Well the other user talked about a tent loll

Posted via CB10 Right on Cue
    07-26-14 07:14 PM
    To me as a business executive travelling between Asia and Europe on a frequent basis, I just can not run the risk of missing that important call or message as our clients rely on each of our team to be accessible 24/6. So though i'd love to give the Passport a shot, if it doesn't come with a removable battery, I can't accept it. No matter how powerful its internal battery may be.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 02:35 AM
    Well the other user talked about a tent loll
    But I didn't talk about a week... I talked about weekends.

Obviously that example doesn't work for an entire week, but it would be good.
    Last edited by II ARROWS; 07-28-14 at 08:30 AM.
    07-28-14 05:21 AM
    To me as a business executive travelling between Asia and Europe on a frequent basis, I just can not run the risk of missing that important call or message as our clients rely on each of our team to be accessible 24/6. So though i'd love to give the Passport a shot, if it doesn't come with a removable battery, I can't accept it. No matter how powerful its internal battery may be.

Posted via CB10
    Wonderfully said.
    BoldMaverick likes this.
    07-28-14 07:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thank you same here, would have loved to become part of that niche Passport group (everything about that thing just screams professional, serious and get the job done to me), but a non removable battery kills it all. On to the Classic now.
    TechieAttorney likes this.
    07-29-14 05:54 PM
    What are the technical considerations that would push a manufacturer to choose a non-removable design? Ease of manufacture? Reduced production costs?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-29-14 06:00 PM
    What are the technical considerations that would push a manufacturer to choose a non-removable design? Ease of manufacture? Reduced production costs?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    You answered your own question, actually. The main reasons are as you've described.

Lowers costs for the consumer, larger batteries also.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 06:33 PM
    Why to swap battery, this battery is huge and will last through the day easy......some people always have complains lol

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 08:33 AM
    Why to swap battery, this battery is huge and will last through the day easy......some people always have complains lol

Posted via CB10
    Why would you accuse someone of "always" complaining just because you disagree with the one complaint s/he has made. I have followed these forums for quite some time. I have never complained until this forum post (if this can be considered a complaint at all, rather than a criticism of the loss of a feature).

Getting back to your first question, why swap batteries, you have not been reading the posts very well. Many have expressed reasons, varying from mere convenience (never having to have the device tied to an electrical outlet), the ability to not worry about battery drain when traveling (such as flight delays etc.), the ability to instantly recharge if you fell asleep without plugging in your phone, the ability to avoid long term battery degradation, and other reasons.

When someone jumps in to criticize another's viewpoint and accuses them of complaining for no reason without even reading the posts, as you have done, the civility and useful nature of these forums degrades, not unlike a non-removable battery. It is simply not polite.
    07-30-14 08:39 AM
    Why would you accuse someone of "always" complaining just because you disagree with the one complaint s/he has made. I have followed these forums for quite some time. I have never complained until this forum post (if this can be considered a complaint at all, rather than a criticism of the loss of a feature).

Getting back to your first question, why swap batteries, you have not been reading the posts very well. Many have expressed reasons, varying from mere convenience (never having to have the device tied to an electrical outlet), the ability to not worry about battery drain when traveling (such as flight delays etc.), the ability to instantly recharge if you fell asleep without plugging in your phone, the ability to avoid long term battery degradation, and other reasons.

When someone jumps in to criticize another's viewpoint and accuses them of complaining for no reason without even reading the posts, as you have done, the civility and useful nature of these forums degrades, not unlike a non-removable battery. It is simply not polite.
    Most people have no idea of what life in the legal world is like, and have no idea of the hours and workload involved. They just think of Suits and Ally McBeal (okay, I'm showing my age now).

But even heavy personal users may want to swap batteries. At times I would swap batteries on my 9810 before heading out for the evening, and this was all for personal use, during the days of a single core CPU, small screen and no LTE.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-30-14 09:13 AM
    All I'm trying to say is that there can't be a perfect phone because nobody is perfect. So what suits you may not suit me. Different people with different needs soooooo I don't care if it has a swappable battery or not.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 09:20 AM
    All I'm trying to say is that there can't be a perfect phone because nobody is perfect. So what suits you may not suit me. Different people with different needs soooooo I don't care if it has a swappable battery or not.

