After reading so many reviews about the outstanding volume of the Passport stereo speakers, I am disappointed with mine. The volume output is not even loud enough to understand podcast conversations or ball games while I am showering. My Curve 8520 (poor man's BlackBerry) mono speaker was louder, and great while I was showering. In fact, the volume control on the Passport shows 50% before I can even hear any media being played through the external speakers or through the auxiliary out (to a desktop radio's auxiliary in). That makes me think that I am only getting 50% of the potential volume response from the speakers or line-out.

Also, when listening to the radio through the FM tuner on my Passport, there is a random clicking noise in the background, whether I am listening through the external speakers or the headphones. The clicking occurs in either left or right channel, randomly.

I have an active RMA, and the replacement that I just received is no improvement. Both the volume and tuner issues are present with no difference at all. Could this be problems inherent only in the production run involving the Red edition?
    Last edited by MBrettH; 07-07-16 at 01:33 PM.
    07-07-16 12:39 AM
    There's a few things it could be.
    1) the download quality of what your streaming.
    2) the FM radio click could be a bad cord, either auxiliary cord or head set.
    3) electrical interference can cause clicks

To fix the low auxiliary output issue, I personally have a auxiliary cord with microphone so I can use the volume boost. Since it only works with headphones.

I also bought a device called sound shocker.
    07-07-16 07:39 PM
    There's a few things it could be.
    1) The volume issue is across all media types, affecting the speakers and the auxiliary output.
    2) Thought of that, and have tried different cords with the same result. The BlackBerry headphones, I am sure, are properly shielded.
    3) None of the other radios in the house display this behavior, so I can rule that out, also.

I will look for one of these mic'ed aux cord. I'll look up the Sound Shocker. Thanks!
    I am still looking for anyone else who may have this experience.... Particularly with the Red Passport. I am thinking that there may be a bad assembly run/hardware batch involved.
    07-07-16 09:29 PM
    1) The volume issue is across all media types, affecting the speakers and the auxiliary output.
    2) Thought of that, and have tried different cords with the same result. The BlackBerry headphones, I am sure, are properly shielded.
    3) None of the other radios in the house display this behavior, so I can rule that out, also.

I will look for one of these mic'ed aux cord. I'll look up the Sound Shocker. Thanks!
    I am still looking for anyone else who may have this experience.... Particularly with the Red Passport. I am thinking that there may be a bad assembly run/hardware batch involved.
    Here check out this thread. I have a link to a video I made to show off the sound shocker and sound shocker pro.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1075495

Posted via CB10
    MBrettH likes this.
    07-07-16 11:15 PM