BlackBerry still thinks Camera is not important for a smartphone.

BUT they are dead wrong, many people like to take nice pictures with their mobile phones.

Moved to a NOKIA Lumia 830 and totally happy.

200 Euro very well invested and it blows the Iphone 6 camera away!

07-02-15 06:19 AM
    Damn near all android apps work on PP. Some fart apps and life wasting games don't. Crappie sucks.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    07-02-15 06:21 AM
    Sad to say it. But my short love affair with my Passport is over.

It's hard to live with a lousy camera.

Hard to run with a Passport in my pocket.

Hard to do online banking without Schwab app.

Can't steam phish on the passport.

And frankly email and texting on iPhone works just fine.
    Hmm.. OP points are really the opposite of my experience with PP.

PP camera is not lousy. Well maybe because I'm not so slow to learn and perhaps know how to focus it. I find PP pictures better than to IP6 and IP6+ which tend to be darker.

During in and out boarding flights, my shirt front pocket can contain my passport (document) together with BBPP without any problem

App is not an issue as Snap + Cobalt work wonder.

I can type fast and writing reports is a cinch with PP while I cant type as fast with touch screen such as IP6.

Oh well.. perhaps PP is not for OP
    07-02-15 06:23 AM
    Mine didn't. At least I never figured out how to install google play.
    Try this : http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ctions-985344/
    You don't need any cable or extra device. It's straight on and consumes less than 10 minutes.
    Unfortunately, this is a "hack" and can't be distributed officially ... so, yeah it's sad, you have to DIY.

Of course it's only the store, not Google Services. So, not 100% apps will work (at all or 100%).
    But once you have it ... you have it all.

Whatever is your choice, it's yours.
    Keep in touch with BBM !
    07-02-15 06:43 AM

Why bother making the statement?
    Need a hug?
    Give me a break.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 07:17 AM
    Not sure if people just are not using the camera correctly on the passport, but literally all of my iphone friends use my camera. The front camera could use work, but everytime we're out they say use my camera.
    07-02-15 07:21 AM
    I think they fail to realize that they need to hold their finger on the screen to thus focus. Once done, click the button to take the photo.
    I will say, the steps are different with iOS. So, if you came from iOS to BlackBerry, it takes a moment to adjust...

Not sure if people just are not using the camera correctly on the passport, but literally all of my iphone friends use my camera. The front camera could use work, but everytime we're out they say use my camera.
    Got2GetAway and justino1284 like this.
    07-02-15 07:38 AM
    No it doesn't you can't use paid apps sad
    07-02-15 07:59 AM
    Don't know how OP has 111 posts and still doesn't know blackberry 10 can run android apps.... And it gets worse, you don't even have to install Snap, because the Amazon app store that comes pre-installed with BB10 has Schwab app in it

Can you smell that smelly smell in this thread?

07-02-15 08:03 AM
    One question that has nothing to do with Passport

Why are you using Schwab? It has quite hefty fees unless you are in penny trading.
    Unless Schwab changed things recently, which I doubt they did because I'd be notified, there aren't hefty fees at all for checking/savings. In fact, there are no fees. I've been a customer for years and years now.

No checking minimum, no monthly fee, free ATMs everywhere in the world (if an ATM charges you they credit it back at the end of the month), free checks and other paper goods, best interest rate, awesome US based customer service.

Best bank I've ever worked with, so far and above the Chases and Wells Fargos that seem to nickel and dime you for a million things like having a minimum in your account.

The services Schwab offers are great too, you can do all sorts of cool stuff on their site.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 08:06 AM
    you know, i just tried this method (since i had snap installed i thought i didn't need this one) and as he says, it takes less than 10 min to have it in your BB... now i have 4 sources for apps (BB World, Snap, Amazon and Google Play)... funny because i use the same few apps all the time hahaha...

Try this : http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ctions-985344/
    You don't need any cable or extra device. It's straight on and consumes less than 10 minutes.
    Unfortunately, this is a "hack" and can't be distributed officially ... so, yeah it's sad, you have to DIY.

Of course it's only the store, not Google Services. So, not 100% apps will work (at all or 100%).
    But once you have it ... you have it all.

