Can anyone advise how to remove sim card from the Passport? It seemed to be deeply latched and I could not remove it!

Please help.
    09-28-14 03:00 AM
    Press down on it and it activates the spring within it
    09-28-14 03:04 AM
    Thanks. I guess mine was stuck due to nano sim trimmed from micro sim.
    09-28-14 04:06 AM
    Hi,
    I have a similar problem. T-mobile trimmed the SIM-card and pushed it hardly in. Now I cannot remove it anymore and the t-mobile guy looked at me and says that it's basically my problem. I can barely see the SIM card and even pushing it further in won't allow me to get it out. I have not the feeling that there is a spring activated. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.
    11-03-14 07:18 PM
    You need to use a small screwdriver or a pair of tweezers.

Hi,
    I have a similar problem. T-mobile trimmed the SIM-card and pushed it hardly in. Now I cannot remove it anymore and the t-mobile guy looked at me and says that it's basically my problem. I can barely see the SIM card and even pushing it further in won't allow me to get it out. I have not the feeling that there is a spring activated. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.
    11-03-14 07:20 PM
    Hi,
    Does the phone indicate it is in?

I only say this as I was a little careless when I first put mine in and it went just above the actual slot and slipped in between the slot and the bezel allowing it to slip all the way past where you can grab it. I used a small pin to dig at it and got it out.

Not saying that is what folks are having issue with but it is a possibility....it should bottom out with some exposed and also have a spring effect as you push it in.
    11-03-14 08:04 PM
    Use a pin and stick the side of the card to pull it up
    11-03-14 08:10 PM
    I cut my sim originally... they are too thick. I had to take the phone apart and push it out from the bottom up. It wasn't easy and I don't recommend it for novices or those without the proper tools. There is a good teardown video crackberry posted a while ago.

I can't stress this enough but as many of us have learned DO NOT USE A CUT SIM IN THE PASSPORT and likewise do not put an empty sim card adapter into your old phone lol

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 08:50 PM
    use needle will do... my wife just tried it and succeed
    11-14-14 09:15 AM
    Don't be cheap and get a nano. Better than paying for repairs later on.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.1418
    PhonePuddin likes this.
    11-14-14 09:23 AM
    Can I pick up a nano sim from any carrier? Or will it lock my unlocked passport to that carrrier?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 11:42 AM
    Can I pick up a nano sim from any carrier? Or will it lock my unlocked passport to that carrrier?

Posted via CB10
    If your phone is truly unlocked there should be no problem.

Posted via Passport - The Beast!
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    11-14-14 11:52 AM
    Once a phone is unlocked it's not possible to become locked again to a carrier without special software. A sim will not lock a device to a carrier otherwise there would be no point lol

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 11:52 AM
    Thanks! I ordered my Passport from ShopBlackBerry so I hope it's unlocked (as advertised) thanks again.

If your phone is truly unlocked there should be no problem.

11-14-14 11:56 AM
    Thank you - I've never been quite sure so I appreciate this

Once a phone is unlocked it's not possible to become locked again to a carrier without special software. A sim will not lock a device to a carrier otherwise there would be no point lol

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 11:57 AM
    Wow if you're on AT&T just go to a corporate store and they'll give you one free. I haven't paid for a SIM card in years.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 11:58 AM
    BGK-I always unlock my Rogers phones and, when I go to Europe I just use a local sim card - no problems!

11-14-14 12:00 PM
    I'm on Virgin Mobile Canada so I'll pay no doubt but they're about $ 4 - $8 right?
    11-14-14 12:01 PM
    In the UK all you have to do is contact your carrier ask for a nano sim pay 5($7.50) and voila new sim arrives by post a day later.

Via CB10 from Scotland using my awesome PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-14-14 12:01 PM
    WTF is wrong with my previous post?

Don't think the CB10 app and the passport play well together yet.

11-14-14 12:02 PM
    Ah, I don't see anything wrong with it? I appreciate your comment re the nano sim.

WTF is wrong with my previous post?

Don't think the CB10 app and the passport play well together yet.

11-14-14 12:07 PM
    Trick with needle is working. If card goes all the way inside then you can do this through three small holes above the top of the SIM card. Good luck!
    hyc121 likes this.
    04-21-15 08:21 AM