

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1154 CB10
    Spidey134 likes this.
    09-26-14 02:06 PM
    I haven't had it for 30 hours, I don't know how BB10 works yet I'm in the best position to give this "square monstrosity" an unbiased review....uurrrrm ok then Beavis!
    Nemzy likes this.
    09-26-14 02:10 PM
    Let's face it everyone who has apple loves apple. It's called drinking the kool aid, if blackberry came out with a cure for cancer someone would say how the medicine tastes like garbage. However if apple puts water in a glass apple freaks stare at it like its the most amazing thing they've ever seen. When people see my Q10 and say "wow that phone is from the stone age" I say "yeah its not for everybody" and usually they are taken back by it and want a futher explanation.
    09-26-14 02:29 PM
    Journalists/bloggers/news anchors who personally don't like BlackBerry, or have a problem providing objective and unbiased reviews of any product, should not be allowed to review those products.
    Seriously. How did this clown get his hands on a Passport? I thought that this was being marketed to the prosumer, not the hipster.
    09-26-14 03:13 PM
    "Basically this is the physical embodiment ofkind ofeverything that is boring about life. Its a phone completely for work. So, its really good at emails. Its really good at word documents. Its really good at all the stuff that you really dont want to do on a smart phone. If you like doing boring things with your phone and you like square phones, this is probably the phone for you. If not and youre a normal human being, then I would buy a different phone."

I actually think he's on to something here - "It's a phone completely for work". While that's not entirely true, what he is admitting is that this is a great tool for work. This guy however is obviously a different kid of tool - one that doesn't work, because that would make him "boring" and not "a normal human being".

I call this review very positive, in that even this guy got the message that Blackberry wants - Blackberry is geared toward professionals.
    09-26-14 03:53 PM
    Wow, how can that guy do a review without even learning how to use the OS. That's like someone doing a review of a Macbook, who only knows how to use Windows. This is the worst review I have ever seen on any product. Just because it doesn't look like an iPhone or work like an iPhone. I'm not saying the Passport is perfect, but learn the product, use the product and give an unbiased review from there. He doesn't even know that you can swipe the screen up to unlock it(instead of always hitting the top button), comparing it to this iPhone button....come on.
    Bla1ze and WWBlondieDo like this.
    09-26-14 04:09 PM
    He looked like a spoiled brat swiping around like that. I'm a few years out of school now, but I don't remember people being such knobs (though that was pre-instagram).

I will say that he's not wrong about the stupid hybrid keyboard. A standard 4-row keyboard WITH the new touch sensitivity and texture would be perfect.

Posted with Passport via CB10
    09-26-14 04:28 PM
    Not going to watch his video to give him the hits.
    09-26-14 04:29 PM
    Left my two cents...what an idiotic, pathetic and biased review.

Posted via CB10
    BB4matt likes this.
    09-26-14 04:36 PM
    There... my two bits done for the embodiment of boring passport... which I am excited to get some time soon...

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 04:42 PM
    So i've seen a lot of mixed reviews today and yesterday but none have came close to this one.
    Never trust a Tech-blogger who wears his mom's sweater and his Nan's glasses.
    Gykesdollars likes this.
    09-26-14 04:45 PM
    He looked like a spoiled brat swiping around like that. I'm a few years out of school now, but I don't remember people being such knobs (though that was pre-instagram).

I will say that he's not wrong about the stupid hybrid keyboard. A standard 4-row keyboard WITH the new touch sensitivity and texture would be perfect.

Then the classic is for you and not this passport. Had it had a 4 row keyboard either you would have lost the big square screen or the phone becomes too tall if they wanted to keep the screen size.

Having used one for a few hrs on launch day, I didn't once think it needed 4 rows, the keyboard is so damn intuitive ie it knows when to bring up the 4th virtual row.

So don't knock it till you physically use one, if u haven't had a chance to try it I suggest u do so..it will change the way u think.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 04:53 PM
    Not going to bother with that video. I will say this, though. Excitement is over-rated. The last "exciting" day I had was when the back of my lab coat caught fire, unbeknownst to me until my tech shoved me under the emergency shower and put me out. The last exciting day my cousin had was an aircraft accident he and the other three occupants miraculously walked away from. I like boring.
    gritsinct likes this.
    09-26-14 05:01 PM
    The comments in YouTube are similar to ours. He got good feedback!

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1154 CB10
    09-26-14 05:11 PM
    Reviewer says "The Embodiment of Boring"-mockit_26092014225950.jpg

Had to attach it to this thread too, just to be the embodiment of boring

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 05:17 PM
    Comment was made that there is not even a sim in the device...how can you review a phone without even making one freakin call?
    09-26-14 05:17 PM
    Then the classic is for you and not this passport. Had it had a 4 row keyboard either you would have lost the big square screen or the phone becomes too tall if they wanted to keep the screen size.

Having used one for a few hrs on launch day, I didn't once think it needed 4 rows, the keyboard is so damn intuitive ie it knows when to bring up the 4th virtual row.

So don't knock it till you physically use one, if u haven't had a chance to try it I suggest u do so..it will change the way u think.

Posted via CB10
    Check my signature. It doesn't make sense to me, honestly. This keyboard could have had square keys and fit all the modifier keys it would have needed (then no height difference). It just will never be as fast or as efficient as a Classic or a Q10, but I'll stick it out until the Classic is released.

09-26-14 05:20 PM
    I'm disappointed I lost three minutes of my life listening to a a person who thinks that 30 hrs is enough time for a review. He didn't even know how to use it. All happy about their iphone 6 he/she refers to. Obviously biased. A good reviewer presents the pros and cons, not someone who sits on their arse and complains that a device is wide like he/she is (sorry, not sure, didn't want to insult them)
    09-26-14 05:40 PM
    That guy is so dumb! I couldn't finish the video.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 05:44 PM
    A Review is simply an opinnion.... opinnions are a dime a dozen... the only one that should count in your lfe is yours......
    09-26-14 05:45 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MockIt_26092014225950.jpg 
Views:	903 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	300811

Had to attach it to this thread too, just to be the embodiment of boring
    Yeah, I didn't know if going forward or closing the tab...
    I didn't chose the wiser option.

Anyway, when an applefag understands the weak point of the keyboard, it's a very bad thing...
    But let's go further: he say that the point of the display is to have more lines of text. Obviously, this ***** can't read, because in the memo explained more characters per line.
    The second point is this, just because I don't walk to talk about the "stab" part:
    "Basically this is the physical embodiment of…kind of…everything that is boring about life. It’s a phone completely for work. So, it’s really good at emails. It’s really good at word documents. It’s really good at all the stuff that you really don’t want to do on a smart phone. If you like doing boring things with your phone and you like square phones, this is probably the phone for you. If not and you’re a normal human being, then I would buy a different phone."
    I think they give him his pills and toke him back to his cell, his recreation time ended after this.
    Poor boy... it must been hard for his family to raise a child with such a bad condition.
    nihal castelino likes this.
    09-26-14 05:50 PM
    C'mon. This is meme heaven.

Reviewer says "The Embodiment of Boring"-mockit-ds-passport.jpg
    09-26-14 05:52 PM
    Gosh, that accent of his and his condescending manner, i wished his iphone fell on his toes
    09-26-14 05:57 PM
    Reviewer says "The Embodiment of Boring"-mockit_26092014235733.jpg

Posted via CB10
    CecilTsunami likes this.
    09-26-14 05:57 PM
150 1234 ...