07-02-15 08:16 PM
98 1234
tools
    Post illustrated why BB is bleeding users... My view of BB is it sort of works and if you are persistent you "can" get it to do what you want.... ( snap and tinkering with Google Play ( props to Cobalt ) is an a good example... not that difficult to do but necessary... and that is the issue... the average user wants their device to simply work... when I use my wife's LG 3G it simply power it up and away you go... apps install and work... simple to use... the two main issue the "average" use who are in the tens of millions are looking for... Android and Apple baring any tech issues simply work out of the box.... more than I can say for BB if you do not want a learning curve and easy access to "working apps".... Can see why the OP wants to switch in the situation stated.,..,. I for one like to tinker... so BB fits great for me.,... for the average user... not so much....
    07-01-15 11:03 PM
    If, in some enlightened future...

We had some sort of, oh, I don't know, perhaps a

Permanent or even temporary,

Post... where people could...

Speak as to why they were leaving their BlackBerry phone

For one of another manufacturer.

And further...

If this, shall we call it,

Meta-thread

Was posted at the top, or even permanently placed near the summit...

... of the General forum.

And those who were leaving for plumper pastures could

Post for all to see, in a dedicated thread

WHY! With their elaborate and well spoken reasons

That BlackBerry was to be shunned

And the favored competitors phone favoured.

Oh, what a wondrous and organized thing this would be!
    07-01-15 11:19 PM
    No. I never did. Does it let you use all android apps?
    Yes, a few will have issues but for me, I have about a 95% success rate. My only app issue right now is the MLB app, which used to be native, now I have to use the Andriod app, which does work but I can only listen to live games. Trying to watch live games crashes the app. That is my only app issue but you might have other questions issues.
    Oh, and even then, I installed flashbrowser and I can still watch live baseball from the browser in HD.

But yeah, just install Snap. It is a one time sideload from your PC or Mac and you are good to go. Oh, one more thing, Google play Services don't work but it hasn't been a big deal for me. It means I can't sign in to the Google maps app. Again, you may have other questions issues but for me, there is nothing I need that the Passport can't do and I have a lot of app, ESPN, netflix, NBC sports live, BTN2GO etc.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 11:26 PM
    Just deposited a check 5 minutes ago using official Schwab app.

Such a shame it doesn't work for the Passport

Have fun in the walled garden.
    07-01-15 11:28 PM
    OP:

Whatever works for you, works for you. I carry a new Android as my 2nd line, and I need the apps for Banking and investing and about 5 other things that apps on my Berry can't do or can't do well. So I get why you are leaving. Too bad you don't need two lines like I do or you could carry 2 phones and keep your Berry for productivity and the iPhone to fill in the gaps.

I did jump on iOS for about a year. I still have that iPhone and have been goofing around with the new Apple Music upgrade with iOS 8.4. It's very good, and FREE for 3 months. Try it. You will probably like it. But Apple-ville is not my personal cup of tea, especially for business, so I jumped back into Berry.

Personally, I wish WindowsPhone had decent apps. I'd probably be able to use that as my daily driver if it did. The Live Tiles, integration with MS Office, and the awesome cameras on the Nokia Lumia phones is spectacular.

Good luck and we hope to see you back! Keep an eye on BlackBerry. You never know what may develop in the near future!
    techvisor likes this.
    07-01-15 11:37 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ctions-985344/

And

http://forums.crackberry.com/android.../#post10619036

Follow instructions.

That will help if your dying for apps. GL, your good, even if we might have different phones. Peace

Z30STA100-5 10.3.2.2339
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-01-15 11:41 PM
    Post illustrated why BB is bleeding users... My view of BB is it sort of works and if you are persistent you "can" get it to do what you want.... ( snap and tinkering with Google Play ( props to Cobalt ) is an a good example... not that difficult to do but necessary... and that is the issue... the average user wants their device to simply work... when I use my wife's LG 3G it simply power it up and away you go... apps install and work... simple to use... the two main issue the "average" use who are in the tens of millions are looking for... Android and Apple baring any tech issues simply work out of the box.... more than I can say for BB if you do not want a learning curve and easy access to "working apps".... Can see why the OP wants to switch in the situation stated.,..,. I for one like to tinker... so BB fits great for me.,... for the average user... not so much....
    Right. I wonder how enterprise users are taking the times just for doing "a learning curve" while on the other side everything works just fine and easier.
    07-01-15 11:44 PM
    Ok.

