My Passport SE is affected by the screen lift issue (top right of screen is raised from bezel whereas left side is flush)

I bought it from Amazon so can and will return it for a refund, I am wondering as to how common this issue may be (there is a thread with lots of instances) so am weighing up a replacement SE or an original white.

I am little put off that the origonal model may have build issues of it's own but something about the slightly smaller footprint is appealing and I actually think that the extra chin on the SE may not be the benefit that some say.

Thoughts appreciated, would I regret going for the original in white after owning the SE?
    11-18-15 08:48 AM
    I had the same problem with my black Passport and its actually quite easy to fix just gently push down on corner that is lifting and pull up on opposite end for a few seconds repeat if necessary, problems has never returned.
    Seems to be more a warping problem the adhesive one JMO.

Blackberry Passport
    neil74 and bigjman like this.
    11-18-15 09:14 AM
    Thanks, not prepared to apply the clothes pegs to a brand new phone! Seriously considering getting the white rather than another silver.

Neil
    P.S From Gravesend myself but never admit it in public!
    11-18-15 09:47 AM
    I have the OG white. My screen is slightly off center, that's my only build quality issue.

I don't recommend you get it if you can't handle carrying a dead-sexy phone around. Seriously, it just looks too hot for some people to handle.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 12:13 PM
    I've been using my White for almost a year. The screen just started lifting (very slightly) on the top right corner. It's a great looking phone.

Posted via CB10
    neil74 likes this.
    11-18-15 12:26 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if your replacement SE has the same or a similar issue. All the SEs I've handled from different stock and build dates have had the same lift issue at the top. Either apply the clamps or swap out for an OG and test your luck there, but the build quality on these devices is horrible.
    Nedooo and neil74 like this.
    11-18-15 01:32 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if your replacement SE has the same or a similar issue.
    That's my concern TBH. It's not a major issue but I expect better on a brand new phone. White looks nice as does the slightly reduced footprint imo

SE goes back tomorrow, still not decided so will sleep on it.
    11-18-15 01:55 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if your replacement SE has the same or a similar issue. All the SEs I've handled from different stock and build dates have had the same lift issue at the top. Either apply the clamps or swap out for an OG and test your luck there, but the build quality on these devices is horrible.
    Brave you are...
    11-18-15 01:59 PM
    I vote another silver

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    11-18-15 03:14 PM
    I went through 2 SEs for actual hardware issues and the screens were never perfectly flush with the frame. If it's not serious, I probably would bother returning it for another device as it'll likely be the same/similar.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 05:16 PM
    I've been using my White for almost a year. The screen just started lifting (very slightly) on the top right corner. It's a great looking phone.

Posted via CB10
    I've had the same issue with the white. Right upper corner lifts about 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch. The phone just starts twisting a bit. But not enough to have the glass raise from the bezel around it.

I've found out though it's not fault of the phone but the Blackberry hard case I was using causing the issue.

Now the white gets a lot of looks and always has you coming back for more.
    11-18-15 11:02 PM
    Just ordered a white from Amazon, arrives tomorrow.
    11-19-15 11:43 AM
    Just ordered a white from Amazon, arrives tomorrow.
    Nice! I think the white one looks the best.
    But when I got mine, I was a little disappointed about the keyboard. It's definitely stiffer and not as easy to type as the SE.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 05:48 PM
    Nice! I think the white one looks the best.
    But when I got mine, I was a little disappointed about the keyboard. It's definitely stiffer and not as easy to type as the SE.

Posted via CB10
    Mine has broken in a bit and is definitely easier to type on these days.
    11-19-15 08:44 PM
    Screen lift issue is not specific to SE. All editions of the Passport suffer from the same issue.

However the amount of lift varies from piece to piece. Some users have reported no lifts at all.

So, if you're willing to take risk, pick another SE. With a little luck you'll probably get an SE with reasonable lift, at least for a reasonable time.

Besides the screen, be prepared for other build quality issues:

- The metal bezel, the plastic back cover, the platic SIM (back) door, the plastic keyboard cover and/or the plastic speaker cover may not fit together. My current SE is an example of a piece that suffers from _all_ the above mentioned issues (including screen lift).

Also, be prepared for (more serious) general QC issues:

- Bad electronics, which (sometimes) cause auto-restart. Many users have reported this kind of issues.

Again, none of those issues is specific to the SE.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    Last edited by dusanvn; 11-20-15 at 08:35 AM.
    neil74 likes this.
    11-20-15 08:20 AM
    Mine is perfect. Bought through Amazon which is actually stocked from a high end UK phone store (I called them in London directly just to make sure).

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 09:50 AM
    Mine is perfect. Bought through Amazon which is actually stocked from a high end UK phone store (I called them in London directly just to make sure).

Posted via CB10
    SE or original?
    11-20-15 10:18 AM
    White arrived and I definitely prefer it to the SE, the slightly smaller foot print makes a big difference imo and it feels noticeably less hefty in the hand.

There is an issue with the spacebar though so a replacement is coming tomorrow. Hoping for 3rd time lucky!
    11-21-15 08:31 AM
    I just got myself a red passport zero issues so far fingers crossed the passport looks amazing in red I must say and also feels great.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 09:07 AM
    The spacebar does not click like the other buttons do and need to be pressed slightly harder to work. Hopefully the new one will be OK tomorrow.

Red one looks really nice but have not seen one available anywhere. Really do prefer the original size though.
    11-21-15 09:15 AM