I found this: Front Glass for BlackBerry Passport - Parts4repair.Com

My glass is completely broken but the touchscreen still works.

Did somebody replace just the glass and got it back together working? Can it be done or do I need some special tools ?

Thanks !
    09-17-15 04:18 PM
    i never heard that you can replace just the glass it's the screen or the assembly but i can be wrong
    09-17-15 04:26 PM
    As far as I know the touch portion is fastened to the glass.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 04:29 PM
    They sell it separately but it would be more of a pain to repair if you had to take apart the old one, likely breaking the lcd in the process. Plus you'll have dust get in so it won't look good. They are separate pieces during manufacture but are assembled after. You can buy them individually but you might want to consider getting a screen in the process.

In a nutshell, get the assembled one.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 04:45 PM
    Yes you can separate them. But it isn't exactly easy.
    And you may run across screen glass separation later down the road if you don't get a good adhesion when re assembling it.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    09-17-15 08:44 PM
    Thanks for die replys.

I forgot about dust, good point. Getting a good glue should not be the problem. My thinking was to get REALLY good glue and re assemble it even better than before (liftscreen problem etc.).

For the curious: You need a T4 and T1 Torx and it's pretty easy to take the Passport a part (battery needs some patient and bravery, still easy).
    09-18-15 02:32 AM
    Thanks for die replys.

I forgot about dust, good point. Getting a good glue should not be the problem. My thinking was to get REALLY good glue and re assemble it even better than before (liftscreen problem etc.).

For the curious: You need a T4 and T1 Torx and it's pretty easy to take the Passport a part (battery needs some patient and bravery, still easy).
    Hey guys,
    My BB Passport also took a dive on the sidewalk, and unfortunately hit the top right corner and got damaged. Just the screen though, the LCD and touch still works flawlessly.

Can anyone suggest what to do? No one seems to repair this device in Argentina, which would mean I'd have to buy the parts from overseas and hope they work for my model once they get here (1-2 months at least!).

Thanks for the help!
    09-26-17 04:18 PM
    Replacement screens sell on ebay for 25$. There are also diisassembly videos on the internet to guide with the repair. BlackBerry 10 phones are easiest to repair, which is one reason why i like them.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-17 05:26 AM