Hi all,

Had an issue with my original passport so had to send it back, got a new one now.

Anyhow first time round I couldn't get any of my data onto my passport as the phone died on me after a few hrs.

So coming from my z30, in link should I just use the device switch?? And from there what data should I be restoring??. I read that device settings shouldn't be restored to the passport as some things won't work ie black themes on certain apps. Also been looking through BlackBerry World and some of my apps that are on the z30 aren't available on the passport ie they don't show up as being available. But that's not a huge issue ,just need to get my passport back up and running.

Just need to restore my sms messages really, all my contacts and emails are in Gmail so I can just synch them back to my passport.

Any help/advice would be appreciated. I could just restore all my data from my z30 but I don't want to end up having more issues.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 06:37 PM
    I used link to move my data etc from my Z30 to my passport. I used the device switch feature (although I did download and install blackberry blend on my computer first. It seems to update BlackBerry link as well). I selected transfer all compatible data. Have had no issues with anything.

One more caveat - I was running 10.3.0.1154 on my Z30. So maybe that's why the settings and runtime have had no problems. As well, it only transfer apps that are compatible - not every one.

All good here. Day 6 with passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 07:09 PM
    Well on mine it seems to want to transfer over everything. In fact I just did a full restore from my z30 to my passport and it has brought everything over. But the dark theme in contacts does not work. Even a hard reboot won't fix it, I've wiped it now so I just need to figure out which apps I should transfer over and how to get my sms messages onto my passport without having to transfer device settings.

The other thing is my media backup file is showing as 500+ mb, I've taken out my sd card so it can't be that.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 07:16 PM
    The size of your backup seems normal (actually kinda small). It includes app data such as the few 100mb from apps like CB, and it also includes app binaries (the actual apps).

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 07:20 PM
    So what should I be transferring over to my passport from my z30?? I just don't want to have any issues after I've restored my data.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 07:35 PM
    My question would be - what OS are you running on the Z30? Have you installed Blend?

If you're running a 10.3 leak then just let it transfer everything applicable. Make sure you install Blend on your PC first.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 08:20 PM
    I have switched my data from my Z30 to the passport with no issues apart of the whatsapp that didn't work, had to delete it and then install it again. The conversations were still there, no issues with the conversations of text messages, but with BBM they were all gone....
    Also dark themes in contacts etc that I was using in the Z30 have been all restored.
    I had 10.2 OS in my Z.
    First install the Blend and then use the link and select switch devices. Select to transfer all compatible data. Ensure that you have add your BlackBerry ID in the passport before to connect to the computer. You will need as well to keep handy your email account passwords because you will be asked to insert them again in the new device.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    k__dam likes this.
    10-07-14 08:44 PM
    The biggest issue I've faced is that any Android apps installed from the Amazon app I had on my Z30 (with a leaked 10.3 version, natch,) errored out on restore. Now they show in my Amazon app as installed, but they don't exist on my new Passport, and I'm not able to download them again. It sounds like I have to wait for a new version of the Amazon app to be available to install, uninstall, then reinstall in order to re-download them. Alternatively, I could try to de-register this device then re-register, but I don't want to lose access to any apps I've already paid for-I'll be patient.

In essence, Amazon considers the Passport to be the same device as my Z30. On the Amazon website when I'm logged into my account, it only shows one device, although I've clearly used 2 with the same account info.

Otherwise, everything is A-OK!
    10-07-14 11:04 PM
    First install the Blend and then use the link and select switch devices. Select to transfer all compatible data. Ensure that you have add your BlackBerry ID in the passport before to connect to the computer. You will need as well to keep handy your email account passwords because you will be asked to insert them again in the new device.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    this worked for me. Tried twice to transfer data from Q5 to passport and each time the passport would not be able to connect. Finally downloaded blend, updated link and it all transferred without a hitch
    10-08-14 12:13 AM
    I have blend installed and ink has been updated. I'm running an official 10.2.1.3247 OS on my z30.

Tried to transfer my device settings but as I said contact and sms dark theme does not work even after a reboot.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 07:04 AM