My Passport screen was starting to come away so I sent away for repair, and received a new replacement one back. I had done the usual complete backup, and factory reset, before sending away the faulty one for repair. Now I can't restore the backup. There have been some error messages that say 'can't save the name of the device', and the rest are just backup unsuccessful messages. I tried the complete backup, and the custom backup, one part at a time. On the custom backup the app data one worked, but the other two (media, and contacts/calendar) didn't. Anyone got any ideas for me? Really appreciate some help as of course everything is on this phone!

Thanks so much

Neil | Galletas
    10-25-16 06:37 AM
    This is a good question. Can you rename your new device to the same name of your previous device before doing the restore?
    10-25-16 08:21 AM
    Great response - I was wondering if this might be the issue. Have been into Link multiple times now over the last few days and the first time I thought I would rename the new replacement PP so attempted but it didn't want to and came up with the error message about the name, so I though maybe that's the problem and subsequent attempts I didn't try to change the name to the original PP in Link. Now I have just changed it to the original name, and started the full restore again! So far, so good, on 5%, fingers crossed.

Thanks a zillion!

Neil
    Last edited by Galletas; 10-26-16 at 05:18 AM. Reason: typos!
    10-26-16 05:17 AM
    Naaa!!! Didn't work (error messages below). Vodafone said I would have to call Blackberry, so that's a dead end if ever I heard one - all my 6k+ contacts, and full calendar ... gone!

restoring Passport backup problems-restore-error-messages-attempted-full-just-apps-via-custom.png

Thanks

Neil
    10-26-16 06:30 AM
    Have now spoken to Blackberry and they tried all the usual tricks in BB Link, now they have sent logs from both BB Link and the phone itself to the technical department and I have to wait for up to two days for them to find out what the problem is! Meanwhile, no contacts, no diary and no passwords! Aagghh!
    10-27-16 04:40 AM
    Have now spoken to Blackberry and they tried all the usual tricks in BB Link, now they have sent logs from both BB Link and the phone itself to the technical department and I have to wait for up to two days for them to find out what the problem is! Meanwhile, no contacts, no diary and no passwords! Aagghh!
    If your Contacts, Calendar etc... are associated with Google email addie for example, then they will be pulled from the cloud when you add email account. In the future, you may want to export password keeper to SD card. Just a thought!

BlackBerry Since 2006. SE/Priv/DTEK50
    10-27-16 06:33 AM
    10-29-16 06:48 PM
    I had odd problems when restoring my black Passport files to a new Passport SE. In my case it was a problem with the USB drivers that my computer was trying to install when the SE was initially connected. The problem went away after unplugging the SE, rebooting everything and ignoring the prompt to install new USB drivers.
    10-31-16 05:58 AM