Since BB10 goes EOL on the device side tomorrow, I've decided to login to my AT&T Passport to experience the nostalgia everyone blames me for being to harsh about.

I don't miss this hardware and it's doubletype issues. Goodbye Passport

Posted via CB10
    12-30-19 09:29 PM
    Since BB10 goes EOL on the device side tomorrow, I've decided to login to my AT&T Passport to experience the nostalgia everyone blames me for being to harsh about.

I don't miss this hardware and it's doubletype issues. Goodbye Passport

Posted via CB10

Your ruthless Chuck and I think we all secretly love it.

I still love my Pasport!

Posted via CB10
    12-30-19 10:25 PM
    Your ruthless Chuck and I think we all secretly love it.

I still love my Pasport!

Posted via CB10
    Everybody is entitled to what they love. I put it to sleep back in 2016 or so. I just didn’t have the same fond memories because that unique PKB was just too odd for me.

The flip side is that it did remind me the PRIV wasn’t any picnic either. For me I enjoyed my traditional PKB hardware far more.
    12-30-19 10:45 PM
    Everybody is entitled to what they love. I put it to sleep back in 2016 or so. I just didn’t have the same fond memories because that unique PKB was just too odd for me.

The flip side is that it did remind me the PRIV wasn’t any picnic either. For me I enjoyed my traditional PKB hardware far more.

I've never really used the BlackBerry virtual keyboard but always found it good. On the Priv, the actual physical keyboard was never that great but it did have some nice features.

The Priv was a solid device minus the well known issues.

Either way, Happy New Year Chuck and all the best for 2020.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-19 11:17 PM
    I keep a Z30 and a Classic charged up at all times for troubleshooting.

I certainly remember what drew me to the platform circa 2013/2014 compared to what was out there at the time.

But in 2019/2020, it just doesn't hold up to what a smartphone has become.

Even if used exclusively as an email warrior, the lack of cloud drive support (and no, I won't permanently enable SMB v1 on a constantly running Windows PC for remote access) makes it unworkable for me. I'm constantly moving files around between home and business servers and between various cloud solutions.

RCS is also a big upgrade to standard SMS/MMS messaging too.
    Last edited by conite; 12-30-19 at 11:45 PM.
    12-30-19 11:27 PM
    I've never really used the BlackBerry virtual keyboard but always found it good. On the Priv, the actual physical keyboard was never that great but it did have some nice features.

The Priv was a solid device minus the well known issues.

Either way, Happy New Year Chuck and all the best for 2020.

Posted via CB10
    Happy New Year as well curves..
    12-31-19 06:59 AM

I certainly remember what drew me to the platform circa 2013/2014 compared to what was out there at the time.

Even if used exclusively as an email warrior, the lack of cloud drive support (and no, I won't permanently enable SMB v1 on a constantly running Windows PC for remote access) makes it unworkable for me. I'm constantly moving files around between home and business servers and between various cloud solutions.

What I need is a Reddit Phone or such
    12-31-19 07:00 AM
    What I need is a Reddit Phone or such
    A dedicated device so it doesn't infect anything else.
    12-31-19 07:29 AM
    A dedicated device so it doesn't infect anything else.
    Well remember, there’s no Old Guard protection
    12-31-19 07:31 AM

I agree completely that the lack of native, secure cloud storage integration is the biggest limitation now on BB10. And yes, the work arounds are available, but entail huge compromises in convenience and/or security.

I find I am able to sync files via USB once or twice daily without much pain, but if constant syncing were a requirement, I'd have to move off of BB10 as a primary device.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    12-31-19 07:58 AM

Is there still a hack to get this to work on devices that don't automatically get the update? I went to do it the other day only to find it has been made redundant...

Posted via CB10
    12-31-19 08:00 AM
    Is there still a hack to get this to work on devices that don't automatically get the update? I went to do it the other day only to find it has been made redundant...

Posted via CB10
    I did the hack when it first came out, and haven't lost it since. I haven't had to look into it for a while, so I don't know if there are new methods.
    12-31-19 08:07 AM