Hello,

I previously had a Z30 and couldn't stand the sluggishness of it nor the issues with some banking apps (even google play store apps had bugs) I gave up the Z30 for a Moto X Pure 2015 edition and was impressed with the speed, SD card add-on, specs and ability to add BB launcher and apps.

A deal too good to pass up came along and I now have a mint BB Passport SE! I love the look and feel of this thing!

I am however at a crossroads with the app issues I had before still present especially with banking apps... I have will wait until Mercury and see how I feel about going back. I do admit Google now with place cards is brilliant and a feature I am already missing.

I did have a Priv briefly but I did not like the feel of the phone in my hands. I love the interface and fluidity of BB10 and like many of you wish
    BB could have kept it going as well as presented developers with a business model to keep them interested in BB.

Just saying hello

Posted via CB10
    02-12-17 09:28 PM
    If you have both phones, would it be too much to carry both?

If you need the apps, either Hotspot or use it as a wifi only app device.

It's not for everyone, but it could work for you if you want it.

Some people hate carrying two devices.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    02-12-17 10:24 PM
    Appreciate your input. I'm on the fence. Do you have a secondary phone?

Posted via CB10
    02-12-17 10:57 PM
    Thing have only gone worse in the Apps category. The App gap is only getting bigger with Apps like Facebook and Whatsapp will no longer work without a work around.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 07:48 AM
    I recently got a bit relieved in terms of Facebook when I installed the Messenger Lite apk that the BB Guru Channel suggested. At least new messages appear in the Hub..

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 08:19 AM
    I recently got a bit relieved in terms of Facebook when I installed the Messenger Lite apk that the BB Guru Channel suggested. At least new messages appear in the Hub..

Posted via CB10
    Messenger lite also works on the Pebble.its awesome.

Android? No thanks. Just give me BB10 and CP/M and I'm a happy man.
    02-13-17 09:06 AM
    Appreciate your input. I'm on the fence. Do you have a secondary phone?

Posted via CB10
    I do. I recently tried to put my Passport away and strictly use an iPhone 7 Plus, but I don't think it can be done.

I'll be using my Passport or Classic as my daily driver and using the iPhone either via hot spot or trying to get another line with TMO.

02-13-17 10:26 AM
    Have you gone through the process of installing Google ID and Google Play on your Passport, as well as tweaked Android apps to work properly alongside Google Play? This made a huge difference for me -- especially with banking apps.

Just in case you haven't:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...g-page-965257/
    02-13-17 10:33 AM
    Have you gone through the process of installing Google ID and Google Play on your Passport, as well as tweaked Android apps to work properly alongside Google Play? This made a huge difference for me -- especially with banking apps.

Just in case you haven't:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...g-page-965257/
    Appreciate the follow up. I indeed did with this Passport SE and also back when I had my z30 in 2015.

Banking apps still seem to have an issue with depositing a cheque via the camera function in the android apps

Also two Canadian banks do not offer bb10 apps at all, and those banks seem to have an issue as mentioned above (for me).

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 12:15 PM
    I do. I recently tried to put my Passport away and strictly use an iPhone 7 Plus, but I don't think it can be done.

I'll be using my Passport or Classic as my daily driver and using the iPhone either via hot spot or trying to get another line with TMO.

I installed Cobalt's Priv apps on my non rooted Moto X Pure! That made a huge difference as it gave me almost all of the BB apps I needed. The hub worked flawlessly!

The only thing that seemed to not work was the launcher where it gives you three options, instead it just launched Google now for me. Password, calendar, contacts, etc all worked, and the Moto X Pure is also water resistant (not proof) whereby it also beats the Priv in feel and quality.

If you have an android phone, try Cobalts Priv install... worth it to also get a feel for what a true BB android would be like..

Oh, and toss Cobalt some greenbacks for his hard work if you haven't already!

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 12:20 PM
    I've carried a second phone for years. usually an android device of some sort. I don't think I'll give up my bb10 for daily work use but a dtek50 or something along the side would be a nice fit.

Even a tablet works for the apps you may have trouble with.

Posted via CB10
    dmlis likes this.
    02-13-17 12:22 PM
    Something is wrong with your Z30... i have one and its as fast as my dads passport

Posted via my BlackBerry two way pager
    02-13-17 12:22 PM
    I got the PP SE just in time I guess...use it since 2 months on and of (Classic is the other one). It is one of a kind, and right now all still works for me and as long as this is the case I don't worry. It is quite unique and I am happy to be part of the few getting to experience it.

CB10 on my PP SE
    02-13-17 01:23 PM
    Regarding two phones experience. I know it's weird for many, but for others it can be good solution. I was "forced" into 2 phones habit by my employer some years ago and still carry on. Mid range Android (IP certified) is always my secondary device. I keep non job and not critical stuff on it and use it in extreme conditions (rain, dust, etc.) without covers and extra precautions. While BB phone (Passport SE today) serves my business and most of communication needs and is always protected.
    02-13-17 02:24 PM
    Enjoy your passport OP. They are awesome devices.
    02-13-17 02:35 PM
    My one and only concern is that I work in film, and being on set sometimes we are in harsh conditions (think hours spent in the rain). I'll give the passport a wee or two and see how I like it.

Is there any type of BB app similar to the Google now with place cards for news / interests?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 04:05 PM
    I once had a Z10 & iPhone 6. I tried the Z10 for once. ONCE! & nothing feels better than that. I keep away my iPhone for almost a month before my Z10 broke (sim card tray pin broke). Then I have to go back to those sluggish iOS for fortnight I think. Then I sold my iPhone & get a BlackBerry Passport OG, I had no remorse for giving up iPhone for BlackBerry Passport OG. It's worth every penny.

via BlackBerry P A S S P O R T | Original Gangster
    02-14-17 05:24 AM
    What do you know, I can turn my Z30 into an emu machine paradise. This is ePSXe for android 2.0.7, playing Arc the Lad 3. Smoothly, if I may say so. I can even cheat with the built-in Game Shark. All the old PlayStation experience is there. Hahah!
    I can certainly install this on my Passport SE, but the screen wouldn't be right.

Returned to BB10 with a Passport SE :)-img_20170215_021452.jpg

Attachment 417448
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 02-14-17 at 04:48 PM.
    02-14-17 01:35 PM