It is definitely final. The device is being launched in some months time.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 12:34 AM
    To each their own. Those open minded to change, will certainly embrace this phone. Personally I'm anxiously waiting for this awesome BEAST to land. I like things that are different from the norm. Life is for the living.

OP it is quite okay if you don't like the new phone ; I sincerely hope that the intended target market loves the Windermere.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 07:42 AM
    I'll wait until it's officially announced and official photos are released before I jump to conclusions.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    05-15-14 07:51 AM
    You're basing your opinion off of what amounts to junk images of a prototype, trust me. You'll think different soon. There was more to this article than I can really say - New details about the BlackBerry 'Windermere' have changed my opinion on the device | CrackBerry.com
    this guy knows something! when can you tell us?
    05-15-14 08:02 AM
    All I can say is I don't want a Z30 'cos the form factor is too big, so this one is definitely out for me, regardless of anything else. I think the size alone will make this phone horrible to look at never mind use. Don't want a physical keyboard phone again either. Great for the medical profession maybe, not so great for the rest of us mere mortals I fear. I don't think it will appeal to anyone really outside it's intended market, although I am sure some die hard BlackBerry fans will love it.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    05-15-14 08:09 AM
    I, for one, am very interested in this device. If it's a choice, in Q phones, between the Windermere with bigger screen and no belt and the Classic, with smaller screen and tool belt, I think I'm in for the Windermere. My Q10 by no means maxes out what I can deal with in terms of phone width. I'm interested in the Classic too, but I'm not one of those people who is jonesing for a trackpad.
    05-15-14 10:37 AM
    Why are they releasing a high-end phone and high quality screen, with a square screen that isn't suitable for games and media?

Do productivity apps need an ultra high quality screen?

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 11:15 AM
    Why are they releasing a high-end phone and high quality screen, with a square screen that isn't suitable for games and media?

Posted via CB10
    Yes
    05-15-14 11:22 AM
    05-15-14 11:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, especially if these apps involve medical imaging of some sort. We've been given information that the Windermere will be designed for use in a medical setting.

Images are media.

If the screen diagonal is 4.5", it'll be about 3.2" in height and width. That's not impossibly small for video clips, though you probably wouldn't want to watch a movie on it. It'll allow a video display that's larger than the iPhone 4 had, and supposedly people watched (and still watch) movies on that. The same goes for games. Obviously, if you want the largest possible area for video and game displays, you don't want this device. It's not really optimized for those uses, but it's not as though they're out of the question.
    05-15-14 11:54 AM
    Yes
    Try again

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 11:57 AM
    I can confirm what Bla1ze said. When you guys see the device it has the possibility to be a game-changer in an industry of similar devices.
    Bla bla bla, and who might you be Mr.Raziel?

That statement would only make sense if you had seen the device already

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 12:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    He's a blogger who has never seen the device

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 12:22 PM
    BlackBerry has to innovate and try to make new devices in a new shape and design. Do you remember the "experts" response on the launching of galaxy note? Or the comments of the BlackBerry / Nokia executives in the iPhone 1? It's positive to see BlackBerry risk and innovate.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 02:18 PM
    BlackBerry has to innovate and try to make new devices in a new shape and design. Do you remember the "experts" response on the launching of galaxy note? Or the comments of the BlackBerry / Nokia executives in the iPhone 1? It's positive to see BlackBerry risk and innovate.

Posted via CB10
    Nonsense.

When Apple announced the iPhone it was brave/risky because what they proposed would change the mobile world forever, and many thought it wasn't possible.

BlackBerry are proposing a big square phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 04:39 PM
    Nonsense.

When Apple announced the iPhone it was brave/risky because what they proposed would change the mobile world forever, and many thought it wasn't possible.

BlackBerry are proposing a big square phone.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, but props to BlackBerry they did also manage to stick an old clackety keyboard on it too! ; )

Careful! Z10 in action!
    05-15-14 05:26 PM
    With the comment from Jubei, now we are sure that the guys at CB saw the device. Now the question is : was it a leak/ a special demo private event or do they have the device in hand for Pre-release Review. If for testing purpose, I bet we will see it as well sooner than later.

Posted via CB10
    DJ BigToe likes this.
    05-15-14 06:04 PM
    I can confirm what Bla1ze said. When you guys see the device it has the possibility to be a game-changer in an industry of similar devices.
    It's too early to comment on this.If you speak about similar devices competition then q10 till now would have changed the game.But it didn't. Being aa 4.5 inch qwerty doesn't make the device superior unless and until its thoughtfully designed and backed with some innovation.

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    05-15-14 10:52 PM
    I'm still betting the Windermere is the first device targeting this partnership: BlackBerry and NantHealth to Jointly Develop New Smartphone | N4BB. I think the form factor and high-res screen make good sense for medical professionals who need to be able to examine forms and images, and who want to do so on a phone-sized device rather than a tablet. Whether consumers will be interested is another question. If I'm right about this device, it's not primarily aimed at consumers, but that doesn't mean it won't be available to them. I know I'll be interested.
    05-16-14 08:36 AM
    I am a practicing engineer and would welcome a device that could allow me to review drawings and documents while in the field. It is often difficult to see them on a smaller phone and I am not interested in carrying a tablet. If someone could bring out a DWG viewer for BB10 even better! I can see a large market in construction if the right apps and devices are geared to contractors, architects and engineers.
    ubizmo likes this.
    05-16-14 12:41 PM
    Women love keyboards. And big screens. They don't need to fit the phone in their pocket they have a purse. I think this will sell much better than expected. Can't wait.

No doubt appearances are important.

I think the main problem everyone has to get their head around is a 4.5 inch perfect square 1:1 screen.

I love my Q10 but it just seems a little bit unusual to insist on a screen ratio that is exclusive to BlackBerry qwerty devices when everyone else industry wise has either 16:9, 15:9 or 4:3.

This doesnt not bode well for android app compatibility because android apps are not coded for 1:1 screens but are however compatible with almost every other ratio out there.

It seems to me if only BlackBerry decided to make the device taller and fit a 4.5inch 4:3 screen everything would be better.

I dont want to be short sighted and create assumptions though. BlackBerry may end up with a device that a significant amount of people would want to buy.

I know im very interested.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    05-16-14 12:44 PM
    I'd buy one, especially when it really is kind of "Bauhaus style"

I usually buy new mobiles every 6 months or so and was thinking of a Sony Z2. I will wait however until the Windermere is going to be released.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 02:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Have you been on CB lately? LOL

Something tells me that he actually saw the device.. like Bla1ze did..

I am looking forward to trying out how this new keyboard will work!! I would love to hear again positive comments related to a new.. innovative (again) BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 11:11 PM
    Have you been on CB lately? LOL

Something tells me that he actually saw the device.. like Bla1ze did..

I am looking forward to trying out how this new keyboard will work!! I would love to hear again positive comments related to a new.. innovative (again) BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    It's true, when a person tells you they can't say anything else about a product, it usually because there is a legal issue standing right behind them, watching their every move. He may have said too much already. Has anyone seen the guy since he made that post?
    05-21-14 08:28 AM
    If the screen diagonal is 4.5", it'll be about 3.2" in height and width. That's not impossibly small for video clips, though you probably wouldn't want to watch a movie on it. It'll allow a video display that's larger than the iPhone 4 had...
    Wasn't iPhone 4 3.5"?

Any way, I hope that squared screen won't be a problem to run apps decently...

Posted via CrackBerry App
    05-21-14 10:35 AM
70 123