You're basing your opinion off of what amounts to junk images of a prototype, trust me. You'll think different soon. There was more to this article than I can really say - http://crackberry.com/new-details-ab...n-about-device
    So you must of seen the real thing.... Mr Blaze...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    05-21-14 11:43 AM
    I can confirm what Bla1ze said. When you guys see the device it has the possibility to be a game-changer in an industry of similar devices.
    Did you mean that as in:

"the smartphones in market are quite similar in design: the W will be different"

or

"it may be a game changer in the category it will launch in"?

Or something else?

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 03:13 PM
    I still didn't get if this Q30 will be for everyone or just for that medical thing lol
    05-21-14 03:48 PM
    I still didn't get if this Q30 will be for everyone or just for that medical thing lol
    I think (prepare for sheer guessing) it's designed with specific medical applications in mind, but will be available to consumers too.

I want it. If I have to go to med school to get it, so be it.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    tomsobon likes this.
    05-21-14 07:22 PM
    It's too early to comment on this.If you speak about similar devices competition then q10 till now would have changed the game.But it didn't. Being aa 4.5 inch qwerty doesn't make the device superior unless and until its thoughtfully designed and backed with some innovation.

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    On this note maybe jubei and bla1ze can shed just a little more light on this because I have the same understanding as yours.

Unless this device has a potentially "game changing" innovation or 2, the Q30 is just a larger Q10.

Besides the unconfirmed gesturable keyboard (which is great but I wouldnt call it game chaning) what else can we expect from the Q30?

At the very least maybe jubei and bla1ze can give us a simple yes or no to this question:

Is there more to the Q30 than whats already been said on bla1ze's post?

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    05-24-14 06:31 PM
    Does the Windermere have the paratek antenna and speakers found in the Z30? I would imagine every BlackBerry made from now on will have these

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 11:54 PM
    Does the Windermere have the paratek antenna and speakers found in the Z30? I would imagine every BlackBerry made from now on will have these

Posted via CB10
    Not sure about speakers, but technically, even the Z10 has a Paratek antenna.

Inside the BlackBerry Z10 | Chipworks Blog

We had one of our readers spot another really good chip story, and one that perhaps helps to differentiate Blackberry in terms of their vertical integration and wireless capabilities. There are three impedance matched BST (Barium Strontium Titanate) IC’s that were developed by a company called Paratek, which was acquired by RIM in March 2012 (the orange devices at right). They play a key role in tuning the antenna. One of the investors in Paratek calls the solution a. “game changer by allowing users to upload data faster and experience fewer dropped calls.”

The BST devices allow for the antenna tuning to be optimized depending upon conditions, thus making them adaptive. Voltages to the BST tuner IC’s are modified to maximize tuner efficiency, thus saving power and reducing dropped calls.
    wnyjackson likes this.
    05-25-14 11:00 AM
    Not sure about speakers, but technically, even the Z10 has a Paratek antenna.

Inside the BlackBerry Z10 | Chipworks Blog
    Cool thanks for the info. I don't have a Z30 but I've read here the antenna is noticeably better for signal strength.

Also I've read users love the speakers on the Z30 i hope they include the antenna and speakers on every new phone going forward.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 03:15 PM
    To be honest, what's funny to me is that there is a lot of secrecy about this device, even though a lot of people claim to have seen it, and know a lot more about the device than what is publicly known, but they 'can't talk about it'. Everyone claims it will be a 'game changer' and that it could 'save blackberry' , which is all cool and swanky, but why are the things leaking that could potentially put off people? E.g ; the prototype picture, which looks awful. Leak something that sparks interest. If you've seen the device, give us some info about it, or just stop saying the usual marketing b.s, because it's kind of stupid. The specs that leaked a couple of weeks ago are okay, but still don't give us all the info we want, it's too vague imo.

What's next, a big event for the reveal of the Windermere scheduled for Q4? Yes, a couple of interested people care, but it's not like you have the market share of Samsung or Apple, if you want to play the 'Wait and see' game, you have to keep me interested, and not play coy like it's the device of the future without giving me any details as to when i could possibly get my hands on one. Give me something, a date, pricing, anything. Announce the damn device.
    Last edited by SenorPistachio; 05-26-14 at 03:53 AM.
    Dmessenger likes this.
    05-25-14 03:41 PM
    Just my opinion but is anyone else put off by the "Windermere" like I am? Idk what it is. I'm a huge BlackBerry fan, and all for innovation and trying new things, but I seriously can't wrap my head around that devices design. I literally cringe every time I see it . I think if it's ever released I'll just try to ignore it completely like it never existed lol. What are your thoughts on it guys? (and gals)
    Would it really bother you that much if BlackBerry had the gall to produce a device that you don't like? Nobody's forcing you, and you don't represent the entire range of potential customers.