Posted via CB10
    I agree no phone can be perfect for all users. Thank you for changing your tone from your first response, which was judgmental and accused people of always complaining just because you did not agree with their viewpoint.
    07-30-14 09:25 AM
    Let's be real, while the Passport's battery is considered to be a monster and will probably last me an entire day for my usage it simply cannot compete with popping off the cover, replacing the battery, and instantly seeing that 99% percent.

Ever since I've bought battery packs, the "panic" of having my phone dying out somewhere sometime has gone out of the window.

When I first bought the packs, I thought I would never use them and they were just a gimmick that I would use once in a blue moon, however, over time I've become super attached to them and would never leave the house with out them.

With that said, the Passport's non removable battery is not a deal breaker for me. And now, I will go replace my battery on my Z10 for an instantaneous full charge

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 09:37 AM
    It MUST have a removable battery.
    08-10-14 05:13 PM
    I feel the same way. A removable battery is something that has kept many of us loyal to Blackberry. The ability to travel and never worry about power; the ability to check the battery status on your way of the office, with your bag already over your shoulder and people holding the elevator for you, notice it is only at 40%, take five more seconds and swap the battery for an instant 99%, will be lost with this new device. I want the Passport, but without a removable battery, I just don't think I can make the switch.
    08-10-14 05:18 PM
    I feel the same way. A removable battery is something that has kept many of us loyal to Blackberry. The ability to travel and never worry about power; the ability to check the battery status on your way of the office, with your bag already over your shoulder and people holding the elevator for you, notice it is only at 40%, take five more seconds and swap the battery for an instant 99%, will be lost with this new device. I want the Passport, but without a removable battery, I just don't think I can make the switch.
    I assume you are aware of the Z30, and how highly it's Battery is spoken of?

Anyone willing to abandon a BlackBerry with amazing battery, though despite being non-user swappable is no loyal BlackBerry user.

Posted via CB10
    baspeed likes this.
    08-10-14 05:54 PM
    What? You seem to define loyalty to a brand as being loyal no matter what features are lost. That is not loyalty, than is fan-boy status. That is why Apple fanatics are so often put down on this site. There is an impression by Blackberry users that Apple users have blind loyalty and not loyal because of anything the brand does for them, but are only loyal because of how the brand makes them look. Now you suggest Blackberry users should act the same way.
    08-10-14 05:58 PM
    You seem to define loyalty to a brand as being loyal no matter what features are lost. That is not loyalty, than is fan-boy status.
    I implied no such thing. I simply stated that the willingness to abandon a company without a full understanding behind the reasons for such decisions does not by any means make a loyal consumer.

There is an impression by Blackberry users that Apple users have blind loyalty and not loyal because of anything the brand does for them, but are only loyal because of how the brand makes them look.
    Again, I said no such thing. I did not even reference Apple, yet you brought the irrelevant opinions you have forward when they are not due. I assume the 'Attorney' label in your name has no meaning to your career - as you seem to be unable to read what I have said, and rebuttal in a proper fashion.

Now you suggest Blackberry users should act the same way.
    Again, I said absolutely no such thing. I sincerely hope you aren't that diluted.

Furthermore, I have absolutely no interest in conversing with someone willing to bring bias, opinion, and irrelevant made up fallacies into discussion rather than sticking to facts.

