Dear friends, professionals!
    After one month of using iPhone 7 plus, I have received an email from my friend... he asked me, if I want new sealed BB PP Red (his boss gave him two devices). And my feelings - wow... red... I really want it. But do I need it? In 2016? That's the question...
    Is the PP really productive in the mid 2016 for You?
    Has anyone here replaced their phone, laptop, and tablet with one device: the BlackBerry Passport?
    For me the main things I need are convenience in typing (I use MS Office a lot, about 10 hours a day), Adobe Acrobat, etc., and also autonomy. I am working in the sphere of science, so I work with a lot of researches and databases. I need to read them, analyze, systematize. And I am also doing a lot of administrative work, that is why I always have hundreds emails every day and I should response on them very quickly, so I really work online. I also have a lot of calls and sms every day from my colleagues. I use Facebook and LinkedIn, Viber, WhatsApp and Skype for work.
    Will it satisfy all my needs?

Many thanks!
    Emanuel_Bardanis likes this.
    10-19-16 02:22 PM
    Based on your app needs... no it won't.

Now if he is going to "give" it to you cheaply, it might be fun to have it as a 2nd phone or to play around with.

And while the Passport is WIDE... it's not a 17" screen like a laptop. A really good tablet might allow you to have only two devcies... but while my phone has replaced much of what I do on a PC or laptop... I still use them.
    kirson likes this.
    10-19-16 02:36 PM
    Databases, really? It's a phone, not a laptop

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 and andy957 like this.
    10-19-16 03:29 PM
    I wonder if your 1 month old iPhone 7+ can cater all your needs. For my daily messaging needs I still count on my passport. Hundreds of emails and instant messages.

-trackwheel-trackball-trackpad-keyboardtouch-
    10-19-16 04:52 PM
    I'll take the red passport if he wants to give it to me.

Rock'n that Passport with the red Kevlar skin
    J_Apryono likes this.
    10-19-16 05:14 PM
    That's a lot of work to do on a phone. You need a laptop or a tablet with a keyboard case!
    10-19-16 05:30 PM
    What happened to your Classic?

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    10-19-16 06:24 PM
    For work, the passport has been better for emailing, word docs and pdf by far for me. If there's something I can't get done on my passport I use my iPad mini to do it.
    10-23-16 10:04 AM
    Dear friends, professionals!
    After one month of using iPhone 7 plus, I have received an email from my friend... he asked me, if I want new sealed BB PP Red (his boss gave him two devices). And my feelings - wow... red... I really want it. But do I need it? In 2016? That's the question...
    Is the PP really productive in the mid 2016 for You?
    Has anyone here replaced their phone, laptop, and tablet with one device: the BlackBerry Passport?
    For me the main things I need are convenience in typing (I use MS Office a lot, about 10 hours a day), Adobe Acrobat, etc., and also autonomy. I am working in the sphere of science, so I work with a lot of researches and databases. I need to read them, analyze, systematize. And I am also doing a lot of administrative work, that is why I always have hundreds emails every day and I should response on them very quickly, so I really work online. I also have a lot of calls and sms every day from my colleagues. I use Facebook and LinkedIn, Viber, WhatsApp and Skype for work.
    Will it satisfy all my needs?

Many thanks!
    Viber, Skype and Whatsapp (app will no longer be available after December 2016) will not satisfy your needs. Linkedin works fine on BlackBerry 10.

All the other things mentioned will definitely satisfy your needs. BlackBerry has always been a communication powerhouse. The KB is superb and the screen real estate for viewing/editing MS docs and PDFs is excellent!

Editing emails with the KB trackpad is phenomenal once you master it. No more trying to select the correct editing spot with a touch screen.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-16 09:05 PM
    Not recommended, stick with iPhone 7.

via BlackBerry P A S S P O R T | Original Gangster
    10-23-16 09:41 PM
    Give it a spin and see what happens. If it's not your cup of tea, give it back.

Keep your old phone for all the stuff your BlackBerry can't do. You should be set.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    10-23-16 09:56 PM
    It really depends what you need. If is for work and communication Passport is the one to go for.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 11:02 AM
    Need instant email? Passport is the answer.
    11-04-16 12:54 PM
    I use my blackberr passport SE for all of my business and personal needs. At anytime if I needed something specific I did some research and found a simple means to achieve it on my blackberry passport.
    You will be very satisfied with documentation type work on the blackberry. I also use MS Word very much just about everyday. After using my blackberry I really couldn't imagine using iphones or Android devices again.
    The simplicity is amazing. The storage
    The speed
    The strength
    The ability to multitask using the HUB I believe is much more advanced for us businessman than thr basic notification panel in the other popular devices.
    As far as personal... I've installed all social and media applications.
    The screen is very clear and sharp even in bright light environments.
    Make the switch. And give yourself maybe ten days to figure most things out.
    Also, dig into crackberry and basic google searches for any questions.
    You will learn something new everyday.
    Ps... I wrote this entire message in less than 1.5 minutes!!!
    Awesome keyboard

Posted via CB10
    12-24-16 02:18 PM