I was at Best Buy today, looking at the iPhone 6 Plus and the Galaxy Note 4, and both looked good, for what they were anyway, but did seem quite a bit larger than I anticipated. The iPhone 6 plus is dramatically larger than the regular iPhone 6, for instance.

On to the point of this post: The iPhone 6 (The Plus anyway) has a feature that allows you to tap a button twice and move the top of the screen down so you can more readily access the top half stuff for continued one handed use. That Note 4 has its own version of that, but it moves one side of the screen to the other, L to R, or vice versa, depending on if you are left or right handed, to achieve the same end. Does anyone know if the Passport has a similar feature?

Also, I've read how holding the Passport in both hands to use the keyboard, your hands are so low that the phone is top heavy and it can be awkward to use. Has anyone used it enough to know if this is just something that takes a little getting used to, or if it will be an ongoing issue? (I could see holding the phone in one hand and typing or using the keyboard or screen to move things around with the other hand, but it would be nice to be able to easily use the phone holding it in both hands as well)
    10-02-14 04:57 PM
    Typo correction: ... have the ability...
    10-02-14 04:58 PM
    Not that I think
    it would benefit from a few simple tweaks for the largest screen.

Eg would maybe be good if the active frames sit at the bottom.
    Regarding one handed use, does the Passport of the ability to pull the top half of the screen down?-img_20141002_230745.png

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 05:10 PM
    The Passport doesn't do any fancy screen moving. If you want to use it one handed it's possible though. It's a bit of a stretch at times and may require a little shuffling the phone around in your hand. I can touch the top left app icon with not too much effort.

I really don't understand why anyone would say you have to hold the phone so low to type. You can easily rotate your hands a little so that all of your fingers are holding the back of the phone and have your thumbs on the keyboard, like touching your thumb and pinky together. Not to mention there are plenty of other ways to hold it. I was discussing this with a friend the other day, demonstrated the so called low type method, and we both had a pretty good laugh.
    10-02-14 05:11 PM
    I like how Jolla solves this problem of size and one handed use. Almost all actions can be done just by thumb moving anywhere on the screen. Just swiping a few pixels left/right.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 05:33 PM