Hey all,
    Just my two penneth experience of the Passport

I had z10 from launch 2 years ago. It was perfect (yes BB had to resolve some things, but they got there).
    At the end of my 24mth contract I was struggling with what to upgrade to, if any.
    Yes, the battery could have been better, but that is all.

Life is too short, so I gave the passport a go and sold my z10.

I lasted 1 month, before buying another z10 on ebay, selling the passport.
    As great as it was, I tried to sell the benefits of the passport to non blackberry colleagues to no avail.
    I also found myself leaving the passport on my desk all day as it is such a pocket target for table edges and the like. As a result, I was missing calls and messages because I was not carrying it.

If my job entailed multiple flights or rail journeys per week, where I could interact with the passport more (I thought I'd use the kindle app more) then I'd of probably kept it.

But no, its gone. Loved it, screen res and all, but not for me.
    I actually missed the z10 touch keyboard.

Just wanted to add my perspective.
    03-06-15 01:28 PM
    Faaakkeee no one would go back

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 01:31 PM
    why wouldn't you at least get a z30?

Passport Posted.
    03-06-15 02:06 PM
    yeah, could be fake :-) , but I'd of had to predict the passport back when I was posting in the z10 forum.

ds

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 02:07 PM
    why wouldn't you at least get a z30?

Passport Posted.
    I think people are drawn to the size that meets their lifestyle, even if it is a bit of trial and error

In the past week I've seen 4 x iPhone 6 plus with cracked screens with the users still clinging on to what they can see.

A z30 would not work for me. Too big.
    I've accepted that the z10 works for me, and happy to go back.

ds

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 02:14 PM
    I bought Z10 on launch day and PP on launch week. I have yet to pick up my Z10 and couldn't consider ever going back. I consumed a ton of content both html and pdf as well office documents and just can't go back to the small form factor. Also loving the PKB. For me personally the PP is LEAPS ahead. Likely not for everyone. I thought of keeping my Z10 for a backup but if my PP were ever to be lost, stolen or broke I would simply by another PP outright like I did with the first one. The Z10 for me is just too small and love the 2 day battery life off the PP.

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    03-06-15 02:24 PM
    Yes, can't fault the passport battery. Just the former factor that I could not personally get to grips with.

But a great device none the less

Ds

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 02:29 PM
    Well it's the opposite for me. I had the Z10 for a while but I thought the battery life was too short and microphone and camera wasn't really that good compared to my old Nokias. Now I have passport and the microphone and call quality is excellent. What has happened recently with the Passport is that I answer e-mails on it, something I usually wait for until I'm at a laptop/desktop because on screen keyboards are harder to type on. With the passport typing is much more easy and you don't have to concentrate so much hitting the right area on the screen.
    03-06-15 02:32 PM
    You want a z30 dude. Trust me.

Posted via CB10
    ezubeBB2013 likes this.
    03-06-15 02:36 PM
    Well it's the opposite for me. I had the Z10 for a while but I thought the battery life was too short and microphone and camera wasn't really that good compared to my old Nokias. Now I have passport and the microphone and call quality is excellent. What has happened recently with the Passport is that I answer e-mails on it, something I usually wait for until I'm at a laptop/desktop because on screen keyboards are harder to type on. With the passport typing is much more easy and you don't have to concentrate so much hitting the right area on the screen.
    Understand the email issue, but I never found that a problem on the z10, or typing (my experience)
    Yes, the battery life on a z10 is awful, but I carry a charged backup.

As I said, I gave the passport a go for a month, and it did not work for me, as great as it was.

Ds

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 02:46 PM
    I really like the Z10 too, especially with the extended battery.

But man, the Passport is really nice and the call quality is really good. No one complains when I'm on speaker. With the Z10, everyone said I sounded muffled.
    03-12-15 05:29 PM
    Why disbelieve the OP? I planned to upgrade to the Passport, and still might, but when I dropped and broke my z10 a few weeks ago, I played with the Passport (loved it!), but then I bought another Z10 on eBay.

The fact is I couldn't make a compelling business case to spend another $400 on the Passport for my current requirements.

I am a heavy, heavy phone user, but I spend 90% of the time on my phone running the following Apps:
    Hub (several work, client, and personal email accounts, LinkedIn and BBM)
    Calendar (a bunch of calendars)
    Remember (a bunch of Outlook and Evernote folders)
    NYTimes
    Browser (Passport would be much better, but not enough to improve my productivity)
    Maps
    Kindle
    File Manager (where I sync to Box, OneDrive and Dropbox)
    Phone calls

Other than battery life and screen size, I am 100% satisfied with the Z10. Nothing I use is sluggish, so more processing power, memory, etc. Is not currently a concern. The much better battery life, screen and specs on the Passport are nice to haves, not need to haves for me at this time.

I have been a passionate BlackBerry user since 2004, and loved the physical keyboards, but I am very happy with the BlackBerry 10 OS VKB on the Z10, for now.

I am a productivity enthusiast, not a hardware enthusiast. I just do not believe the Passport could make me $400 more productive (would need to help me close more business or save me roughly five hours) over the next year. My guess is I would spend 10-20 hours exploring tips and tricks, adjusting to the PKB, setting shortcuts, etc, so I'd really need to save 15-25 hours.

Having said all that, I LOVED the Passport when I played with it, and can imagine many scenarios, like extended road trips or needing to review documents and spreadsheets on the go that would lead me to buy one without hesitation.

But I don't doubt the OPs story, (and I don't want to give up LTE on AT&T for the Z30, with no compensating productivity gains.) I understand the z30 and Passport are more powerful phones, but I don't want to trade my 2008 BMW 328i for a more powerful car, either. It runs great and is a pleasure to drive, just like my Z10.

The Z10 gets a bad rap in these forums sometimes, but it's been a real workhorse for me, and I still love using it.

Typed on my trusty, productive Z10

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 07:36 AM
    I am looking into getting a Passport, and I have a Z10 and am getting frustrated with the battery life. Never lasts more than 6-7 hours. And I am not a heavy user, and I don't think I would give my Z10 to anybody as the battery life is so bad. Would consider a Classic or even a Z30.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 10:10 AM
    I wish phones kept on with their small size, easier to pack around , fits any pocket ,easier for 1 handed use if needed. Enjoy the larger screen for viewing things but it's killer on batteries having a great bright screen. I believe most feel your pain OP !!
    03-13-15 10:28 AM
    I'm with you OP. I bought my Passport as replacement for my Z10. Although Passport beat my Z10 in every way, there is one aspect that it couldn't beat the Z10 - and that is, the portability size of Z10. Passport size doesn't matter if you are carrying a bag or you are having jacket enough to fit the Passport. But in those cases that you are traveling light and wearing jeans or short, the Passport size is not ideally suited. And these are the times that I personally found my Z10 very suitable. And that it is also the reason why in spite of the fact that I have already a replacement for my Z10, I couldn't easily dispatch it...

Wish that BlackBerry produce another Z10 size high end specs device...

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 10:47 AM