After posting my OP. And thinking over replies. It comes down to wanting a camera that takes pics of kids in focus. Having a smaller phone that's easier to carry when running. And wanting to use the live phish iPhone app. Maybe I could find that app in snap. But I don't want to tinker all day w my phone.

That said. I'll miss the passport.

The screen. Keyboard. And battery all were awesome.
    07-02-15 12:25 AM
    Mine didn't. At least I never figured out how to install google play.
    U sure u owned a passport?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 12:27 AM
    Ok.

After posting my OP. And thinking over replies. It comes down to wanting a camera that takes pics of kids in focus. Having a smaller phone that's easier to carry when running. And wanting to use the live phish iPhone app. Maybe I could find that app in snap. But I don't want to tinker all day w my phone.

To each his own, but u know that the passport sports a Sony cam, all Sony cam use a long click on the picture button to focus, just like a real digital cam where u do the half a press on the photo button. That should give u focused crisp pics of your kids, like it does mine.

Posted via CB10
    dgzagm likes this.
    07-02-15 12:30 AM
    ok and you telling the world why?
    07-02-15 12:32 AM
    Passport is not for everyone...and that includes BlackBerry faithful who are very happy with other devices.

Curious why you chose a BlackBerry Passport in the first place?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 12:43 AM
    Thanks for the update but my Passport works great for me. I have never had trouble taking pictures, the Passport camera works well for my needs. As far as apps go, yeah we are missing a lot, but i have been using the actual web sites more than apps here lately. You may have considered getting Ipod touch and just using it as a Ipad super mini for apps. I have one i use for that. Truthfully i got it to use to help figure out things on others iphones and to listen to music. It works well for this but i use it much less than i used too.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 12:52 AM
    Thanks for the update but my Passport works great for me. I have never had trouble taking pictures, the Passport camera works well for my needs. As far as apps go, yeah we are missing a lot, but i have been using the actual web sites more than apps here lately. You may have considered getting Ipod touch and just using it as a Ipad super mini for apps. I have one i use for that. Truthfully i got it to use to help figure out things on others iphones and to listen to music. It works well for this but i use it much less than i used too.

Posted via CB10
    What apps are you missing?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 12:54 AM
    Truthfully I'm not missing any apps anymore as i use my Passport for all my needs anymore. Sommetimes i use the Ipod touch for testing apps that family members, my parents, want on their phones. Other than that it is strictly a mp3 player for me anymore. I even dislike it's web browser as the destop mode on my passport has me spoiled.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 01:03 AM
    Ok.

No offense, you are making Snap sound more difficult than it is. I talked my non techie sister in law through its installation over the phone, from memory in five minutes. After that it just works like an app store.

1 sideload using Google Chrome. Easy peasy.

But enjoy your iPhone. To each his own, I just wanted you to know it's not that hard to install Snap at all.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 01:18 AM
    To each his own, I just wanted you to know it's not that hard to install Snap at all.
    It's not hard to install Cobalt's Google Play Services/Store either, just takes installing a few programs and following a few directions. Nonetheless, most don't want to learn anything or step outside of their comfort zone just a teensy weensy bit. They'd rather have Tim Cook spoon feed them all the apps and services and have no freedom with their devices.

Yes, to each his own.
    07-02-15 01:44 AM
    You should wait til the iPhone 6s comes out (or do you already have an iPhone?)

The Passport isn't for everyone, but at least you gave it a try.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 02:01 AM
    Well.. I use two smart phones.. the classic with my corporate exchange account.. it last 3 1/2 business days.. next I have the iPhone 6 for the fun stuff... I have hundreds of apps on my iPhone.. cool apps.. but for one reason or the other I barely use them..
    gallopiton likes this.
    07-02-15 02:33 AM
    Passport isn't for everyone. Because it's for genius and smart ones!

Goodbye.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    07-02-15 02:42 AM

Goodbye.

Weh?

Posted from an ME173X
    07-02-15 03:15 AM

Goodbye.

kirson and 21stNow like this.
    07-02-15 03:36 AM
    One question that has nothing to do with Passport

Why are you using Schwab? It has quite hefty fees unless you are in penny trading.
    07-02-15 03:51 AM
    Bye sorry to hear that the Paaport wasn't for you.
    07-02-15 05:03 AM
    Wow--IMHO it is so easy to install Snap or GPS as long as you can read instructions.
    Kinda. I actually had troubles installing it on my Z10 until I factory reset the device. No troubles on my Classic.
    07-02-15 05:31 AM
98 1234