Personally, the Windemere isn't for me, either. My Z30 has made me a confirmed full-touch BB10 user. But personally, I find the Windemere concept interesting and a potential new direction for BB to move in.

Just because I don't want it myself doesn't mean it's bad for everyone.
    05-25-14 04:53 PM
    Would it really bother you that much if BlackBerry had the gall to produce a device that you don't like? Nobody's forcing you, and you don't represent the entire range of potential customers.

Personally, the Windemere isn't for me, either. My Z30 has made me a confirmed full-touch BB10 user. But personally, I find the Windemere concept interesting and a potential new direction for BB to move in.

Just because I don't want it myself doesn't mean it's bad for everyone.
    I agree with Thunderbuck. My wife loves her Q10 and doesn't like the look of the Q30, but she loves her keys and I am sure she will love the Q30 when it comes out. I also agree with an earlier post where someone says it reminds them of early Blackberries. Blackberry has to do something different or it will keep getting the same (poor) result.
    05-26-14 02:57 PM
    I agree with Thunderbuck. My wife loves her Q10 and doesn't like the look of the Q30, but she loves her keys and I am sure she will love the Q30 when it comes out. I also agree with an earlier post where someone says it reminds them of early Blackberries. Blackberry has to do something different or it will keep getting the same (poor) result.
    Yeap. Differentiate or die.

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    05-26-14 05:45 PM
    I'm still betting the Windermere is the first device targeting this partnership: BlackBerry and NantHealth to Jointly Develop New Smartphone | N4BB. I think the form factor and high-res screen make good sense for medical professionals who need to be able to examine forms and images, and who want to do so on a phone-sized device rather than a tablet. Whether consumers will be interested is another question. If I'm right about this device, it's not primarily aimed at consumers, but that doesn't mean it won't be available to them. I know I'll be interested.
    I totally agree with you.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 05:15 PM
    I think that trying to go back to the BlackBerry devices of yore as a way to move forward is insanity. It shows that they still don't understand why they got into trouble in the first place.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    05-29-14 06:48 PM
    So based on Blaze's comments, lets go back and look a little more closely:

4.5-Inch 1440x1440 Full HD LCD 453 DPI Display - A Beautiful large display for the largest BlackBerry experience to date.

-- This is going to be interesting, but of the size and the aspect ratio. My guess, is that this will be good for reading, and perhaps more versatile.

A Revolutionary Keyboard - The fast, accurate typing experience you crave with the convenience of all your favorite all-touch gestures at your fingertips.

-- this is the "synaptics" touch keyboard concept. Swipe gestures and navigation on the keys themselves. And perhaps SWYPE type functions on real physical keys. That will be interesting for potential one handed use.

Designed to keep up with you all day - A powerful and efficient battery designed for a full day use. A slim 3450 mAh battery.

--ok - big battery. good thing. The question is whether it is removeable or not. Likely not because it is also a slim device.

A better BlackBerry 10 camera and photo taking experience - 13MP OIS rear camera designed to capture the best photo every time.

-- note - the camera looks to be in the middle of the phone on the back at the top. This means you are gripping this on the sides (it is wider) can type and not get your finger in the way of the camera like on the Z series. So, perhaps a better camera experience. And, with a better physical camera and better software from 10.3 - this could be a much more pleasant picture taking experience.

Hmmmmm
    05-29-14 07:34 PM
    The renderings I've seen are hideous and will reinforce the worst impressions of BlackBerry. I think the Classic is promising and I love my Q10 and am looking forward to my Z30 in the mail --- but I'll never own this phone. I hope the rest of the world disagrees and it sells like hotcakes but I just can't see it.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 08:09 PM
    Well the Z30 is a great device to upgrade from a Z10. And this is coming from someone who uses an HTC One M8 daily. My M8 is the Google Play edition and my Z30 does everything the HTC One can, and more. I just don't use it as my everyday device because I'm still a hardcore keyboard user so I carry my Q10 for business and my M8 for everything else. But when the Z30 was released the 2 Z10's in my home were quickly replaced.
    I'm sorry I love BlackBerry but I can't agree with the Z30 doing everything the M8 can do and more. Maybe simple phone tasks yes. No customization, no zoe, no dual camera, no blinkfeed, the screen is amazing as well. Those are my favorite two companies HTC and BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 08:13 PM
    I'm all for having a bigger Q10 I would buy it, but won't it be really awkward to hold and awkward shape and top or bottom heavy?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 08:15 PM
    Its basically a mini tablet. For all you playbook owners this is as close as you will get to a new tablet from blackberry.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    05-30-14 01:18 AM
    Its basically a mini tablet. For all you playbook owners this is as close as you will get to a new tablet from blackberry.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    I thought that was the Z30...

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    05-30-14 07:31 AM
70 123