Please do not mistake this for arrogance, it's absolutely not intended to come across in that manner; your comments absolutely warranted this reply correcting your mistaken beliefs of what I have said.
    Last edited by DYLANHABKIRK; 08-10-14 at 06:40 PM.
    08-10-14 06:26 PM
    At some point you have to lay your head down to sleep. Why wouldn't you charge it then? When are you charging these removable batteries? I would just buy you a few chargers and call it a day. One for home, work, and another to keep in your bag when you are elsewhere (airport, different office, etc). I guess myself and some others wouldn't understand because of your profession. Good luck to you.
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    08-10-14 06:32 PM
    I implied no such thing. I simply stated that the willingness to abandon a company without a full understanding behind the reasons for such decisions does not by any means make a loyal consumer.
    Yes, you did. Maybe not on purpose, but you did it.
    Because for any reason, the only advantage is on the production costs, not on user.
    They can make the biggest battery ever, but still making it removable.
    TechieAttorney likes this.
    08-10-14 06:40 PM
    Yes, you did. Maybe not on purpose, but you did it.
    Because for any reason, the only advantage is on the production costs, not on user.
    They can make the biggest battery ever, but still making it removable.
    If you can quote where I said that, than I will admit it.

Otherwise I have not. You are stating your opinion and your interpretation - not a factual basis for what I have said.

Perhaps reading the definition of "loyal" will help you.

In addition, stating:
    the only advantage is on the production costs
    shows an absolute ignorance to the further advantages.

As a last statement in this forum, consider the above.

I hope you both consider further educating yourselves on the benefits of the new battery decisions, and find ways to utilize it to your advantage in your consumer habits.

Good luck to you both.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DYLANHABKIRK; 08-10-14 at 07:11 PM.
    08-10-14 06:41 PM
    Anyone willing to abandon a BlackBerry with amazing battery, though despite being non-user swappable is no loyal BlackBerry user.
    This is where you said it. You seem to think "[a]nyone willing to abandon a BlackBerry with [an] amazing Blackberry... is no loyal BlackBerry user." That is not right. First, loyalty is about providing me what I need and me exchanging my business and professional recommendation is return. Loyalty is not about blinding sticking to a company even when they remove a feature you find critical to daily productivity. Just because the feature we are discussing is more important to me than to you does not mean you are right and I am wrong. I am not abandoning anyone. This is about the consumer. I love BlackBerry and want to stick with them, but know this, I don't owe the company anything, not even loyalty. I am a consumer. I get what I pay for. Truth be told, if we want to play the equities, with the way the stock has performed, the company may owe me. Of course it doesn't, but I just want to be clear. I owe Blackberry nothing, not even loyalty. BlackBerry owes me, the consumer, very little. They should be working to earn my loyalty. Blackberry owes me, the shareholder, the best possible business decisions. So stop accusing people of being disloyal as if loyalty has some reasonable place is this conversation.
    08-10-14 07:49 PM
    I hope you both consider further educating yourselves on the benefits of the new battery decisions, and find ways to utilize it to your advantage in your consumer habits.
    Please list all your qualifications and all of mine with regard to "the benefits of the new battery decisions". I would like to see the basis for your assertion that I need more education on the matter. Your assertion works off the presumption you know more than I do. So please show me what led you to that condescending conclusion.
    08-10-14 07:52 PM
    Generally, using a non-removable battery means an increase in battery life as more space can be dedicated to the battery as opposed to the battery mount, removable cover and all the internal bits of plastic that make it look neat when the back cover is off. I'm sure it was cited in an interview with the one plus one designers that they were able to use a 20% larger battery in the device as they had made it non-removable. I think this sounds like a fair swap. With regards to power on the move I tend to use an external battery plugged into my z10 rather than replacing the cell as I don't have to power down and wait for the phone to boot. I can just keep moving

Posted from my Z or Q!
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    08-10-14 08:05 PM
    Whether removable or not, Passport will have some great battery life.

"@Ent_Mobility_AU: solid hardware & nice enhancements to software. #Passport is clearly aimed at the power user that needs awesome battery & qwerty??"

"@Ent_Mobility_AU: comparing the @BlackBerry #passport & @nokia #lumia930 battery, today the #passport wins as #930 needs charging! #passport would be at 70%"

I loved the fact that the Z10 and Q10 had removable batteries. I bought a battery back for my Z10 in fact. Keeping those charged all the time was a bit of a pain.

The Z30 has ended the stress involved with charging multiple batteries though, and I can't wait to try the Passport based on these initial impressions. I charge my device once a day now, versus charging two batteries for the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    08-10-14 08:20 PM
174 ... 23456 ...