I have an issue free black passport, well with the exception of the bloch mark by the logo on the back. I'm thinking of springing for the red but I'm wondering if the red has any of the issues the black has had such as bending, screens lifting, bleeding of light under keys and a non clicky spacebar. I would like to get this soon before the logo changes to Samsung lol seriously though does the Red seem to have fewer issues for those that have had both?

Posted via CB10
    7onZ likes this.
    01-14-15 07:40 PM
    I can't really see how the color would effect the performance. But I've been wrong before. Once!
    01-14-15 08:08 PM
    It's not performance I'm concerned about...it's build quality and since they are made with different materials and at different times I'm wondering if red has a lower ratio of build quality issues than the black has had.

Posted via CB10
    EsJayDee and grungebetty like this.
    01-14-15 08:13 PM
    Hang on, didn't BlackBerry rubbished the claims that samsung is gonna buy over them?

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 08:16 PM
    Hang on, didn't BlackBerry rubbished the claims that samsung is gonna buy over them?

Posted via CB10
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 09:27 PM
    I kinda regret the samsung buyout mention as its getting more posts than the question I'm hoping to get answered is...I'm thinking of buying a red passport...I have a black one now and love it. What I want to know from those that have both, when comparing the 2 side by side is there a noticeable difference in build quality?

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 09:36 PM
    Only thing I have read is the space bar is worse than the one on the black passport. I heard this in here and apparently it's not the case with all of them.......... other than that I haven't read anything...

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 11:02 PM
    I initially had a black one with several issues(squeaking keyboard and backcover) so replaced it with another black. The new one had burn pixels(brighter pixels) at the mid of screen, so I replaced it with a red one hoping the same as OP.

I can confirm that the red one I got had same back cover issue with marks around the logo, same twisting body, and the worse bleeding light between keys... so I would say that its not any better than black in terms of build quality. I finally decided to replace it again with another black one since the red was much lighter than what I thought it would be.

I finally got the one passport without any defects such as squeaky body frames and burn pixels.. but it still twists and have stains around the logo on back. I will stick to this one until the passport 2 comes out next year since I still love the os10 and the big screen of pp plus keyboard.

I'm actually concerning of getting the att version passport since that one seems to have a reinforced frame with less design flaw. I just dont want to be a guinea pig once again..

Posted via CB10
    EsJayDee likes this.
    01-14-15 11:18 PM
    I would like to get this soon before the logo changes to Samsung lol

Posted via CB10
    This made me chuckle :-D

"When life gives you Blackberries... keep moving b*tch!"
    01-14-15 11:30 PM
    I initially had a black one with several issues(squeaking keyboard and backcover) so replaced it with another black. The new one had burn pixels(brighter pixels) at the mid of screen, so I replaced it with a red one hoping the same as OP.

I can confirm that the red one I got had same back cover issue with marks around the logo, same twisting body, and the worse bleeding light between keys... so I would say that its not any better than black in terms of build quality. I finally decided to replace it again with another black one since the red was much lighter than what I thought it would be.

I finally got the one passport without any defects such as squeaky body frames and burn pixels.. but it still twists and have stains around the logo on back. I will stick to this one until the passport 2 comes out next year since I still love the os10 and the big screen of pp plus keyboard.

I'm actually concerning of getting the att version passport since that one seems to have a reinforced frame with less design flaw. I just dont want to be a guinea pig once again..

Posted via CB10
    So it isn't a deep red but a light red? Is there a picture you can attach that best shows its true color? The pictures I have seen all seem to have a different shade of red....

Posted via CB10
    EsJayDee likes this.
    01-15-15 07:28 AM
    I do not have the red pp with me now, so I can't take pictures of it.

But the color has little bit of orange tint (lighter red) under the direct sun light. It still shows darker and richer red when it is under the dark room(not complete, but with less lighted environment). This is why it looks all different in terms of color shading under the different light circumstance. At least it didn't meet my expectation in terms of shade.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 03:16 PM
    Just bit the bullet and ordered the Redberry Passport...guess I will have to see for myself how the 2 compare and sell the one I like the least.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 03:30 PM
    The red Passport, from my experience, has better build quality than the black Passport. Was unsure of whether or not to return the red as it is within 30 days due to twisting, screen lifting, etc. which I made a post about, but since I have not had any of these issues on the black from launch or the new red I have decided to keep both.

Was also thinking about returning to go for the AT&T model as the frame is different and better in regard to the above mentioned issues that some have had. Just hoping for a good several years from the Passport without any major issues! My mother will be getting the AT&T version so it will be interesting to compare in person.

She is also not nearly as careful with her devices; pretty much the average consumer, so I'm glad the frame is supposedly stronger due to the changes along with the way the screen sits inside the frame on the AT&T model.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 10:09 AM
    I agree, the frame and screen lifts is what worries me as well. I have owned a blackberry for well over a decade now and although I am a bit anal about keeping my devices in perfect condition I don't recall ever worrying about build quality. All of my blackberry have been rock solid and lasted 2 or more years with a failure. The only blackberry issue I can recall was the constant cleaning of the track ball socket. Anyway I really like my passport and I'm hoping in the seidio surface case and holster it will be in the same condition in two years. The Red comes Monday

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 08:44 AM
    I have a black passport and my Mom has a red one. Both are issue-free and of the same build quality.

That being said I prefer the soft back of the black Passport. The red back feels a little too plasticky to me. The red keyboard is beautiful though. I might mod my black to get the red chin or red keyboard.

Posted via my gorgeous Passport
    01-17-15 09:16 AM