I would say the real issue is not whether the Passport is a monstrosity, but whether the new iPhone 6 fits into that category. I mean, the new iPhone bends to the point of almost breaking, and iOS 8 has a large number of problems that just are coming out of the woodwork, and some of them seem to be serious enough to affect the viability of iOS 8. Then, in typical fashion, Apple launched the phone without having enough stock on hand to allow most people who want one to get one, with the end result that many are now forced to wait six to eight weeks before they can get it.

It would be thing for the reviewer to say, "this phone doesn't suit my taste", but to bash the Passport the way he does is poor form and in bad taste, and certainly doesn't help to establish him as a credible reviewer.
    09-27-14 05:15 PM
    Also... it's just a phone guys, not your mum. Calm down
    09-27-14 05:16 PM
    Also... it's just a phone guys, not your mum. Calm down
    Oh no! You will not try to deny the gravity of of the situation or trivialise the issue! It is not "just a phone", it's the PASSPORT ********.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 O2 UK
    09-27-14 05:44 PM
    I personally think his "review", if it can even be categorized as such, is the embodiment of everything boring and counterintuitive, as he so ineloquently stated
    09-27-14 06:16 PM
    Well with the name like "SkipWorth" no other arguments needed :P
    09-27-14 06:20 PM
    The review guy reminds me of this guy in "Bridesmaids" movie.

09-27-14 06:40 PM
    Napoleon Dynamite's bald cousin?

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1154 CB10
    09-27-14 06:51 PM
    The comments on YouTube are almost unanimously critical of his review. There is no hiding his idiocy from the world. So for me, justice is served.
    09-27-14 07:44 PM
    All you need to do is look at his sweater and glasses to realize this guy never had anyone pay attention to him prior to getting a job talking about phones.

Posted via CB10
    Is it me or it's true that generally speaking at least half of all UK "tech sites" are hilarious, staffed with two kind of of people, badly dressed (see above) or overdressed/clearly trying too hard for a stupid web video...? Somehow this whole tech revolution really didn't work out in the UK press & online world, they are clearly far behind of our US media (they still ahead of anything when it comes to music, though)...
    Last edited by szlevi; 09-28-14 at 01:25 AM.
    09-27-14 10:28 PM
    So i've seen a lot of mixed reviews today and yesterday but none have came close to this one. (the YouTube video is redacted to save space, saving your time to scroll down the long page of comments)
    Amazing find!

@Stuart Clapperton: how and where do you get this Passport video review? This is the most "flame-throwing'-"troll-bait"-"i want to punch you in the face" kind of video review I've seen so far. First of all, the reviewer is so cocky, he looks like a teen who think he knows everything with his thick eyeglasses that not even until at the middle of the video I already want slap his face by instinct.

But well, this is why we love the internet. There are reviews that capture our heart, and there are few reviews like this that makes our life so colourful with anger.
    09-28-14 12:12 AM
    if you go to the website there is a text review with more amazing comments like this gem:

"g105b
    Quality of review aside, at least now we know the benchmark for "normal human being".

I'll get my nan to knit me a new cardigan. She's blind.
    September 27th 2014 at 1:20pm(+1 like) "
    09-28-14 12:22 AM
    My two penny worth.

Im eagerly waiting to try the Passport and i'm not usually put off with these types of reviews or reviewers ; having brain of my own.

Z30 at the moment is absolutely great. 10.3.* is great. I do however feel that lots other people don't really understand what I believe is the real challenge and that is that I had to swap to my Note 3 to watch the Ryder Cup on SkyGo. ooops!
    09-28-14 02:01 AM
    A guy that plucks his eye brows and wears sweaters like that should not be calling the passport a monstrosity
    09-28-14 09:44 AM
    All I have to say is 200,000 folks must not have cared about his lame review. I have had two clients I know of that have taken their iPhone 6 plus phones back because of the bending issue. One is going back to BlackBerry and buying a passport after playing with mine for a half hour yesterday.

Sent from my awesome passport on T Mobile USA (10.3.0.1154)
    09-28-14 09:50 AM
    So..... I open this thread and read the comments here. At first I don't even bother to view the video because the comments here were pretty unanimous as far as how the review was conducted. But the more I read the comments, the more curious I got about the review. So I finally opened up the video and sure enough, 100% accurate!! But the highlight of the video are the comments below...... pure gold and worth the price of admission!

