Hi - hoping someone again can help me. First time I need to access Password Keeper on my Passport and I see there are none. So they've not been transferred from my Z30 even though I followed the steps outlined by Blackberry to switch devices - ie., BB Link and the Device Switch app.

Given that I've now security wiped my Z30 and I have a full backup taken via BB Link can I restore the Password Keeper contents from the backup file to my Passport. I see there is an import function.

Also given that I received no errors or warnings about this why did they not transfer in the first place? I've been through several device switches over the years and this by far has been the worst. Just seems poor.

Thanks in advance.
    05-07-15 07:37 AM
    I think you should install password keeper before you do a restore. Or hit the import button and see what happens.

From my Jamaican Passport.
    05-07-15 08:51 AM
    I had the same issue when I went from my Q10 to Passport. Everything transferred except the PW Keeper. I had to download it off BlackBerry World. When I logged in there was no passwords and I thought it was all gone. However there is a way. Go into your link or hard-drive and look for the backup file. Manually transfer that over to your new device and when you log into PW Keeper it will ask you if you want to import and click yes and find backup file you brought over. It should work.

Posted via CB10
    Gordash likes this.
    05-07-15 08:53 AM
    Yikes. I hope your file is actually backed up. I always back up Password Keeper from within the app by exporting my passwords to a file. If you use the export feature you can actually put your backup on your SD card and move it between phones quite easily.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 09:06 AM
    I use the online backup. That is tied to your BlackBerry ID and syncs to the cloud.

Posted via CB10
    theotherjoeboy and -Puck- like this.
    05-07-15 10:58 AM
    I had the same issue when I went from my Q10 to Passport. Everything transferred except the PW Keeper. I had to download it off BlackBerry World. When I logged in there was no passwords and I thought it was all gone. However there is a way. Go into your link or hard-drive and look for the backup file. Manually transfer that over to your new device and when you log into PW Keeper it will ask you if you want to import and click yes and find backup file you brought over. It should work.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly same for me from Q10 to PP

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.1.1779)
    05-07-15 08:58 PM
    I sync mine to the cloud, this way my passwords are safe even if I lose my device. Maybe try restoring your backup to Z30 and see if you can sync to the cloud. Than sign into PP using the same id and turn the cloud sync on and wait for the passwords to come down.
    Gordash likes this.
    05-07-15 10:58 PM
    I switched from a Q10 to a Classic, both running 10.3. I allowed cloud sync on the Q10 and have it enabled on the Classic but nothing is coming over. When I go to the import option it only gives me the option to restore from files on the device. The USB port on my Q10 is toast, so getting enough charge to fire it up is tricky and potentially impossible. Do I just need to be patient for them to sync up or is there a way I can get the ball rolling?
    05-08-15 09:49 AM
    It's supposed to sync to the cloud. Can you restore that way? If not, try a selective restore for just Password Keeper.
    05-08-15 12:57 PM
    OK had a look at this again and bad news. So just to confirm I no longer have my previous phone, the Z30. Before I performed the device switch I took a full device backup. The device switch also took at full backup. I did NOT export the Password Keeper entries within the app, never have done before.

I downloaded Password Keeper and copied the FULL device backup to my PP but the import feature doesn't even see the backup file. So I assume this only works if you have backed up Password Keeper in isolation.

So next I tried this via BB Link, and what I have found is that if I select the restore option and ONLY choose Password Keeper it appears to restore. States it has restored 100% and the device restarts - no idea why a restore of this would require a device restart but it does. I get NO errors, warnings or anything unusual. But when I open Password Keeper it has not restored anything and just presents me with the screen after you enter your Password Keeper passowrd stating you have no entries and would you like to ADD or IMPORT.

So my question is simple, has anyone got any ideas on how I can resolve this ... in the absence of actually having another BB10 device or my original Z30?

Thanks.
    05-20-15 03:48 AM
    Had a tinker last night, so the bbb files are just zip files. Unzip that and there are a number of other files. A lot of files ending in .data or .bin. These on a Linux machine just come back as "data" files - so it's not a file type that Linux recognises. And doing a "strings" on a number of them doesn't tell me a great deal either. So obviously the files within the bbb backup are encrypted somehow.

Really annoyed that the restore via BB Link hasn't worked and gives no errors and official BB Support are next to useless. I've not given up yet mind you. This has been by far the worst device switch I've been through .... and I've done a fair few over the years.

Thanks.
    05-21-15 05:47 AM
    Try using custom restore from your old bbb file, but choose only Password Keeper and Settings.

Make sure password keeper is already installed before doing this and create a new backup.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 07:03 AM
    Try using custom restore from your old bbb file, but choose only Password Keeper and Settings.

Make sure password keeper is already installed before doing this and create a new backup.

Posted via CB10
    Yep done that - several times. Still the same, no errors, warnings, alerts or anything. Just states that the restore is 100% complete but nothing gets restored.
    05-21-15 09:23 AM