Not going to lie, this purchase was the worst decision. The only thing it's good for it looking and feeling great. And the lack of support from the company has really put a sour taste in my mouth.

DO NOT BUY IN 2017!

Anyway, problem #152 , is there a reason my bbm is no longer showing in my hub when i have, display in both, chosen? The bbm tab is present on the side tab but my messages don't show up in the hub will all the other messages

problem #153 , how do i reset my hub? The 5 diagonal swipes does not work for me.

I have already tried restarting the phone as well.
    Last edited by KillahKurlz1; 05-11-17 at 06:48 AM. Reason: additions
    05-11-17 06:45 AM
    If you haven't done it in a while (every 4 months) or if you installed 10.3.3 via an OTA update..... time to do a clean install with an Autoloader.
    If you haven't done it in a while (every 4 months) or if you installed 10.3.3 via an OTA update..... time to do a clean install with an Autoloader.
    kbalaz and anon(2313227) like this.
    05-11-17 07:30 AM
    Buy a different one, you obviously got a lemon.
    05-11-17 07:48 AM
    Been using my Passport SE for about three years now and it is still a pretty sweet device. Dunt Dunt Dunt's suggestion will do the trick for you.
    05-11-17 08:14 AM
    Yep, possibly your device which acts strangely. I've got no problems with mine, you could give the autoloader a try.

Posted via my Silver Berry
    05-11-17 08:16 AM

is there a reason my bbm is no longer showing in my hub when i have, display in both, chosen? The bbm tab is present on the side tab but my messages don't show up in the hub will all the other messages
    I think you have a defective device. The Swipe reset might be gone. I never used it and I dont have hub problems or freezing. I think if problems like that with BBM would be big story news here if it was the norm.
    05-11-17 08:24 AM
    Reloading the phone... I would only do this if there is good reason to do it for software problem but in my experience my software has been solid as a rock in 2 SE Phones. But it happens esp with OTA updates and it happens on computers or other hardware that has an OS.
    05-11-17 08:28 AM
    thanks for the suggestions. I just did a factory reset and will not sideload google play this time. The fact that this 'lemon' problem is so common only strengthens my resolve. I will have 2 passport SEs for sale as soon as I get a keyone.
    05-11-17 09:15 AM
    Passports are not hot sellers now... I bought Priv which is out for repair now and keeping Passport as backup served a purpose...

Posted via CB10
    05-11-17 09:22 AM
    Passports are not hot sellers now... I bought Priv which is out for repair now and keeping Passport as backup served a purpose...

Posted via CB10
    Well they are becoming even less hot as the time moves on, so op if you want to get rid of them you should sell them now because when k1 will become available there will be many more passports on the market by people who are moving to k1.

Tools not toys
    05-11-17 09:35 AM
    Well they are becoming even less hot as the time moves on, so op if you want to get rid of them you should sell them now because when k1 will become available there will be many more passports on the market by people who are moving to k1.

Tools not toys
    Oh yes, dozens...
    Attached Thumbnails Regretting buying the passport  problems #152 & 153-facebook-20150512-164146-1-.png  
    05-11-17 09:37 AM
    Oh yes, dozens...
    More than you think. Fools and their money are soon parted. Sucker born every minute.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-17 09:43 AM
    Not going to lie, this purchase was the worst decision. The only thing it's good for it looking and feeling great. And the lack of support from the company has really put a sour taste in my mouth.

DO NOT BUY IN 2017!

Anyway, problem #152 , is there a reason my bbm is no longer showing in my hub when i have, display in both, chosen? The bbm tab is present on the side tab but my messages don't show up in the hub will all the other messages

problem #153 , how do i reset my hub? The 5 diagonal swipes does not work for me.

All you have is os problem! Just autoload it and you are good.
    05-11-17 09:48 AM

DO NOT BUY IN 2017!

Your first problem is buying a phone that's already over two years old and has several predecessors.

The second problem is, BlackBerry OS10 has been dead for a long time now, replaced by android OS.... followed by the third problem.

Your third problem is it just sounds like you have BBM messaging hidden from the main message hub. I do the same. I only have 2 out of my 3 email accounts and texts show up in the hub. The others stay in their respective accounts.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    05-11-17 02:15 PM
    I have never used bbm once. I don't know anyone who does. For me, it's bloat. If you don't like the Passport, bbm can be used on other non BlackBerry devices.
    05-11-17 02:54 PM
    If this is true then the OS is actual trash meant for people with a lot of time on their hands.

My phone is on the official OS since I got it, which was 3-4 years ago, and it works okay most of the time. It certainly doesn't work as well as it did when I got it. Especially the browser. Oh my god the browser is so horrible.

BB10 is over. It used to be good.
    05-12-17 05:48 PM
    If this is true then the OS is actual trash meant for people with a lot of time on their hands.
    This suggestion doesn't just apply to BB10. Any OS will slow down over time and the device will benefit from a periodic clean install.
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    05-13-17 03:43 AM
    Everything was going pretty well until the camera starting refusing to focus. The treads don't help as no one knows why. I use the camera to take pictures of the worksheets I give my students and now, most of the time I can't. I think I'm finally through with BlackBerry. What a great keyboard though. Probably the best ever once you get past the learning curve I can actually touch type. It's really just too damn bad for both me and BlackBerry that I'm asking for a divorce. Sorry you just don't do it for me anymore and I'm leaving. Please don't throw my letter in the garbage.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-17 02:04 PM
    Before you junk it you may try some things...

Run BlackBerry Virtual Expert from BlackBerry World and run the tests to see about the camera... then try a 32 second reboot... then try boot to safe mode... then, if not working still, apply a complete operating system install using an autoloader... ALL of these maneuvers are easy to find on CB and you may get surprised it will work... or not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    05-13-17 02:14 PM
    Lol at people still on the "refresh" wagon. I haven't had to refresh ANY of my BlackBerry 10 phones and I keep them for 2-3 years each.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    05-13-17 07:12 PM
    Lol at people still on the "refresh" wagon. I haven't had to refresh ANY of my BlackBerry 10 phones and I keep them for 2-3 years each.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    That is great your experience has been like that but it doesn't mean it should be the same for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-17 07:19 PM
    Never on this planet should a phone NEED a fresh reload every four months. I've had BlackBerry phones for.... 12 years now maybe? And I've had to reload an operating system once. ONE time. And it was when the transition from conventional BlackBerry to bb10 came about and it didn't take well to running the migration from the old OS structure.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    05-13-17 07:39 PM
    Never on this planet should a phone NEED a fresh reload every four months. I've had BlackBerry phones for.... 12 years now maybe? And I've had to reload an operating system once. ONE time. And it was when the transition from conventional BlackBerry to bb10 came about and it didn't take well to running the migration from the old OS structure.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    Every 4 months is ridiculous, but a few years isn't absurd. But it does depend how you use your phone. I had to with my Q10 after 2 plus years, but I really believe it was due to all the Android apps I had tried.

Posted via CB10
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    05-13-17 08:08 PM
    More than you think. Fools and their money are soon parted. Sucker born every minute.

Posted via CB10
    Hence Google naming their Android OS 5.0 "Lollipop"? But in case you think I'm being unfair....I can add for balance that "The Apple doesn't fall far from the tree"....while on a Passport that text DIDN'T fill the e--n--t--i--r--e - s--c--r--e--e--n.
    :-)
    05-14-17 11:55 PM

Posted via CB10 Passport
    That's great! For those who do experience slowdown and other things don't fix it, a clean reinstall is worth a shot.
    05-16-17 03:58 PM
30 12