"Bill Cosby called. He wants his sweater back"

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 10:13 AM
    How does this kind of video even get published? This is not a review, this is what a teenage fanboy sounds like ranting on his Youtube channel.

This guy's an *****. I'm a brand new BB user with the Passport and he's absolutely wrong. There is more screen real estate on the BBPP, the dynamic row on the keyboard is really clever and useful, and it fits fine in my pocket even with tight jeans.

Also, is anybody going to mention how ridiculous this guy looks? What is that jumper?
    09-28-14 10:27 AM
    because he didn't say what you want to hear?A word of advice, if you want to get angry every time someone posts negative on the passport you are going to be very busy for a while I reckon. I wouldn't let it bother you. I don't care what he thinks, and I don't feel threatened by it enough to criticise his dress sense at length like some here.Unfortunately, he is expressing what will most likely be a popular initial reaction to this phone so I'd get used to hearing stuff like this. I don't agree with what he's said. And if someone watches this 1 review and says ' oh well i had better not get it' then that's their own lookout.

He's had it a short while, and put forward an initial reaction. There will be a lot of people for whom this is what they want to know. Because they will try it, be unable to cope with the design of the phone and the OS and want to be able to take it back before its too late. For some he's EXACTLY the right person to do such a review. He obviosly likes iphones, like a great many people. This wasn't for blackberry fans I think.
    I was ranting more about the iPhone update review on my local News then about this guys review. I am absolutely fine with an unbiased review even if it is negative. I have seen many negative reviews of the passport, and honestly, to each their own. This guy didn't seem to have given the passport to fair shake so the review in my opinion is unfair. I also didn't mean to seem to upset, LOL, I wrote that smiling.

Posted via CB 10 on my Z30 (STA100-5) w 10.3.0.1154
    09-28-14 12:43 PM
    Whats wrong with Charlie Brown? He was so grumpy about the phone...'wah wah wah wah wah' ...needed to change his sweater...thats what
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    09-28-14 01:32 PM
    BlackBerry defense squad!!! Assemble!!!
    We're too busy laughing ...
    10-01-14 12:41 PM
    Also, is anybody going to mention how ridiculous this guy looks? What is that jumper?
    the problem with this thread is that too many did... you know, the rules of polite society dictate that you can't ridicule someone for their appearance even if they go out of their way to insult and offend people.

Fortunately, some people don't mind breaking rules and sometimes are not so polite.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 04:09 PM
    I don't think my comment re his jumper was really criticism. I just really want to know its backstory in order to better understand the review. I am sure they are linked. Everything happens for a reason...

There is no problem with a negative review as long as it is balanced. When I used to review Android phones I tried to be impartial thinking about how I used the device and whether it worked. The Sony Xperia Mini Pro was a kooky number but had its benefits.

This review is splattered with personal mocking comments. He put this drivel on the Internet and set himself up as some kind of authority. His own admissions indicate he did not spend enough time but for the casual user who is curious this paints an exceptionally poor picture. Anyone with half a brain will take this review at face vale but what needs to be called out is that for a few days googling BlackBerry Passport review in the UK got this review.

And the guy does need to rethink his appearance, it's about rudimentary presentation skills.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 02:41 AM
    Come on, that is NOT a review! More so a hands on?

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    10-05-14 02:49 AM
    So i've seen a lot of mixed reviews today and yesterday but none have came close to this one.

wowo no iPhone bias there ey!? Just don't bend it!!!
    10-05-14 11:17 AM
    Two points I'd like to make.

He says he "haven't even had the phone 30 hours.". I doubt be actually played with it for more than 30 minutes from his clearly inadequate knowledge of the features.

The personal attacks he's receiving are warranted since he personally attacked all Passport users as "boring".

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 12:17 PM
    I think the meme needs fine tuning because the message being put out there is that guys like him use a Passport. It needs to be all about him only.
    I agree. All these pictures with him holding a Passport is pointing to him being a Blackberry user. The phone must be out of the picture.

Or separate the phone from him in the text i.e. "I have such a great and exciting phone now its time to change my boring look" or "Even boring and ugly guys can have something great in their hands" or "this phone makes me look better"

10-05-14 01:02 PM
150 ... 456