Weird thread.
    07-02-15 12:23 PM
    I'm sure if the post said left iPhone for Passport it would be fine if that announcement was made.
    Of course it would be. Unless of course it was posted to iMore.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-02-15 12:28 PM
    Ok. I'd considering trying again. What is a modern version of the BB I can buy new on Amazon this will run snap, and be smaller than the PP or Classic? What is the best option for a bb with keyboard I can get to use as second phone for now? And maybe a primary if all works out?

Is it the Q10?
    07-02-15 12:35 PM
    How do I install SNAP? And why would one install SNAP with the Amazon App store already on our devices? I have the Classic and am somewhat upset I cannot get apps like Nextlix on my device. Also, are SNAP apps and the Google Play risking the security of my Device? Finally, the Classic came with a underperforming processor. Will there be lag in these apps?

Posted via CB10
    I'd suggest this [already linked in this thread but ...] : http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ctions-985344/ It's more convienient IMHO than snap and doesn't require anything else than your device to be operational.

You'll have acces to ALL the Google Play apps (many aren't on Amazon's), given that some of them will no or partially work. In particular those with Google Services mandatory.
    On the security front, well ... that's android apps and it depends what credentials you grant to the app. Also note, when you will install an app, BlackBerry Guardian will inspect it and search for known security issue. Just let it the time to work. You will see information just below the main description of thae app, before you hit "install".
    07-02-15 12:51 PM
    If you're looking for a keyboard BB10 phone that's smaller than the Classic, the Q10 is what you're left with.
    07-02-15 12:53 PM
    Ok. I'd considering trying again. What is a modern version of the BB I can buy new on Amazon this will run snap, and be smaller than the PP or Classic? What is the best option for a bb with keyboard I can get to use as second phone for now? And maybe a primary if all works out?

Is it the Q10?
    - All BB10 wil run snap.
    - Smaller than Classic ? Maybe the Q5 (edit: TB states Q10 too ;-))
    - Personal choice would be Q5 over Q10 as a secondary device. Only point to beware : 16Gb internal memory.
    - Your experience with Passport has been bad ... as a primary, I'd say either a Z30 or a Classic. But for a physical KB, Classic should fit you.
    torco3 likes this.
    07-02-15 12:55 PM
    Side question, I installed the patch and works great, however now and then I get a notification in the hub to tell me that I need to install Google Play Services, any way to get rid of this? Thanks and sorry for the derailment

I'd suggest this [already linked in this thread but ...] : http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ctions-985344/ It's more convienient IMHO than snap and doesn't require anything else than your device to be operational.

You'll have acces to ALL the Google Play apps (many aren't on Amazon's), given that some of them will no or partially work. In particular those with Google Services mandatory.
    On the security front, well ... that's android apps and it depends what credentials you grant to the app. Also note, when you will install an app, BlackBerry Guardian will inspect it and search for known security issue. Just let it the time to work. You will see information just below the main description of thae app, before you hit "install".

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 01:11 PM
    Does Q10 use same sim as iPhone 5s?
    07-02-15 01:26 PM
    No. I never did. Does it let you use all android apps?
    Hangouts dialer doesnt work in my experience and that's the biggest incompatibility with android i've found so far...that and slowness of some apps; I have seen the test results on geek bench (yet with android 4.3 as the os, indicating they are running it on the android app) and they only show the passport as being dual core. my suspicion is perhaps the runtime is not utilizing the entire chipset (though someone more knowledgeable may refute me and explain, for which i would be grateful). other than that most android apps do function normally.
    07-02-15 01:47 PM
    I just payed a bill on my Passport and printed the receipt without even leaving my couch.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 01:54 PM
    Returned passport. Returning to iPhone.-img_20150625_180806_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 02:06 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150625_180806_edit.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	360603

Posted via CB10
    works great if the lighting is right....not so much in suboptimal lighting (which occurs quite frequently)
    07-02-15 03:06 PM
    Side question, I installed the patch and works great, however now and then I get a notification in the hub to tell me that I need to install Google Play Services, any way to get rid of this? Thanks and sorry for the derailment
    Read Cobalt's Landing Page thread and follow the directions, you'll have everything working after that.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-02-15 03:11 PM
    Threads about switching from android/ios get around 20 or 30 comments. Posts about leaving BlackBerry get two or three times that many... what gives

Sent from my Passport
    07-02-15 05:27 PM
    Don't care.

Use whatever phone you want.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    07-02-15 05:44 PM
    I don't like the trend that threads like this take on CrackBerry. This is what makes it depressing and others don't want to join or participate.
    07-02-15 07:44 PM
    I don't like the trend that threads like this take on CrackBerry. This is what makes it depressing and others don't want to join or participate.
    I'm sorry you don't like how these threads turn out, but it will continue to happen until posters stop breaking the forum rules and continue posting this dribble in every section.

There is a specific thread for these posts and they should only be posted in said thread and not all over the forum.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=260887

So put your big boy pants on, and keep on keeping on. Also, you may want to grow some thicker skin if this kind of thing affects you this much; because let me tell you, the world is a nitty-gritty place and it's going to chew you up and spit you out without breaking a sweat.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 07:52 PM
    I didn't read all the posts this thread...but my only thoughts are: Iphone6 is a Nissan Sentra...a nice Sentra. PP is a Porsche. Go back to the Sentra from some minor inconveniences that you seemed to be confused about, if you like. I'm going to blow by you in my Porsche.
    Stop insulting Porsche. Passport is more of a Fiat Multipla.
    07-02-15 07:56 PM
    Does Q10 use same sim as iPhone 5s?
    Q10 is the worst BB10 phone you would want to try. Double typing is always waiting to show one day.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 08:00 PM
    I'm sorry I started this thread. The passport really was a great phone. Just not for me.
    Superfly_FR and miker476 like this.
    07-02-15 08:03 PM
    Q10 is the worst BB10 phone you would want to try. Double typing is always waiting to show one day.

Posted via CB10
    Your post is pretty meaningless when there are threads in nearly every single section about double typing on every single BB10 device, even the all touch screen phones.

The Q10 is certainly an amazing phone, and till this day my workhorse. Started to double type once, and after a few weeks stopped doing it all on it's own; I didn't even have to change out the keyboard.

And least we forget, the legacy devices also suffered from double typing as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 08:07 PM
    07-02-15 08:15 PM
    Regarding to e-mail service i never seen any better platform than Blackberry but because of missing apps in Store make some people to think twice of buying a BB ,for me i am pleased enough with my Q10 and never had issues with it with keyboard double typing or something else,tested many iPhones,Lumia,Samsung and my last choice is BB,the best for E-mail ,WhatsApp,Skype this is all i need from a smartphone
    07-02-15 08:16 PM
98 ... 234