I have a red Passport which takes photos upside down. I have checked using BB Virtual Expert and the orientation sensors are indeed broken. If I keep orientation lock enabled, the only issue is the photo taking orientation.

This has been through many OS updates (Autoloaders, Blitz, etc) so a reload won't work.

I am unwilling to send it for repair as I bought it from Amazon USA and I live in the UK (I was desperate for the exclusive red one so it was delivered to my wife's hotel while she was on holiday). When the screen lifted it took over a month to get a replacement. The difficulty was because it is a red one and the shipping to/from USA. In the end BB and Amazon did sort it out but I don't want to go through twenty phone calls and one month with no phone again. I doubt they have any red ones in stock now and they don't seem to repair anything, just replace the phone.

I am prepared to live with the fault rather than have it replaced with a non-red one but would like to consider a repair in the UK if Ibcan get parts.

My question is, are replacement sensors available and can new sensors be soldered in to the phone so that I can keep this red one?
    01-27-17 03:54 AM
    Hello, reading your problem i looked for over the internet to find out the solution. But the best i have come across on different forums are people recommending you to get your device to a good mobile technician closer to you. They would be the best ones giving you solution on your hardware issue. As per my knowledge sensors can be replaced but not repaired.
    01-27-17 06:28 AM
    Would say go back to stock OS.
    and what app are you using to take pictures?
    01-28-17 12:26 AM