Ok I had to try, the MS RDP app works great on my Q10...doing anything with a remote 24" monitor, on a 3.5" screen is another matter, but it hooked up fast and smooth.
    10-16-14 10:38 AM
    This is one of the reasons I am getting the passport. Glad to see that it works as well as I thought.

Posted with two cups and a piece of string.
    10-16-14 11:01 AM
    Has anyone been able to generate a capital letter while typing on the Passport from within the Remote Desktop app? If i long press on a letter, such as 'e', it just types eeeeee. If i press the Shift key, it does not capitalize the letter.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 09:49 AM
    Thanks for the help, and great screenshot, but I would not call RDP something a system administrator would do as the end all and be all.

I want direct AD access,
    I want direct EMS access,
    I want direct Powershell access,
    I want a direct connection to control Polycom and Cisco/Tandem equipment - even live adjustments like we cannot in the browser.
    So you want to open all the ports on your firewall too? I could not disagree with you more, I would want to securely connect to my network and then use an RDP session to perform any of those activities on a machine that is local on the network. Bandwidth, connectivity issues, security, I can't even begin to understand your perspective here...
    10-24-14 12:44 PM
    Has anyone been able to generate a capital letter while typing on the Passport from within the Remote Desktop app? If i long press on a letter, such as 'e', it just types eeeeee. If i press the Shift key, it does not capitalize the letter.
    On a more positive note, I did not try this app because of the capital letter issue, but I did install the Microsoft RDP app for android on my passport, and it's also a dream. I can't wait to get VPN working, because the RDP app from microsoft is a 10/10, even running on the passport. If you have iOS products, the Microsoft RDP app works just as good on iOS as it does on Android, especially if combined with a bluetooth keyboard. Luckily, the passport handles the Android version like a champ.

Here is a screenshot:
    Remote Desktop experience with the Passport is awesome!-rdp-passport.jpg

Tips:
    1. use "zoomed out mode" before connecting
    2. leave the bottom black bar visible when connecting, and disable it after you connect. do the same in reverse. You will know what I mean when you load up an android app, swipe down and there are 2 options.

Install:
    1. you can sideload it, or sideload "SNAP" and download the Microsoft RDP client from the google play store.

Enjoy
    Last edited by miketedeschi; 10-24-14 at 12:54 PM. Reason: clarify android vs ios comment
    10-24-14 12:51 PM
    On a more positive note, I did not try this app because of the capital letter issue, but I did install the Microsoft RDP app for android on my passport, and it's also a dream. I can't wait to get VPN working, because the RDP app from microsoft is a 10/10, even running on the passport. If you have iOS products, the Microsoft RDP app works just as good on iOS as it does on Android, especially if combined with a bluetooth keyboard. Luckily, the passport handles the Android version like a champ.

Here is a screenshot:

Tips:
    1. use "zoomed out mode" before connecting
    2. leave the bottom black bar visible when connecting, and disable it after you connect. do the same in reverse. You will know what I mean when you load up an android app, swipe down and there are 2 options.

Install:
    1. you can sideload it, or sideload "SNAP" and download the Microsoft RDP client from the google play store.

Enjoy
    Have you used this with a gateway server? Didn't seem to work properly when I tried. It says it's connected, but doesn't show the desktop.

Oh well, I would rather stick with the native RDP app anyway. Hopefully, the update will address the capital letter issue.

Posted via BBCB10PP
    10-24-14 05:42 PM
    Double post
    10-24-14 05:43 PM
    Teamviewer runs fantastically on the Passport!

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 06:40 PM
    microsoft RDP app for android stopped working for me with the latest update. not sure if it's the app or the android player on the BB. anyone else?
    12-23-14 11:05 AM
    Teamviewer runs fantastically on the Passport!

Posted via CB10
    Until 10.3.1.1154

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    12-23-14 12:43 PM
    TeamViewer runs very well but RDP is faster / more responsive, even from a pc...

It would be awesome if the developer could update the app for passport to use the keyboard as a touchpad and the volume buttons as left and right click and mute as shift, that would make it perfect in my opinion...

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 10:51 PM
    Man, I just need citrix for the passport....
    02-03-15 11:51 PM
    Okay.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 08:11 AM
    microsoft RDP app for android stopped working for me with the latest update. not sure if it's the app or the android player on the BB. anyone else?
    Stopped working for me too. I'm on a Z10 with 10.3.1.1581.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 02:31 PM
    What is required to install on the PC itself to use RDP (if anything)?
    I'm tempted to try this on my work PC which I usually leave on. Not sure if it will make through the firewalls and corporate security settings.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 08:46 PM
    Does it work with the standard edition windows 8.1? I'd get it just to try out with my dell tablet if it did.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 09:23 PM
    Sorry for possibly reviving a dead thread but:

I use RDS on the Passport and its wonderful - fast, easy, all that. However, typing is AWFUL. Typing on this keyboard where a keyboard tap counts as a mouse click always clicks away and prevents me from typing. Unless I don't lift my fingers, but that slows me down immensely.

Is there a way to turn this off, preferably without affecting other features of the touchscreen keyboard?
    03-10-15 02:13 PM
    Has this app been updated to allow the Touch Keyboard to control the mouse cursor ?
    03-29-15 04:26 PM
    I'm using slpashtop... runs on windows and linux Machines. And it's amazing fast, I love it.

モーニング娘。15 ... my BlackBerryZ : Storm9500, Torch9860, Bold9900, Z10, Passport
    03-29-15 04:36 PM
    Ya it's pretty cool! O was doing an open house today at my neighbor's home, while it was slow I moved 900 photos from my phone. To my home PC, I've pulled contracts from miles away off my PC and moved them to my passport...it rocks

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    03-29-15 04:46 PM
    I'm using slpashtop... runs on windows and linux Machines. And it's amazing fast, I love it.

モーニング娘。15 ... my BlackBerryZ : Storm9500, Torch9860, Bold9900, Z10, Passport
    Can it really run in Linux? Can you run X11 remotely with it?
    03-29-15 07:44 PM
46 12