Try to keep this short. Bought the wife a Passport, she can't get used to the keyboard layout so I'm taking it over and setting her up on my former Z30. Backed up her info via Link, transferred her SIM over and did a restore, all her info is there and the unit works perfect!! Now, I went to do the same with the Passport and for some reason the data content is showing there to be no content available to transfer over but there is 1.5GB of data there in the file. Another strange issue, she has her BBM ID on BOTH PHONES SIMULTANEOUSLY!!! I can't remove her BBID even after a security wipe because of BB Protect so I can't access my BBM either. Really sucks and I figure I must be overlooking something really obvious.....any suggestions on how to fix this issue?? I will not simply set up a new BBM ID because I should be able to set up mine on the Passport after I wipe her info out. And yes I've tried a security wipe and a reset several times to no success.
    11-08-15 06:04 PM
    Try to keep this short. Bought the wife a Passport, she can't get used to the keyboard layout so I'm taking it over and setting her up on my former Z30. Backed up her info via Link, transferred her SIM over and did a restore, all her info is there and the unit works perfect!! Now, I went to do the same with the Passport and for some reason the data content is showing there to be no content available to transfer over but there is 1.5GB of data there in the file. Another strange issue, she has her BBM ID on BOTH PHONES SIMULTANEOUSLY!!! I can't remove her BBID even after a security wipe because of BB Protect so I can't access my BBM either. Really sucks and I figure I must be overlooking something really obvious.....any suggestions on how to fix this issue?? I will not simply set up a new BBM ID because I should be able to set up mine on the Passport after I wipe her info out. And yes I've tried a security wipe and a reset several times to no success.
    You will need to turn of bbprotect on the passport, log in to protect.blackberry.com using her bbid, remove the passport from her bbid. After that is done you can wipe the passport and log in using your bbid and restore your info.

What OS I'm on is my business, get off my .... !
    11-08-15 08:51 PM
    That did it!!!! Fantastic and thanks for the birthday gift (Yesterday was my birthday) LOL!!
    11-09-15 06:04 AM
    That did it!!!! Fantastic and thanks for the birthday gift (Yesterday was my birthday) LOL!!
    Glad I could help out. Enjoy...

What OS I'm on is my business, get off my .... !
    11-09-15 01:37 PM