I hated how the virtual keyboard will take up a large portion of any remote desktop session. However with the Passport this issue is resolved!

Who need limited Excel when you can get the whole thing?
    Remote Desktop experience with the Passport is awesome!-img_20141014_091954.png

Perhaps even Visio?
    Remote Desktop experience with the Passport is awesome!-img_20141014_092335.png

The developer is looking into using the touchpad to control the cursor and everything will be set.

Once they get Cisco AnyConnect VPN working. I can leave my notebook at home. Passport is a must have for any sys admin.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 11:31 AM
    Awesome!

Which app is that?
    10-14-14 11:40 AM
    Remote Desktop for Blackberry -RDP

Remote Desktop for BlackBerry - RDP - BlackBerry World

It's a pay app but well worth it. Native. Fast. Built for BlackBerry.
    blusls, JGoodard and mrimperfect like this.
    10-14-14 11:51 AM
    Maybe you could use the BES micro vpn, your BES admin should rollout the rdp app

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 12:34 PM

This will be tremendous help to my work, if the developer incorporates the trackpad function. That my friend, is heaven.
    10-14-14 12:46 PM
    This app has been pretty good on my Z10, so I can't wait to try it on my Passport. Friday can't get here soon enough!

Posted via BBCBZ10
    10-14-14 12:50 PM
    I use this app daily on my Q10 for work. I have been wanting to get a PP but it seems the wait will be for months now.

I agree with the original poster, this is where the PP keyboard shines compared to other formats. The BlackBerry Passport is a productivity machine.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 06:51 PM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Passport IS a productivity Machine, indeed!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 06:56 PM
    Whoa...

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 07:27 PM

Thanks for the help, and great screenshot, but I would not call RDP something a system administrator would do as the end all and be all.

I want direct AD access,
    I want direct EMS access,
    I want direct Powershell access,
    I want a direct connection to control Polycom and Cisco/Tandem equipment - even live adjustments like we cannot in the browser.

Just some of the big screen functions a sys administration requires

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    10-14-14 08:09 PM
    Thanks for the help, and great screenshot, but I would not call RDP something a system administrator would do as the end all and be all.

I want direct AD access,
    I want a direct connection to control Polycom and Cisco/Tandem equipment - even live adjustments like we cannot in the browser.

Don't know about the others, but can't you just run powershell through rep? It is running on the host machine. Next best thing to being there.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 08:20 PM
    This is one awesome aspect of a big square screen where the rectangles just cannot compete! Looking forward to the mouse cursor control via the touchpad!

I also hope Citrix Receiver comes to Passport in BlackBerry World... was bummed to see it unavailable for the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 08:30 PM
    I hated how the virtual keyboard will take up a large portion of any remote desktop session. However with the Passport this issue is resolved!

Who need limited Excel when you can get the whole thing?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141014_091954.png 
Views:	3886 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	305938

Perhaps even Visio?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141014_092335.png 
Views:	3878 
Size:	171.3 KB 
ID:	305939

The developer is looking into using the touchpad to control the cursor and everything will be set.

Once they get Cisco AnyConnect VPN working. I can leave my notebook at home. Passport is a must have for any sys admin.

Posted via CB10
    If you can control the mouse with the key pad... oh boy!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 08:50 PM

I want direct AD access,

I don't understand what you are looking for.

Can't you RDP to the Exchange or Domain Controller machines? Or run a command prompt on the server itself? Open up Powershell on any server and execute the commands you need?

Either you run it on the server itself or you can go to a server which has the tools you need and run it.
    10-15-14 01:35 PM
    Probably a dumb question, but where do you remote on to open Excel as per your screenshots?

It looks brilliant if it works - the real McCoy. Can you create, edit and run macros?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 01:43 PM
    For personal use, is this app really worth it when Teamviewer ia available for free ?
    10-15-14 01:46 PM
    Probably a dumb question, but where do you remote on to open Excel as per your screenshots?

It looks brilliant if it works - the real McCoy. Can you create, edit and run macros?

Posted via CB10
    I keep my work computer on all the time. I can use RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) to access my machine to check up stuff which would be a pain to do on my phone. It has links to servers, mapped drives, my files, whatever I need. It is as I am "remotely" accessing my computer from my phone. So yes, you can do whatever you can on Excel as if you are on your computer (create, edit or run macro). It will lock your computer when you do this, so when you come back. Log back in and you can continue where you left off.

Normally with a rectangular phone, you would need to change to landscape to squeeze your desktop display in there. When you want to type something, the virtual keyboard will pop up and squeeze your display into a tiny view. This makes it almost unusable.

With the Passport, there is no virtual keyboard (besides the one virtual row). This will allow you to see the whole picture when you are typing. For Excel, you can see the adjoining cells clearly and type whatever formula you need.

The only negative now is the cursor still needs touch control. Trying to get the cursor into particular cells can be a bit difficult. The developer is looking into having that controlled by the virtual trackpad. Once that is done, it will be "perfect". You wouldn't need to touch the screen to do whatever you need.
    damien kupuku and JGoodard like this.
    10-15-14 01:56 PM
    For personal use, is this app really worth it when Teamviewer ia available for free ?
    Looking at Teamviewer, it isn't a native app so if you usually want to maximize your Passport, I would go with a BlackBerry based solution. I doubt any of those will have proper non-physical keyboard support or even virtual trackpad.
    10-15-14 02:00 PM
    Just being able to control the cursor is not enough for using Excel.

How would you 'click'?
    How would you 'hold click and move cursor' for selecting multiple cells?
    How would you 'drag and drop' files?
    10-15-14 02:32 PM
    Looks good, but I can't get Splashtop to work (android apk)

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 02:54 PM
    Just being able to control the cursor is not enough for using Excel.

How would you 'click'?
    How would you 'hold click and move cursor' for selecting multiple cells?
    How would you 'drag and drop' files?
    For information on how to use Remote Desktop you can take a look here: BTGCO

Click = Tap
    Click and hold (drag with mouse button down) = Press + long hold
    Drag and Drop Files = As above, Press + long hold.
    10-15-14 03:23 PM
    Would have bought this app but it does not work with OSX... staying on Teamviewer
    10-15-14 04:21 PM
    It is a great app, use it since the Z10 release. A life saver on multiple occasions!
    10-15-14 04:30 PM
    Looks good, but I can't get Splashtop to work (android apk)

Posted via CB10
    Check out Splashtop Personal in BlackBerry World! You can find it at

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/22013891

Posted with X10 via CB10
    10-15-14 10:10 PM
    Teamviewer and the MS RDP app for Android work wonderfully. I imagine it would work even nicer on the passport! Getting to laptop replacement levels here.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 10:26 PM
46 12