Whatever is your choice, it's yours.
    Keep in touch with BBM !
    07-02-15 08:46 AM
    Wow, sorry about that. I belong to a BlackBerry group and a lot of help in there additional to searching here on the forums for things like this. Even YouTube has step by step instructions. Either way, good luck to you. I love my Passport!
    anon(153966) likes this.
    07-02-15 09:06 AM
    I didn't read all the posts this thread...but my only thoughts are: Iphone6 is a Nissan Sentra...a nice Sentra. PP is a Porsche. Go back to the Sentra from some minor inconveniences that you seemed to be confused about, if you like. I'm going to blow by you in my Porsche.
    07-02-15 09:15 AM

Sorry to hear the fling is over but you gave it a chance and it doesn't meet your needs. Personally, the Passport, including the camera, is fine for my needs and that's the beauty of having options. No one phone, even the iPhone 6, meets every need. Good luck with your choice of device.
    07-02-15 09:16 AM
    Use what works for you. Not sure why the announcement though?
    I'm sure if the post said left iPhone for Passport it would be fine if that announcement was made.
    21stNow likes this.
    07-02-15 09:55 AM
    You're not taking Glamour Shots with a phone camera; you're taking, "hey I want to capture this moment." Unless you're swinging the phone around like you're trying to swat a bee or you've smudged the camera lens or you're trying to do something really weird, the vast majority of phone cameras work fine and you're down to, "do I want to 'settle' for this only being something like 2400x2000, or do I want my phone to make it 9600x8000 so I can count the number of pores on someone's nose?"

Get a holster.

Snap, as mentioned elsewhere.

I don't even get this, but I'm going to suggest that you should also complain about not being able to get an emulator to run Super Mario Brothers as well.

We're sure it does. Pretty sure it does on pretty much every phone out there, too.

Good luck with the iPhone, though. I still find it to be a mediocre, overrated, overpriced device - but some people are into that, and that's OK. That's what makes the world go around.
    07-02-15 10:02 AM
    You will come back but not with the passport....the slider...trust me on that one
    07-02-15 10:17 AM
    For comparison, I wish the OP would post a link to his "Goodbye iPhone, going to BBRY" thread that I'm sure he made as he was leaving that phone.
    07-02-15 10:27 AM
    I'm very happy switched from iPhone 5 to BlackBerry Z30 saved me a lot of money. For the price of one iPhone, I bought 3 Z30 on Black Friday for me/my family and very thrill with it performance, easy to use, HUB the best of all platforms and the killer battery (it seems to last forever). Even my niece iPhone user jealous with me, wondered why my Z30 took better picture than her iPhone.
    07-02-15 10:42 AM
    I'm noticing that anti BlackBerry posts are rapidly increasing her on CB. It is my personal opinion, but I'm getting filling that competition is doing hard job to show BlackBerry as piece of crap, and they are doing well. Many people will check opinions and I'm sure that many of them bought iProducts based on the writings here on the official forum.
    I could be wrong, but this post looks just like one of many troll posts.

This is my opinion, mod feel free to delete it.

Posted via CB10
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    07-02-15 11:05 AM
    How do I install SNAP? And why would one install SNAP with the Amazon App store already on our devices? I have the Classic and am somewhat upset I cannot get apps like Nextlix on my device. Also, are SNAP apps and the Google Play risking the security of my Device? Finally, the Classic came with a underperforming processor. Will there be lag in these apps?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 11:13 AM
    Not every phone is for everyone.

If you need a better camera and a smaller phone for running, then the Passport probably isn't a good fit for you.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    07-02-15 11:21 AM
    See Ya Slow Steve and I know you don't know the difference between the BlackBerry Classic and the Passport, but you know how to bash
    07-02-15 12:07 PM
    2 people in my home use 6 Plus-they're very nice but I love wider screen on Passport and physical keyboard. Battery life on 6 plus and Blackberry Passport are comparable.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 12:19 PM
    I can understand that. I have Snap installed, and use a couple of Android apps, BUT - I also have tried to use a couple of apps that will not run, because: "This app requires Google Play". No matter what I have tried, my Z10 cannot access Google Play.
    07-02-15 12:21 PM
98 1234